U-Shaped Kitchen Ideas and Photos for Modular Kitchen.
The u shaped kitchen layout is the go to option for every large household! At UrbanClap, we provide you with a platform wherein you can browse through 300+ u shaped modular kitchen design ideas and photos! Simply sit back and let the experts introduce you to the exclusive modular kitchen ideas!
Filter photos by
Modular Kitchen Layouts
Types of Modular Kitchens
Modular Kitchen Styles
Modular Kitchen Components
339 Ideas & Photos Found
U Shaped Modular Kitchen with White Glossy Cabinets and Black Counter TopBy Viraf Laskari
U shaped kitchen with modern cabinets and wall decorBy Prashant Mali
U shaped kitchen with modern cabinets and false ceilingBy Prashant Mali
U shaped kitchen with false ceiling and maroon cabinetsBy Reshma Rasheed
Beige Color Modular kitchen With Tiled Wall And CabinetsBy Nikita Bonaparte
U Shaped Kitchen with Yellow and Brown Cabinets and White Counter TopBy Madhu Gunisetti
U Shape Kitchen with Wooden Design and False CeilingBy Ramana Rao P V
U shaped Kitchen with marble flooring and false ceilingBy Regalias Interiors
U Shaped Modular Kitchen with Red and White Cabinets and Counter TopBy Manasa Bharadwaj
Silver themed U shaped enclosed Kitchen with white Wall Mounted Cabinets and B/W Base DrawersBy Paramveer
Modular Kitchen With Wooden CabinetsBy Furdo.com
Blue Shade Interior Kitchen With CabinetsBy Furdo.com
Blue And White Themed Modular Kitchen With Planetary String LightsBy Snigdha Ghosh
Creative idea for U shaped kitchenBy Mahadev K
U Shaped Kitchen With Woden CabinetsBy Ramana Rao P V
U Shaped Kitchen With Wooden Cabinets And Marble FlooringBy Ramana Rao P V
U Shaped Kitchen With Dark Walnut Wooden CabinetsBy Prashant Chauhan
Modular kitchenBy shivanibhokare
Contemporary kitchen spaceBy Ashish Singh
L Shaped Kitchen With Wood Cabinets And Marble FlooringBy nakul baghel
U Shaped Kitchen With CabinetsBy nakul baghel
Blooming FoodBy Vamsi Alluri
Colourful SpacingBy Vamsi Alluri
Ideation KeyBy Vamsi Alluri
Find the top vendors in your locality
U-Shaped Kitchen Design
A U-shaped kitchen design is a kitchen layout in which three walls that are lined with kitchen cabinets & appliances. It is considered to be an efficient modern kitchen design which frees up floor space. In case you have sufficient space then you can go for the U-shaped kitchen design in your house. However, it works well less space as well and is equally compatible with small and large spaces. The work counters of a U-shaped kitchen occupy three walls giving you plenty of space to work with. The U-shaped kitchen layouts make it easy to organize different kitchen appliances. In terms of usage, the U-shaped kitchen is an extremely user-friendly layout with clutter-free work tables which ensures a clear divide between cooking and serving areas.
Features of a U-Shaped Kitchen Design
- The U-shape kitchen design, as the name suggests, is a kitchen whose benches and features are laid out in a U-shape.
- Its u-shaped design makes it easy for chefs and homeowners to access various areas of the kitchen without needing to walk across the room.
- It features two parallel sides adjoined by a third wall at the end. The U-shaped kitchen layout is similar to that of a galley kitchen, but is wider, allowing for a third effective workspace at the end of the kitchen.
- Most of the U-shaped kitchen designs fit in a tall unit fixed at one end, ideally meant to store kitchen paraphernalia and monthly provisions for daily use.
- The bench at the base of the U is generally 3m to 5m wide, and the kitchen work triangle will feature either of the two parallel lengths of the kitchen or incorporate all three sides.
- It's closed off at one end to keep the traffic at bay while opening up at the other end (leg) to allow passage through to other rooms of the home.
- With a sequence of drawers & kitchen cabinets fitted along the three legs, U-shaped kitchen design offers huge storage area for utensils along with the tall unit seizing a great deal of attention.
- Like the one-wall and galley floor plans, a U-shaped layout is an efficient kitchen designed primarily for one cook.
- The U-shaped kitchen offers a well-organized working area and easily bifurcating the number of tasks in the kitchen which includes cooking, washing, and serving, along with an ample storage to house electrical appliances.
Benefits of U-shape Kitchen
- U-shaped kitchen plans are extremely versatile.
- U-shaped kitchen is suited for all types of kitchen spaces - small, medium, and large kitchens.
- The countertop and kitchen appliances are aligned to three walls which makes them potentially effective to usage
- U-shape kitchen does not allow traffic to disrupt work
- Since space is prudently utilized, it offers enough area for ample counter space
- Can be easily divided into different work zones
- The U-shaped kitchen is considered to be a user-friendly arrangement with clutter-free work areas and offers a clear divide between cooking and serving areas.
Disadvantages of a U-shaped Kitchen
- The U-shaped kitchens work well in large spaces especially when they have an island.
- At times accessing corner kitchen cabinets is difficult in a U-shaped kitchen designs
- Like the one-wall kitchen plans, the U-shaped layout is efficient for one primary cook.
- U-shaped kitchen of small size doesn't offer room for a kitchen table and chairs.
- Additional kitchen appliances such as dishwasher are difficult to adjust nearby the sink
Tips for U-Shape Kitchen Design
The U-shaped kitchen is a comparatively a basic layout and you need to vigilantly think about the space you're installing it in. You need to decide whether it meets your needs in terms of cooking & Storage. Factors such as how wide the 'U' is and what all appliances you want to keep in the kitchen are important factors. , for example, a narrower U with lesser space between the main legs of the kitchen will be more practical for cooking whereas a wider U will be less practical for cooking but will allow you to fit in around a dining or living area.
There are few basics to be kept in mind while planning for U-Shaped kitchen for your house.
- You can keep a passage through to the dining room on one of the "legs" of the U.
- Another viable option for better space utilization is keeping one side as a peninsula and eliminating the wall and upper kitchen cabinets. This would allow space for eating, homework or other kitchen activities.
- While planning for a u-shaped kitchen, you try to place the most used appliances or work areas in a single triangle of space. This will allow you to work more efficiently each time you are in the kitchen.
- You can for a U-shaped kitchen designs with overhead kitchen cabinets covered with frosted glass to display artistic crockery. This would give your kitchen a whole new look and aesthetic feel.
- You can keep a series of kitchen cabinets & drawers in alignment along the three legs which could proffer sufficient storage area for utensils and kitchen appliances.
- You can move the refrigerator out of the U-shape kitchen design altogether into any other adjoining area so that it can maximize the available cooking space.
- In case the bottom kitchen cabinets are difficult to access in a narrow kitchen, carefully place dishwashers, drawers & stoves so that you're not constantly restricted by your need for access.
Where to Find Ideas for Modern Kitchen
At UrbanClap, we have a dedicated team of Kitchen designing professionals such as Interior Designers, Architects, Contractors & Wall Painters, who can assist you to have a perfect solution for your queries about U-Shape Kitchen design. All you need to do is logon to our UrbanClap Home linkc and browse through a large collection of kitchen designs photos and then decide on the perfect U-Shaped Kitchen Design.