Bridal Makeup - Photos and Ideas by UrbanClap Professionals
Adding gleam to the beauty of the bride, bridal makeup plays an important role in enhancing the look of the bride. After all, a winged liner gone wrong can easily spoil the whole look and mood of the bride! We at UrbanClap, provide you with a platform wherein you can browse 1,000+ bridal makeup photos and ideas, you can either go for a HD bridal makeup or rock your wedding day with a bold bridal makeup! The UrbanClap professionals strive hard to make sure that the star of the evening looks her best in the bridal makeup.\
Filter photos by
Style of Makeup
4,427 Ideas & Photos Found
Light And Simple Bridal Makeup And A Golden Maang TikaBy Gautam Khullar
Shimmery Smokey Eye Bridal MAkeupBy Gautam Khullar
Candid Shot Of The Bride Before Her WeddingBy Gautam Khullar
Smokey Eye Makeup With Nude Lips Shade For A Stunning Look For Pre Wedding ShootBy Gautam Khullar
Bold Bridal Makeup With Soft Tones Pink And Majestic Matha Patti With Pearl HangingsBy Gautam Khullar
Majestic Headgear With Circular Mang Tikka In Center Going Well With The Bold MakeupBy Gautam Khullar
Sumptuous Mughal Jewellery With Heavy Stone Work And Elaborated EnamellingBy Patel Pritiben
Gold Kundan Bridal Set With Light and Natural Make UpBy Patel Pritiben
Perfect Combination Of Red Lehenga And Polki-Kundan SetBy Anoop Mahajan
Bridal Mangtikka,Necklace And Earings Entwined With Pink RosesBy Kabeer Grover
Rajasthani Heavily Embellished Bridal JewelleryBy Kabeer Grover
Highlighted Makeup And Diamond Jewellery Of Bride And BridesmaidBy Kabeer Grover
Gold And Gemstone Jewellery With Maroon LehengaBy Kabeer Grover
Ravishing Bride In Golden Polki Kundan JewelleryBy Akshat Mongia
Bright Highlighted Makeup And Accessories IdeasBy Kabeer Grover
Bride Wearing Fine Crafted Bridal JewelleryBy Kabeer Grover
Kundan Bridal Accessories With Green Pearls Goes Best For The Wedding DayBy Kabeer Grover
Ostentatious Kundan Accessories Complimenting Pink Attire Of BrideBy Kabeer Grover
Bright Highlighted Bridal Makeup With Heavy Kundan AccessoriesBy Kabeer Grover
Soft Makeup On Cheeks With Bright LipsBy Kabeer Grover
Twisted Bridal Bun With Front Fringes Goes Well With Smoky EyesBy Bosco Naveen
The Dream LookBy Harleen Kaur
Coeval bridal makeoverBy Karishma Trehan
Bride Wearing Choker Necklace With Traditional Gold Matha Patti For Wedding DayBy Hitesh suneja
Find the top vendors in your locality
Apart from the outfit, jewellery, accessories, a gorgeous hairdo, the makeup of the bride is a very vital ingredient for a beautiful bridal look. The memories of your wedding day will stay for a lifetime, captured in photo albums and videos. So for that, you need to make sure that you look breathtaking so that you can cherish those beautiful moments forever. Professionally done makeup ensures that you look your best by accentuating your most beautiful features and covering up your imperfections and blemishes. Before finalising the type of makeup you want for your wedding, keep in mind that it has to, in any case, compliment your style, your attire and your complexion. Just because a makeup look is in a fashion magazine, it does not mean that you should go ahead with it.
Different Types Of Bridal Makeup
- Regular or traditional bridal makeup utilises basic essential products like foundation, mascara using brushes and sponges that are used to blend the makeup on to the skin. One of the advantages of traditional bridal makeup is that it is very cost effective and easy to execute. However, it can look a bit over the top and cakey if not done by a good quality makeup artist. The foundation used here is thicker in consistency as compared to other types of makeup and sometimes cakes up with as time goes by. Traditional bridal makeup is also not waterproof and can rub off on the clothing of the bride.
- Airbrush Makeup is natural looking makeup type in which the skin can breathe and look its absolute best. Specialised tools like an airbrush gun, air compressor, and a special silicone or water based airbrush foundation are used in this technique. This foundation is very light and thin which results in overall lighter experience that looks dashing. When done properly, airbrush makeup can even out blemishes and imperfections on the skin so that you look no less than a fairy. It does not look cakey and stays on longer than regular makeup. It is also waterproof and gives off a beautiful matte look. In the end, even here, it all depends on the makeup artist handling the job.
