L-Shaped Modular Kitchen Ideas
L shaped kitchens are one of the most popular kitchen layout options. Lots of storage being one of the major driving factors for people to opt for L-shaped kitchens. It has 2 countertops with one side shorter than the other hence it is most suitable for kitchens with limited space. It provides with an easy and an organized kitchen layout giving two work zones within one kitchen. Browse through 1000+ L shaped modular kitchens layouts here to get your style of L Shaped Kitchen.
Filter photos by
Modular Kitchen Layouts
Types of Modular Kitchens
Modular Kitchen Styles
Modular Kitchen Components
1,168 Ideas & Photos Found
Green And White Shaded Modular L Shaped KitchenBy Monnaie Architects
Mesmeric BeautyBy Interior Designer
Contemporary KitchenBy IntraDecor
Contemporary design kitchenBy Elegant Interieurs
Modular KitchenBy Aastha Wadhwa Design Studio
L shape kitchen with marble flooring and white cabinetsBy Richa Jindal
L shape sofa with marble flooring and cabinetsBy Richa Jindal
L Shaped Modular Kitchen with White and Brown Cabinets and Marble FlooringBy Monnaie Architects
L-Shaped Kitchen With Modular CabinetsBy Furdo.com
White Themed Modular Kitchen with L Shaped Counter and Yellow WallsBy Shyama Viswanathan
White Modular Kitchen with L Shaped CounterBy Shyama Viswanathan
Commodious Modular Kitchen with L Shaped CounterBy Jayant Arwat
Compact Modular Kitchen With L shaped Kitchen CounterBy Nishant Nitin Kokane
Brown L Shaped Kitchen And Maroon CabinetsBy Mridul Jain
Impressive Well Furnished Kitchen CabinetsBy Khyaati Verma
Modular L-Shape kitchen With Red Color CabinetsBy Nikita Bonaparte
L Shaped Modular KitchenBy narayan moorthy
Red And White Themed Modular Kitchen with Black MarblesBy Snigdha Ghosh
Black And White Themed Modular KitchenBy Snigdha Ghosh
Red And White Themed Modular KitchenBy VJP. DECORS
White Themed Modular Kitchen With Wooden WorkBy VJP. DECORS
Rustic Style KitchenBy Taher Lakdawala
Woody TouchBy Sarath Sasi P
L Shaped Modular Kitchen With Wooden CabinetsBy nakul baghel
Find the top vendors in your locality
L-Shaped Kitchen Kitchen Design Ideas
The L-shaped kitchen design is one of the most in style layout especially in the kitchen with small spaces. The L-shaped kitchen designs make efficient use of comparatively small spaces. The L-Shaped kitchen designs fits into a corner creating a workspace which can be utilized otherwise. In a country like India, where most of the middle-class family have constraints of space in their Urban dwelling, the L-shape kitchen is considered to be the ideal solution as it concentrates all the storage & appliances into two sides of the room, making the overall space looks bigger.
The L-shape layout is an age-old concept; however, the ergonomics of this layout makes it a practical & sensible choice till today in the modern home kitchen. The key feature of L-Shaped kitchen design is that it features an efficient work triangle to the preparation, cooking areas & cleanup areas. The L-shape kitchen design is most commonly used in the smaller kitchens which cannot incorporate G-shape or an island in the kitchen.
Features of an L-Shaped Kitchen Design
The L-Shape kitchen design refers to the floor plan layout where a corner of large space is utilized and the fitting is done on two corner walls. The L-Shaped kitchen is not difficult to match to any decor and does not constitute any additional restrictions.
Easy to Plan
To execute a proper L-shaped kitchen design, the layout has to be built a corner where two walls can form a perpendicular angle and the length of one wall is twice the other. An L-shaped kitchen layout creates a highly resourceful work area where the sink, stove & refrigerator would create a triangle. This would make easy for you to enjoy cooking with minimal movement. Even for a bigger kitchen, the L-shape layout ending with a central island provides an informal dining space for the family
Great Working Triangle
The very basics of a great kitchen layout revolve around the Idea of a working triangle. Concept of working triangle ensures seamless movement between sink, stove, and refrigerator. The L-shaped kitchen design has a great occurrence of a working triangle. The two different sections of wall are sorted for different activities and make cooking a pleasant experience. The most important feature of easy cooking is the availability of foot space in the kitchen.
Since the L-shaped kitchens are placed into corners, they have two open ends which allow multiple entries and exits. This ensures free movement in the kitchen space. Indian Homes with lesser space can benefit from the L-shaped kitchen design as less traffic in kitchen jams would mean more room space for cooking and other activities.
Open area concept
Open area living room is the latest trend of modern and spacious homes and the L-Shaped kitchen design is a perfect layout for those who want an open plan space for their kitchen and living room area.
The l-shaped kitchen can be designed for both large and small homes and comes in all sizes. An L-shaped kitchen design uses only two walls which imply they naturally open up space. This is a perfect solution in case you want the kitchen to open into another room, maybe your dining room or the living room. Depending on the length of L in the layout you can even plan for additional kitchen furniture which can make your meal time a relaxed & easy experience.
Advantages of an L-Shape Kitchen Design
L-shaped kitchen design advantages
- It is a great concept for the utilization of for the space in the corner
- Highly Efficient for typical Indian small & medium sized kitchen spaces
- The Benchtops and cabinets could be built to the length of L from both sides, keeping one side open.
- There is minimal traffic in the living and kitchen area which allows a great cooking experience.
- An easy and simple working triangle which ensures seamless movement between sink, stove, and refrigerator.
- Perfect concept for an open plan layouts and offers additional space for the living and dining area
- The kitchen area can be easily divided into smaller workspaces and the appliances can be kept aligned to the usage.
- The corners space are utilized efficiently and the access to cabinets and drawers is smooth.
Disadvantages of an L-Shaped Kitchen Design
- While the L-Shape kitchen Design poses some of the great features for the small and middle-sized kitchen, it has some drawback under certain circumstances.
- Since the Kitchen Design is based on utilization of two walls and the length varies, the appliances are generally spread. In case of the large kitchen, it can be difficult for the user to access and can hamper the efficiency score.
- The layout is not preferred for kitchens with multiple cooks. Even though this very feature makes the L Layout ergonomically successful for a single person to use, it is difficult for multiple cooks to use at the same time and results in inefficient workflow,
Tips for L-shape kitchen design
- You should try and Keep the cooking & kitchen chores tightly together in the L-shape and let the rest of living area be given over to family life.
- You should also keep the colors on the lighter side which would ensure you kitchen irrespective of space constraint doesn’t appear too cramped.
- To execute a proper L-shaped design, the layout has to be built a corner where two walls can form a perpendicular angle and the length of one wall is twice the other.
- One of the latest trends of open shelving shall prevent your kitchen from looking too occupied
- If you are blessed with some extra space and planning for L-Shaped kitchen design, furniture such as a table & chairs would fit neatly into your kitchen and can make a great dining space.
- Irrespective of the size of your kitchen, the beauty of an L-shaped kitchen design lies in its simplicity and flexibility
Find great Ideas for your L-Shaped Kitchen Design at UrbanClap
You can find an assortment of Ideas and designs for an L-shaped kitchen layout at UrbanClap. A dedicated team of professionals Interior Designers & architects can assist you to draw inspiration for your beautiful and serene kitchen. Just log in to our website and get going.