Wedding Decor - Photos and Ideas by UrbanClap Professionals
In an attempt to bring your wedding day vision to life, we at UrbanClap, provide you with a platform wherein you can browse awe inspiring wedding decor ideas for all wedding functions! To make that Sangeet event decor a highlight or to get the best Mandap decor, hire UrbanClap professionals to create a memorable event. And you can just focus on enjoying the big day and leave the rest on the shoulders of trusted UrbanClap professionals.
Filter photos by
306 Ideas & Photos Found
Vivid Umbrellas With Rajasthani Circular Motifs Mounted On Wooden SwingBy Gautam Khullar
Antique Moroccan Hanging Lamps Floral Photo Booth FrameBy Gautam Khullar
Quirky Photobooth Decor Using Props Like Frames And ScootyBy Navdeep Soni
Quirky Bride And Groom Wear For MehendiBy Kabeer Grover
Royal Bride-Groom Photoshoot With Exotic DecorBy Kabeer Grover
Bridal Snap With White Elegant Pillar DecorBy Kabeer Grover
Hanging Bird Cages For A Pleasing Decor On Engagement DayBy Gautam Khullar
Whimsical Grandeur Ingress Of Sumptuous Christian BridegroomBy Terence Savio Pimenta
Giant Artificial Flowers Mounted On Wooden PanelsBy Terence Savio Pimenta
A Splendid Vintage Car Decor With Multi-Colored Flower DecorationBy Navdeep Soni
White Floral Danglers For An Aesthetic Mandap DecorBy Navdeep Soni
White Stage With Floral DecorBy Amit Tiwari
Red Yellow Wedding Day DecorBy Abhishek Wadhwa
Wedding Floral Decor And EntranceBy Jatin
Floral Photo-booth Wedding DecorBy Jatin
White Seating And Stage Decor For Wedding DayBy Jatin
Bride And Groom Photography With Pillared Lamps Wedding DecorBy Kabeer Grover
Floral Wedding Decor With Yellow Backdrop StageBy Ready Solutions
White Floral Outdoor Mandap WeddingBy Sephi Bergerson
Outdoor White Wedding VowsBy Sephi Bergerson
Elegant Bridal Portrait with Perfect Floral FrameBy Kabeer Grover
Bride and Groom Taking Pheras in Pink Themed DecorBy Sajal Kapoor
Aesthetically Pleasing Floral UmbrellaBy Gautam Khullar
Vivid Punjabi Themed Truck Photo BoothBy Gautam Khullar
Find the top vendors in your locality
Read practical and trendy advice from wedding experts, couples, and top professionals
Sabyasachi's New Spring Summer Collection: 7 Trends That Will Rule 2018!
24 Feb, 2018
6 Best Websites To Rent Wedding Outfits in India
23 Feb, 2018
Step-By-Step Guide On How To Blend Eye Shadows Perfectly
22 Feb, 2018
33 Best Wedding Outfits from Lakme Fashion Week Summer Resort 2018
19 Feb, 2018
10 Easy Nail Art Ideas For Valentine's Day
14 Feb, 2018
14 Feb, 2018
9 Basic Makeup Tips and Tricks Every Beginner Should Know
10 Feb, 2018
14 Best Matha Patti Designs That Real Brides Wore!
7 Feb, 2018
A Wedding Planner's Gorgeous Goa Wedding (With *SO Many* Ideas To Steal!)
7 Feb, 2018
10 Unique Pre-Wedding Shoot Ideas
1 Feb, 2018
Wedding Decor Ideas
A typical Indian wedding is a grand affairs with many rituals and functions that take place both before the wedding. Each function demands distinct attention to detail, be it in regard to the venue, the decor, the ensemble of the happy couple, bridal jewellery, the photographer, catering etc. Decoration of the wedding venue is probably one of the most important task to create the grand look and feel of the wedding.
Before You Start With The Wedding Decor Preparations
The wedding venue decor reflects your vision and unique tastes. A lot of consideration and thought is usually put into planning the perfect decor so that nothing goes wrong on the big day. Given below are some pointers that you can look at before you get started with planning your perfect wedding
- Think of an overall theme and color that you would want to replicate across all the decoration elements
- Make a checklist of all that is needed to be taken care of such as the stage, mandap, entrance gate, lobby, etc.