- HD Makeup makes use of HD products such as light reflectors and other similar ingredients for an overall natural and flawless look. It gets its name from the fact that it looks amazing with HD photos and videos - even with close-up shots. It gives off a soft focus to the face and makes it look dazzling.
Cost Of A Bridal Makeup
The final price of the bridal makeup depends upon:
- Style of the makeup you choose
- Products that are used in the makeup
- Experience and skills of the makeup artist
As a sample, below are the representative prices for wedding makeup in Delhi NCR
- Rs8,000 to Rs12,000 for Regular bridal makeup
- Rs12,000 to Rs18,000 for Airbrush or HD bridal makeup
- Rs20,000 to Rs30,000 for airbrush or HD bridal makeup by experienced, high quality professionals
Selecting The Perfect Bridal Makeup Artist
- Early Bird Catches The Worm: Always start off early with the process so that you have enough time at hand to review various makeup artists and have a look at their works. This should ideally start 8 months prior to the wedding.
- Take Reviews Into Account: Always consider past reviews of the makeup artists even if you decide to hire them locally. Based on the reviews, you can shortlist the good artists and can even schedule trials with them. UrbanClap provides a streamlined review window for you to gauge different profiles of makeup artists. This can offer valuable information about an artist or salon’s punctuality, technical skills, qualifications, and quality of work.
- Schedule A Trial: This test is run before sealing the deal. Makeup artists, especially bridal makeup artists are more than happy to schedule trials for their prospective clients. in this trial you can bring the photos of your favourite looks and can talk candidly to the artist about your likes and dislikes. Keep in mind that these trials are usually charged additionally. Also, try to schedule the trial well in advance to prevent last minute panic. The trial is generally scheduled 3 months prior to the wedding or as soon as the outfit has been decided. Makeup must compliment the wedding outfit and hence it is very important to have selected the outfit prior to taking the trial.
- Brands Of Makeup Used And Hairstyles: In the trial, you also become clearer on which brands suit your skin and actually look good. If you have certain skin conditions, you can use brands which are recommended by your dermatologist for best results. Most makeup artists have a hairstylist in their team. You can also have a hairstyle trial done along with the makeup trial because a hairdo is as important as the outfit or the makeup. Make sure you check the hair portfolio of your makeup artist so that you are reassured that they ace in both these departments.
One of the very important functions, the engagement provides a chance to the bride to look glam with a graceful touch. You can go all bling-bling with great facial contouring or opt for a more simple and natural look. The simple look diverts too much attention from your face and highlights your outfit or jewellery. Dramatic eyes are very much in vogue this wedding season and you can channel your inner diva by opting for accentuated eyes. This look compliments any occasion and outfit and never goes out of style, if done tastefully. Some brides also opt for a glossy makeup because the engagement is just as lavish and exuberant as the main wedding day.
Bridal Makeup Ideas for Sangeet Ceremony
The bride to be can go for a bolder look with accentuated eyes, but not too much. They can also opt for a natural, nude makeup with a bright crimson lipstick for a gorgeous look that doesn't look too over the top.
Mehendi function succeeds the Sangeet. For a low key wedding, the function demands a very simple look with minimal makeup. Since turmeric is going to be put on your face anyway, go for little to no makeup. You can focus on a cute yet comfortable outfit for this function.
The most important function of the lot, depending on your taste, style and budget, you can go for different makeup techniques like traditional makeup, HD makeup or even Airbrush makeup so that you look ravishing on your special day!
Do’s and Don’ts’ of Bridal Makeup
- Play some nice music in the background while getting ready to avoid being over stressed and distract yourself from all the butterflies and nervousness.
- Make necessary arrangements for the makeup artist beforehand. These include a table for them to set up the vanity, a lightweight chair, water for them to drink and a bowl of water to wet the brushes and beauty blending sponges.
- Count the total number of accessories you are planning to wear on the wedding day as a lot of brides tend to forget the smallest thing so having a count is always beneficial so that you don't forget anything.
- Do not get your makeup done with overhead fluorescent lighting. It can give a flawed image.
- Keep the room in which you are getting your makeup done absolutely clutter free and ask very few people to be present there. A lot of people or things will divert the attention of the makeup artists and hamper their concentration levels.
- Do not rush the makeup process. Bridal makeup can take a lot of time. So, to be on the safe side, start right on time or even an hour early so that you don't continuously have to worry about the time again and again.