Mansap Decor Ideas And Photos
Pheras are one of the most significant ceremonies if any Indian wedding. It is a focal point of the weddings these days. There are a plenty of themes and ideas to get the mandap décor of your choice and style. Do not want a vibrant mandap? Get some flowers and pastel soft shaded drapes and you have your pretty mandap read! You can also use contrasting colors of the drapes like blue and pink to make your mandap more noticeable and pretty! Browse through 100+ mandap décor photos to get the best ideas for your wedding!
Filter photos by
25 Ideas & Photos Found
Mandap Decorated Beautifully With Marigold Flowers In Yellow And OrangeBy Gautam Khullar
Mandap Decor With A Red Theme For The Tent And SeatingBy Gautam Khullar
White Floral Danglers For An Aesthetic Mandap DecorBy Navdeep Soni
White Floral Outdoor Mandap WeddingBy Sephi Bergerson
Majestic Mandap With Huge Red Flower Rooftop And Red CanopyBy Navdeep Soni
Floral Wedding Madap DecorationBy Kabeer Grover
Floral Ceil Mandap DecorBy Movie'ing Moments
Grand Jaimala CeremonyBy Sagar Thackar
Mandap With Red And Yellow Curtains And Flower DecorBy Mridul Singhal
Indoor Wedding Mandap Hall With Wooden Flooring And Flower DecorationsBy Wedding Minnen
Aesthetic White Floral Decor For Mandap With Red And White Curtains On the PillarsBy Navdeep Soni
A Majestic Grandeur Wedding Decor With White And Red Flower GarlandsBy Navdeep Soni
White Floral Mandap DecorationBy Navdeep Soni
Wise Combination Of Bright Colors For A Day Setup Of MandapBy Navdeep Soni
Fera Shot On Wedding DayBy Gitesh Dhawan
Wedding Portrait Of The Beautiful CoupleBy Vithal Chavda
Magnificent Floral Mandap DecorBy Virendra Kumar
Red And White Mandap Decorations With FlowersBy The Kreator
Bride And Groom On Jaimala StageBy Sagar Thackar
Mandap With Decorative Matkas And Flowery DecorBy Mridul Singhal
Mandap With White And Red Floral WorkBy Nirmala Akkiraju
Mandap With Floral WorkBy Nandita Mitra
Wedding VenueBy Dilip
Wedding VenueBy Confetti films
Find the top vendors in your locality
Wedding Mandap Decoration
Mandap is considered as one of the most important ceremony of Indian wedding. Mandap is simply a four-pillar structure with a canopy on the top and it forma a sacred place for performing all the ceremonies that would complete the Indian wedding. Indians believe in age old rituals and traditions during their wedding. Indian weddings are a very meticulous process with lots of significance and emotions in each ritual that take place during the wedding ceremony. Traditionally a mandap is designed using four pillars made of bamboo or sugarcane or even young banana stems. Organizing a wedding is a time-consuming event, hence parents of both the bride and groom leave no stone unturned in organizing a very prosperous wedding for their child.
Indian weddings mainly thrive on the rituals being held on mandap, hence mandap has always been a space which has to be taken care of as the priest conducts all the ceremony of the wedding there. Mandap is indeed a very special place as it is the center of attraction for all, because all the important people will be seated on mandap to witness the scared matrimony. Very often mandap decorations are taken care of either by professionals or those who are involved in wedding decorators as these are the people who knows the tricks of making the mandap look nice and pretty. They just need a little bit of guidance about where and what all will be kept on the mandap and then these decorators will go ahead and start drafting a plan that will give a beautiful look to this holy place.
Indian weddings also specialize in decorating the venue with flowers to give a welcome look to all the ceremony which will take place during the wedding process. Being a couple who is moving around the city for searching for some of the best decorators for their wedding ceremony can turn out to be a tiring stuff. Hence the best idea would be to look for the people who are professional in this game and they know what has to be done. Indian weddings are mostly conducted in marriage halls but nowadays people believe in destination weddings as well. Whatever be the type of wedding mandap decoration always forms an important part of it.
As mandap is one of the most important ceremony of Indian wedding so it is respected and treated with lots of care while decorating it. It is a place where home kuntam and the idols of God as well as the chairs for bride and the groom would be placed. Mandap decoration is not a very difficult task if people bear few things in their mind at the time of decoration. Some of those points are discussed below:
- One of the most important thing which the decorators need to take care of while mandap decoration is the tradition that needs to be followed for setting up the mandap.
- After taking care of the traditions one need to decide upon the theme. There may be people who would want to go for a complete traditional look whereas there maybe others who would want to keep it a minimum.
- Flowers also form an important part of mandap decoration hence select flower as per your choice. Select the process in which way you would want the flowers to be draped in and around the mandap. Also, one could make a pathway to mandap with flowers.
- Selecting the right material for draping the mandap also forms one of the most important part of mandap decoration. One can go with selecting satin material for draping as satin gives a rich look.
- Choosing the right backdrop also forms an important part of mandap decoration as backdrops can either make or break the complete look of the mandap. Backdrop should always compliment mandap decorations.
- Once the backdrops have been taken care of, decorators need to be careful about the top of the mandap as that gives a complete and finished look to the mandap.
- There are times when the decorators prefer backdrops based on some lamps and lights and this concept gives a very ethnic look to the mandap so one can follow this idea as well to decorate the mandap.
- One can also ensure that the curtains and the drapes goes with the clothes of groom and the bride. Colors of all these stuffs should be co-ordinated to give a professional look, even the color co-ordination of bouquets and garlands of the bride and the groom add a beautiful look to the mandap decoration.
Significance of Mandap in Indian Wedding:
There are rarely any rituals in Hindu Vedic customs that comes without any meaning. Even these mandap décor and designs have lot of significance and are rich in their meanings. Some of the symbolic meaning of mandap are as follows:
- The four pillars of mandap signifies the four stages of life of a human as mentioned in the Hindu Vedas. These four pillars even symbolize the four aspects of a human life i.e. Dharma, Kama, Artha, Moksha. There are other interpretations also regarding these four pillars of mandap, some say that these four pillars signify the parents of the bride and the groom and it also represents the walls of the home where the newly wedded couples will make a new start of their life.
- There are some who also have a belief that mandap forms an universe under whom the newly married bride and the groom will spend their entire married life. The four corners of the mandap are stacked with pots which symbolizes the four elements i.e. Earth, Air, Water and Fire. The fifth element i.e. the space is represented by canopy.
- Colours like gold and red are used in decoration of mandap as it forms a part of Hindu traditional wedding. The mandap is normally decked in colors which forms the prosperity of groom and the bride.
Hence we see that there are very significant meanings of every rituals and objects used while decorating the mandap.