Contemporary Living Room Design Ideas and Photos
Tired of scrolling through all the repetitive modern living room design photos on pinterest? Get inspired by some unique modern living room design ideas! At UrbanClap, we provide you with a platform wherein you can browse 2,000+ modern living room design photos and ideas! Sit back and choose the best modern living room interior look for your home!
Filter photos by
Living Room Styles
Living Room Components
4,226 Ideas & Photos Found
Sophisticated Living Area with Brown Soda and Cushioned ChairBy Mayank Manchanda
Living Area With Small Centre Table And Drapes with sofaBy Dhananjay Ramdas
Living Room With Black Sofa Set And Lounge ChairsBy Dhananjay Ramdas
Living Room With Brown Finely Stitched SofasBy Ravi Gulati
Living room with studio sofa and LED ceiling light in false ceilingBy Bhagyashree Prajapati
L shape sofa with wooden flooring and brick wall designBy Richa Jindal
Cream sofa with cushions brick wall design and wooden flooringBy Richa Jindal
Living Room With Bulky Furniture And Vintage ChandelierBy Furdo.com
The Living Room With L-Shaped Sofa And Artistic False CeilingBy Furdo.com
Creamy Sofa Set with Walnut Brown Display UnitBy Viraf Laskari
Spacious Living Room with Comfy Sofa Set and Wooden Centre TableBy Viraf Laskari
Beige patterned Wall with Orange Lounge Chair and Colorful Cushions Complimenting with White SofaBy Dhaval Patel
Living Room With Wooden Flooring With Traditional Monochromatic LightsBy narayan moorthy
Cream color sofa with color cushions and false ceilingBy Regalias Interiors
Checked style sofa with colored cushions and marble flooringBy Regalias Interiors
Living Area with Wooden Top Table and patterned Center RugBy Mayank Manchanda
Wooden Cushioned Chair with Glossy Black Display UnitBy Mayank Manchanda
Tv unit in living room area with modern display unitBy Nidhi Rathod
Spacious Living Room With Blue Velvet Sofa and false ceilingBy Nidhi Rathod
Living space with red sofa and black cushionBy Vishal Arora
Living room with grey sofa and wall decorBy Prashant Mali
Living area with lavishing white sofa and wall decorBy Prashant Mali
Living area with wall decor white sofa and outside facingBy Prashant Mali
Cozy living room with false ceiling and display unitBy Prashant Mali
Find the top vendors in your locality
Contemporary Living Room Design Ideas:
Every home owner dreams of having a warm and welcoming living room and it is a known fact that living room is one of the most important room in a home and therefore it needs to be taken care of. Living rooms are considered as the focal point in any house as this is a place where the guests will be entertain and the guests too will observe this room when they visit your home. Irrespective of the fact that the room is small or large, what matters is how a person has styled their room to make it appealing for anyone.
The most important thing one should consider while designing their living room is the color combination. When it comes to selecting the colors for your living room then just ensure that the colors you pick should not make your room look too gaudy. If one choses to make their living room in contemporary design then they should make sure that the designing of the living room should not be too showy. However it is not required to use only light colors, one can even go with dark colors if they want. In order to make ones room more contemporary colors that are contrast to each others can be a great idea, for example one can choose either black and red or white and black. One can think of decorating their room in a contemporary style but adding few modern furniture and accessory can it a different look that will make your living room to stand out. In todays’ generation contemporary interiors are basically welcoming and comfortable without being dark and cluttered. Contemporary styles are even appropriate for stores, offices and homes.
Contemporary styles are defined by simple designs, clean lines, texture and subtle sophistication. Interior designers basically showcase space rather than things. In order to design your living rooms in contemporary style it is important to follow some basic rules.
- Color Selection: The main colors which forms the style of contemporary designing are white, black and neutrals. Black is very often used to ground and define any contemporary style rooms. If one is looking for some contemporary style for their living room then they can go ahead with painting the walls in basic neutral with some wonderful back drops for some bold colored accessories. If one chooses to paint the walls and windows in pastel then they can go ahead with trims being neutral and in case if one has selected to paint the walls in bold and bright colors then neutral should be used in other places.
- Line and Space: The most distinct element of any contemporary design is line. One can also take advantage of structural elements while designing their rooms in a contemporary style. Air ducts may be left hanging from the ceiling room, plumbing pipes which are left exposed are also perfectly accepted, and broken bricks usually provide stability and texture. All these kind of styling are quite acceptable in contemporary living rooms. In case if someone wants to draw attention to these things then they should either paint these in bold and in case if they want these things to be hidden then they should blend it with walls.
- Design of Furniture: Furniture chosen for contemporary designing of rooms should be bold and at the same time should be simple without any decoration or curves. These furniture should be clean, smooth and geometric shapes. One can also have some pillows which basically add texture and color to these clean and geometric shape furniture. In contemporary design one should abolish small and cute things and go completely basic, bare and bold.
- Flooring: Floors should be smooth and bare in tile, wood or vinyl in contemporary style rooms. In case someone wants to use carpets for warmth or sound control then they should use commercial grades. One can also add colors and texture along with geometric pattern or plain area rugs.
- Light and Art Consideration: If someone is looking for contemporary styles for their new homes or want to renovate their home then they should go ahead with installing cove light or indirect light. One can also add metallic elements and color on those light fixtures. Spot lights or can lights can be used to highlight poster, painting or any kind of print. Using these lights will attract attention to things you want to focus on. Frames which are in metal finishing or natural wood or matte black is good for art work. If one wants to have several pieces put together so that they look like one large piece then they should hang them close. One should not try to clutter their contemporary designed rooms with too many collections or with too many pieces. Open spaces are equally important for contemporary designing.
- Some Other Design Elements: In order to complete the contemporary designing one can use some of the clear glass art or some metal art or even some stones. If one wants to warm up and soften their space they can add heavily textured fabrics which are in plain colors or rugs, pillows and windows. Anything which is too colorful with fussy prints should be avoided as they lead to confusion about any plain space which is important to complete the contemporary designed rooms. Double tone prints normally works well with this style. One can even opt for some zebra printed pillows for black leather sofas or even large printed leopards pillows kept on plain floor makes a difference.
One can also add beauty to their contemporary living rooms by keeping plants and flowers in some large and dramatic containers. One should ensure to keep these arrangements neat using some rocks or can even use bark chips. Keeping dinner wares also in contemporary style adds a finishing touch to this design. There are lot of interesting styles and bold colors available in the market to make your contemporary design stand out. One can also chose to bring those texture with placemats, silverwares or even center pieces.