Wedding Hairstyling - Photos and Ideas by UrbanClap Professionals
Filter photos by
396 Ideas & Photos Found
Front Twisted Side Braids Embellished With Delicate Pearl StringsBy Gautam Khullar
Open Curls With White Flowered TiaraBy Nikhil Y. Bharane
Gold Kundan Bridal Set With Light and Natural Make UpBy Patel Pritiben
Side Swept Curly Tendrils With High Front PuffBy Paramjeet Singh Dhanjal
Bridal Front Slit Updo And Kundan AccessoriesBy Navdeep Soni
Romantic Engagement Day Photo-shoot For The Bride And GroomBy Kabeer Grover
Messy Braid Bridal Hairstyle On MehendiBy Kabeer Grover
Twisted Bridal Bun With Front Fringes Goes Well With Smoky EyesBy Bosco Naveen
Majestic High Over The Head Bridal BunBy Gautam Khullar
Messy High Bun With Front FringesBy Gautam Khullar
Front Twisted Bridal Bun Lavished With Red Roses In HairBy Nikhil Y. Bharane
Smokey Eyes With Subtle Lips And Front Slid High Bridal BunBy Mamta Devi
Front Twisted Puffed Bridal Bun And Smokey Eyes With Bold LipsBy Patel Pritiben
Shining Blue Bridal Lehenga With Messy Bun Goes Well For Engagement DayBy Navdeep Soni
Amalgamation Of Alluring Yellow Backless Anarkali Suit With Light Pink StoleBy Navdeep Soni
Front Twisted Bun And Kundan Accessories Of BrideBy Gitesh Dhawan
Exotic Smokey Eyes With Bold LipsBy Anoop Mahajan
Bridal Bun With Whit FlowersBy Sonali Mane
Half-Up Half Down Hairstyle For The Special DayBy Kabeer Grover
Sided Open Curls Suits Well On The Bride For Engagement CeremonyBy Kabeer Grover
Shimmery Peach Bridal Gown Suits Best For The Engagement DayBy Kabeer Grover
Messy Bridal Bun With Front FringesBy Kabeer Grover
Sparking In Red Sequins GownBy Kabeer Grover
South Indian Bridal Bun With Red And White FlowersBy Sheetal Verma
Find the top vendors in your locality
Read practical and trendy advice from wedding experts, couples, and top professionals
Sabyasachi's New Spring Summer Collection: 7 Trends That Will Rule 2018!
24 Feb, 2018
6 Best Websites To Rent Wedding Outfits in India
23 Feb, 2018
Step-By-Step Guide On How To Blend Eye Shadows Perfectly
22 Feb, 2018
33 Best Wedding Outfits from Lakme Fashion Week Summer Resort 2018
19 Feb, 2018
10 Easy Nail Art Ideas For Valentine's Day
14 Feb, 2018
14 Feb, 2018
9 Basic Makeup Tips and Tricks Every Beginner Should Know
10 Feb, 2018
14 Best Matha Patti Designs That Real Brides Wore!
7 Feb, 2018
A Wedding Planner's Gorgeous Goa Wedding (With *SO Many* Ideas To Steal!)
7 Feb, 2018
10 Unique Pre-Wedding Shoot Ideas
1 Feb, 2018
Your wedding is a few weeks away. You have finalised your look, what you will wear, how the decor would be like, mehendi designs - but you absolutely forgot about how you would style your hairs across different functions. You won’t be surprised to know that brides often miss planning the hairstyle that they would carry to complete their dream look at the wedding. The right hairstyle plays a very important role in getting the right look and you have to pay enough attention to it. The hairdo must match the outfit, accessories and the makeup. Hence, it is always advised for prospective brides to schedule hairstyle trial along with a memo trial a few months prior to the wedding.
Hairstyle Ideas For Different Wedding Functions
Different functions across the wedding call for different looks and hence different hairstyles. You should plan all of them along with what you will wear. Below are some classic and trendy ideas for your to get inspired from!
- Elegant Twisted Side Bun is a dressy idea that can glam up your lehengas in a jiffy. It keeps things simple and chic, diverting all the attention to the outfit, jewellery and the accessories.
- Go for Long Braid, covered In Flowers if you have long and voluminous hair. The hair is neatly parted from the centre and combed back creating a light, natural looking puff and then braided down. The braid is then adorned with beautiful white flowers for that goddess like look
- Long flowy waves are one the most simple yet elegant looks to achieve. Let your hair loose and free, parted in the centre with a beautiful studded maang-tikka carefully placed in the partition.
- Bouquet Bun is perfect for a classic look. Make a low bun and decorate it with a jasmine garland called Gajra. The Gajra gives a fresh and feminine touch to the hair-do.
- Back Swept Open Curls is another dashing look for your wedding day. Part your hair at the side of the head in an angular fashion. Comb the hairs of the broader section to the back to create a slight front puff. Pin the hairs at the back of the head, creating a back puff and leave the length of the hairs open. The length of hairs needs to be curled in small sections and only a minimal part of the curled hairs should be taken to the front from over one shoulder. The maximum volume of the hairs should be left at the back.
Hairstyle Ideas For The Wedding Day
The wedding day is here and you need to decide on the different hair-do’s that you can opt for to look like an absolute queen. Fret not, we have listed some top hairstyles that you might like to opt for
- A loosely held, low bun can compliment both western and Indian outfits. If you are wearing something trendy like a gown or something traditional like a simple lehenga or an anarkali, it will go well with either.