- Take note of all the features in the checklist and check them off one at a time thinking of ways of execution
- Do not move on to the next item in the checklist before getting done with the previous one
- Chart out a proper budget plan that suits you and seems appropriate to you for different functions
Also, decide on a budget beforehand. Things tend to get out of hand when weddings are in the pictures, since they are once in a lifetime event. A pre decided budget will keep the expenditures in check. You will be able to optimise your resources if you have a fair idea of how much to invest on which function.
Hottest Color Ideas For Wedding Decoration
Weddings these days have a central color scheme attached to them. Every color has its own significance and all the other decorations are centred around the main theme color. Having a central color theme will surely give a chic look to your wedding event
- Red and gold are top favorites primarily for Hindu Weddings. When combined, they give offa very ethnic and traditional look
- Pink and lavender is another combination that gives a very soft look to the whole decor, beautifying the whole venue up
- Many people are decorating their wedding venues with shades of royal blue and green for a very elegant and luxurious look
- For an outdoor wedding, you can think of green with brown. This combination is no doubt a little offbeat but if done well, will look amazing
- Orange and fuchsia is for the ones who are quirky enough to take chances and bold decisions
- If the wedding is in the monsoon, you can go for an all green decor or for spring, your color scheme choice can be circled around the color orange and its various shades
- Purple and white is again a very graceful and sophisticated color option. Go for it if you want your venue to do the talking for you
Decorating Ideas For Wedding Stage
The wedding stage forms the centrepiece and focal point of the wedding. This is where bride and groom sit and greet the guests. It is usually the most elaborately and beautifully decorated part of the venue. Having a jaw-drop backdrop and decorative seats for the couple, it shouts attention. It is the area fully hoarded by photographers, hence choosing a good decor for the stage becomes even more important. Here are some ideas you should keep in mind:
- Ensure that the stage blends with the overall decor and colour scheme.
- Long flowing drapes that have lights intersperses in them look great in the pictures.
- Densely packed strings of flowers can be also be a great idea.
- Do consider how the attires of the bride and groom look against the backdrop of the decorated stage.
- Don’t go too overboard with the seating of the bride and groom. Put more emphasis on the backdrop, which is visible to larger audiences from a distance. A swing may also be used if you want to do something unique and creative.
Decoration Ideas For Wedding Mandap
Mandap is one of the most essential part of a wedding. This is where the main rituals and customs of a wedding (such as Jaimala and Pheras) are taken place. Here are few things that should be kept in mind when selecting the mandap:
- Think of an overall layout first, that can properly seat all the people in the ceremony including the bride, the groom, the pandit and the couple’s parents. Needless to say that the bride and groom need to be emphasized in the whole setup!
- It usually has an overhead canopy supported on four pillars. Though the fabric for the canopy can played around with (silk, satin, or chiffon) - do ensure that there is enough distance between the fire and the canopy. Safety first!
- A canopy made entirely of a flower net (preferably out of garlands) looks refreshing and beautiful for day weddings. You can’t go with Marigold, Jasmine, Tuberose. Decorate the pillars with the same set of flowers to add the zing!
- To further enhance the mandap decor - you can accessorise it using diyas, candles and crystal or mirror embellishments.
Decoration Ideas For Lights At The Wedding Venue
Lighting is a very crucial decor element that is often neglected. Especially with night weddings, doing a good job with the lighting can add that wow factor to the wedding decor. You can make the smallest spaces appear bigger and more opulent. Some ideas that can be used are:
- Usage of chandeliers to add that vintage touch of grandeur.
- You can use uplighting in areas where you want more opulence.
- Spotlights can be used if you want the guests to divert their attention towards the stage.
- To accentuate the colour theme of the venue further, you can use coloured light but do it with great caution. You can go wrong with this if not done correctly. You don’t want to look a shade blue in each picture!
- If you have an outdoor wedding, you can use multiple strings of small lights and drape them around the branches of the tree and along the canopy.
- At the entrance, you can hang rows of these light strings to form a gorgeous backdrop.
- Candles on the dinner tables is an evergreen idea and can give a romantic touch to the whole setting. If you want something traditional, you go for diyas instead.