Outdoor & Open Home Spaces Design & Decoration
Who doesn't like to chill and relax at balcony in a beautiful weather? While we spend most of our time indoors, we can't deny that outdoor spaces are the place where we want to unwind ourself after a hectic day! We at UrbanClap provide you with a platform wherein you can browse through 1,000+ outdoor and open home spaces design and decoration ideas! To compliment the beautiful interiors of your place, choose among various outdoor spaces designs, be it balcony designs, terrace designs or roof designs!
Filter photos by
Types of Open Space
333 Ideas & Photos Found
Open space with beige sofa and wooden flooringBy Vatsal Hadvani
Outside Space with Wall Garden and glass Top Table with ChairsBy Monnaie Architects
Garden Area with Car Parking SpaceBy Monnaie Architects
White Centre Table with Rusty Touch and CandlesBy Dhaval Patel
Roof Top Decor And with Ample of House Plants and Colorful DecorsBy Dhaval Patel
Cornflower Blue L-Shape Couch And Wooden Deck On Elegant TerraceBy Dhaval Patel
Grey Couch with Colorful Cushions and Synthetic Turf on FloorBy Dhaval Patel
Grey Shaded Balcony With Round ChairsBy Live Fabulous
Fairy Lights, Lamps And Lounge Chair In A Contemporary BalconyBy Live Fabulous
Vintage Balcony With Traditional Wooden Chairs And Blue RugBy Live Fabulous
Customized Balcony With Fairy lights And VinesBy Live Fabulous
Balcony With Patio Chairs And Red Flower BlocksBy Lalit Parab
Outdoor Sitting Space with Brown Chairs and Glass Top TableBy Monnaie Architects
Swimming Pool With Lounge Chairs And TableBy Rohit Mangal Singla
Boat Shaped Sofa With Wooden Polished FlooringBy Rohit Mangal Singla
Open Spaces With Wooden Work Table And ChairsBy Rohit Mangal Singla
Marble Top Table with Brown Chairs and Wooden FlooringBy Rohit Mangal Singla
Lavish Swimming Pool Area With Wooden FlooringBy Rohit Mangal Singla
Blue Wooden Cabinet with Hanging PlantsBy Viraf Laskari
Open terrace with Wooden Deck and FountainBy Dhaval Patel
Sky Blue L Shaped Sofa with Colorful Sofas and Wall PlantsBy Dhaval Patel
Well-Lit Terrace Space With White Canopy Structure and Hut-Shaped AreaBy Manoj Rai
Spacious Terrace Space With White Canopy Structure and White BenchBy Manoj Rai
Wooden Furnished Terrace With Marble FloorBy Hoshedaar Eruch Carnac
Find the top vendors in your locality
Open Space Design And Ideas For Your Home
Everyone loves to invite friends and family for dinner but what if you could plan this dinner under the stars and too in the warmth of your own home? Isn’t the idea exciting? But how will you turn your simple backyard of your house to something exotic like a garden restaurant which will look smart, lovely and chic especially when you have very limited available open living space in the back of your house? For this you have to plan for maximizing the available space because with availability of limited space it becomes important to plan the space whether indoor space or outdoor space for your home. Here are some simple tips that can help you in transforming your outdoor space that is ready to welcome your friends and family for a warm night accompanied with lip – smacking dinner under the sky.
- Décor: Adding décor to the outdoor space is a difficult task as there is not a wall to define the space. So the décor to the outdoor space can be done in following manner:
- Grow vines of colorful flowers over a railing this will bring colours to your outdoor. A vine will also give protection against sun and rain.
- Add greenery by placing potted plants as they add a dimension to an outdoor space. Place plants in colorful pots in this manner you would be able to add colour to the space. You can also use items from your home like old toy truck or tricycle of your kid which is not used anymore as pots for plants this will give an artistic touch to your outdoor space.
- Adding a water feature like a fountain or a small pond to the outdoor space brings peaceful energy and makes your outdoor space look serene and calm.
- Lighting: Light arrangement is very important that will help to elevate the look and feel of your outdoor space to make it more lively and fresh. Here are few tips of light placement that will create a very chic outdoor space:
- If you have trees or have a beam in your outdoor space then hanging candle lanterns is the best option that will enhance the look and feel of your outdoor space. Also the candle lanterns will create enough light so that the guests can see their food and drinks.
- If you have created a water body in your outdoor space then it is recommended to place some light around it as it will help in avoiding the guest from falling into it. You can float candles in the water bodies and your outdoor space will just look like a fairy land.
- Seating Arrangement: Accommodating maximum guests is a task rather than carrying chairs from the house it is better to create a comfortable sitting arrangement that will adjust all your guests. You can build benches or create a bar – style seating arrangement and add a storage trunk to it which will act as a center table. The storage trunk can be stashed with cushions and throw pillows that can be used by guests to relax. It is recommended to use dark colored and waterproof fabrics to protect the furnishings from sun and rain.
- Dining: Here you can go rustic and find unique piece of dining table set for your outdoor space. Adding a grill station to the outdoor space is also a good idea.
- Space Division: Divide the outdoor space with the use of pavements or dividers as this will help to create distinction in space, allocate dedicated space to every activity and create a flow by joining all different outdoor spaces and the home. Design a proper structure of the outdoor space and differentiate the open space with the help of fence or plants etc this will help to define dedicated areas for different activities.
Today in search of jobs or money creation opportunities people are shifting in cities as cities give immense opportunity to grow and earn money. So with increasing number of migrants in cities it is no secret that the available space is decreasing plus with the cost of real estate increasing day – by - day it has become evident that more and more people prefer to live in apartments. But space management has always been an issue whether indoor space or outdoor space. For those who live in apartment availability of outdoor living space is an amenity the helps to attract more residents in the apartment and providing these amenities is a marketing strategy used by many developers. Following are few tips that will help in creating a useful outdoor space for people staying in apartments:
- In a society of apartments many families co-exist so it is recommended to select amenities that are will incorporate the interest of every age group for example a children play area that will have space for every age group, a meditation center for senior citizens, community center, party lawn and Pool, basket ball court and badminton court, gym etc are few outdoor activities that usually everyone loves to indulge into on daily basis. Thus select an apartment and the society that provides with amenities that fulfill your requirements.
- Plan the outdoor area properly as the idea is to create space for various activities out of a single area thus there should be a flow and sense to the structure which can function on its own.
- Work hard on creating an outdoor space that is creative and fun as this will attract people of every age group. Have something for everyone is the mantra for outdoor space management in case of apartments. As in apartments living space is limited so it is important to do an effective outdoor space management as it will give a frequent visiting spot for every resident to relax and enjoy themselves.
Thus in this manner it is very important to design and create fun and yet relaxing outdoor spaces as this will help in welcoming the idea of outdoor living which is very much trending and appreciated in the western countries.
Buy a Rubik's Cube puzzle, the best Christmas present for anyone in the family.