- Braided back bun is a classic party messy bun where a section of the hair is used as a headband and rest of the hair is twirled into curls.This hairstyle gives volume to your hair. So, if you have thin hair - you should go forward with this look.
- Flaunt your long luscious locks on your engagement day with soft waves at the end. To give it a surprise twist, you can also part your hair from either side and pin up a few strands of your hair loosely at the back. This hairdo might be super simple but looks cute and beautiful at the same time.
Hairstyle Ideas For The Engagement Ceremony
The engagement ceremony provides a chance to the bride to look her glam best with a graceful touch. Depending on the length of the hair, the bride to be can opt for numerous hairstyles for that special touch of grace, sophistication and elegance
- Feathered set Up is a great idea for brides with short hair. A simple blow dry and curling iron will help you add volume to your hair. Both side and centre parting would look equally good, and just leave the tips curled up.
- Fishtail knot is perfect for the girls with long hair, a side-swept fishtail knot will certainly give you a princess-type appearance. Think of the very ethereal and royal Elsa from Frozen. As versatile it is, it accentuates any outfit effortlessly!
- Mathapatti- Nothing screams royalty and ethnic sophistication like a gorgeous mathapatti does. You can place it on top of a half up half down hairdo or perhaps on a gorgeous undo for a regal flavour. You can also pair it with loose, flowy waves.
Hairstyle Ideas for Sangeet Or Mehendi Function
Mehendi or sangeet function scream fun and bubbliness. On these days, the bride to be gets henna applied on her hands, arms and legs and has a lot of fun with her friends and cousins. The hairstyle of the mehendi or the sangeet function should be fun and breezy. The hair should be kept off the face so that you don't ruin your pretty mehendi.
- Reception usually marks the last of the wedding functions and the culmination of the grand affair called the “big fat Indian wedding”. We see more and more brides today opting for non-Indian looks such as Indo-western or a western gown for the reception. The hairdo must compliment the outfit and the makeup and hence, it should be selected after the outfit, jewellery and accessories have been chosen.
- Side Swept Curls are super simple and elegant. They look good with western outfits but can be combined with Indian outfits as well.
- Side Swept Loose Plait is a simple braid with some loose bangs and maybe embellished with some flowers for a wonderfully effortless look.
- Vintage Beehive Bun goes with every outfit and looks very regal and vintage. This look channels a neatly rolled bun held at the back for a flawless look.
Hairstyle Ideas for Wedding Reception
Things That You Should Do Get Perfect Hairstyle
Weddings last a lifetime and memories get stored in albums full of photos and videos. To look your best, everything right from the ensemble to the makeup, from the accessories to the perfect hairdo must be on point. Mentioned below are some expert hacks to prepare you for perfect look.
- Be prepared for your wedding day well in advance. Maintain your hair regularly so that it is in its best shape on the wedding day and the other functions associated with it. Trim your mane regularly for smooth tips. Avoid too much heat and keep it nourished by applying hair masks and getting hair spa done regularly. If you have to use heat, make use you apply a heat protectant spray or serum on your luscious locks beforehand.
- Do not experiment with new looks just weeks prior to the wedding. These can include drastic color changes and strong highlights. Think ahead about the lifetime memories that you are about to make. The hair color should reflect your personality and met importantly should look good. If you are very tempted to revamp your hair, do yourself a favour and wait till the wedding is over.
- Follow a great hair care regimen in the days that lead up to your wedding day. Use good quality products and always moisturise your hair to prevent dryness and frizz. Consult your hairdresser for top notch recommendations on which products to use and which ones to avoid.
- Avoid washing your hair on the wedding day as the hairstylist would not be able to do their job properly if you do so. Wash and preferably blow dry your hair a night before for best results. This helps your hair in showing off its best texture the morning after so that it simply looks gorgeous on the special day.
Getting Your Hair Ready On the Wedding Day
The wedding day can get nerve-racking and overwhelming. To beat the last minute stress here we present to you some hacks for getting picture perfect ready on the grand day!
- Play some nice music in the background while getting ready to avoid being over stressed and distract yourself from all the butterflies and nervousness.
- Make necessary arrangements for the makeup artist and hairstylist beforehand. These include a table for them to set up the vanity, a lightweight chair, water for them to drink and a bowl of water to wet the brushes and beauty blending sponges.
- Count the total number of accessories you are planning to wear on the wedding day as a lot of brides tend to forget the smallest thing so having a count is always beneficial so that you don't forget anything.
- Keep the room in which you are getting your makeup and hair done absolutely clutter free and ask very few people to be present there. A lot of people or things will divert the attention of the makeup artists and hairstylists and just hamper their concentration levels.
- Do not rush the process. Bridal makeup and hair can take a lot of time. so to be on the safe side, start right on time or even an hour early so that you don't continuously have to worry about the time again and again.
Most makeup artists have a hairstylist in their team. You can also have a hairstyle trial done along with the makeup trial because a hairdo is as important as the outfit or the makeup. Make sure you check the hair portfolio of your makeup artist so that you are reassured that they ace in both these departments. Note that hairstyles are not necessarily a part of the package that the makeup artists offer. You should discuss the same while hiring the makeup artist.