Small Living Room Ideas
A small living room can be tough but we here at UrbanClap provide you with best home décor ideas and make your work easy. Keep the floor space vacant, declutter the living room and give it more breathing space. Go for built-in sofas that will increase the floor space. For walls you can go Ombre, having darker shades toward the floor and going light towards the ceiling that gives an illusion of a larger living room. Avoid bulky furniture no matter how tempting that is and opt for soft flowing curtains. For more browse through 1000+ small living room photos to get the best ideas for your living room.
Filter photos by
Living Room Styles
Living Room Components
3,658 Ideas & Photos Found
Sophisticated Living Area with Brown Soda and Cushioned ChairBy Mayank Manchanda
Living Area With Small Centre Table And Drapes with sofaBy Dhananjay Ramdas
Living Room With Bulky Furniture And Vintage ChandelierBy Furdo.com
Living Room With Marble Flooring And Modern False ceilingBy Furdo.com
Plate Decor With Vintage Look and golden Side LampBy Dhaval Patel
Creative Side Table And Traditional Wooden Center Table and Interactive Wall ArtBy Dhaval Patel
Wooden Cushioned Chair with Glossy Black Display UnitBy Mayank Manchanda
Wooden Lounge Chair And Cushioned StoolBy Mridul Jain
Living Room With Designer Mirror Wall Decor And Sofa SetBy Nikita Bonaparte
Cozy Living Room With Wooden Floor And Wall ArtBy Nikita Bonaparte
Living Room With Black Sofa And Huge MirrorBy Nikita Bonaparte
Living Room With Cozy Sofa Set And Wall ArtBy Nikita Bonaparte
Open Table With White BackgroundBy Live Fabulous
Buff Shaded Living Room With Red Chair And Coyote SofaBy JS Interior Decorator & Designer
Living Room With Illuminating Wall FramesBy Ankur Tulsyan
Living Room With Traditional Furniture And Woodwork On False CeilingBy Dhananjay Ramdas
Caramel Themed Living Room With Soft lightingBy Gurneek
Camel And White Shaded Living SpaceBy GN INTERIORS
Grey marbled living roomBy Civil Experts
White Themed Living Room With Leather SofaBy Designopedia
Vintage Themed Sectional Sofa Living RoomBy Designopedia
Neutral Themed Living Room With Sectional SofasBy Designopedia
Premium Wooden Living Room with PlantsBy Eureka Interiors
Mesmeric BeautyBy Ogling Inches Design Architects
Find the top vendors in your locality
Small Living Room Designs and Ideas:
Styling and designing ones’ small living room design revolves around the idea of making the area to appear more spacious. This strategy of styling your small living room design can turn the whole thing from claustrophobic and cramped to an area which would make one feel pleasing and cozy. Small living room design mainly deals with decorating the room that can maximize space and light and one also need to pay much attention to how and what they are using as colors or scale etc. Taking note of all this things can actually make a difference. Living rooms are an integral part of any home and regardless of its size one need to make sure that their living rooms should provide them a space for entertaining their guests as well as to give them and their families a complete relaxation.
It is exciting to try out some new things while styling your living room design. There may be times when those traditional way of decorating your living room design may not be the best solution for your small space. One can use those long flowing drapes instead of using the blind ones for windows treatment as these flowing drapes attract attention to the vertical spaces thereby expanding the room.
Some of the different ways in which one can design their small living rooms to give it a feel of more spacious ones are as follows:
- Decorate the space with mirrors: Interior designers follow a strategy of placing mirrors in small areas to make them look larger. One strategy which they follow is to hang a large mirror in the center of the small living room desing in order to create a focal point. You can even put the mirror behind the light source maybe a pendant lamp or a candle so that the light gets reflected and it creates a nice ambience.
- Attract the Eye Upwards: A room has two dimensions, a vertical and a horizontal one. In case if the living room design has high ceilings then one can make use of those extra spaces to decorate it in a fashion that it attracts the attention upwards. Drapes which are from floor to ceilings are the best and most stylish way to accomplish this. One can also fill up their vertical space with some small to midsize artworks. Following this strategy will make the living room look larger compared to what it is actually.
- Using Neutral colors for painting Small Living Rooms: One can also go ahead with the idea of painting the living room using neutral colors on ceilings, floor, walls or even furniture. Colors like beige or off-whites will create some extra space by making the wall appear push back. Soft shades also help to illuminate the room by the reflection of light. Along with creating space in a small living room, neutral color also gives a sophisticated look and creates a peaceful environment.
- Selecting furniture of light weight in appearance: When it comes to selection of furniture always go for those which appear to be light weight. Always go in for furniture or stuffs which appear to be light weight as heavy ones will make the room congested. Also when one goes on to select furniture try to opt for pale colors compared to the dark ones and one also should be careful about the things that the furniture should have legs and not boxes. One can also go ahead with glass tables as they occupy less visual space compared to the wooden ones, this is due to the reason that one can see through them. Any kind of furnishing which do not obstruct the views usually makes the area seem to be more open.
- Small Scale Furniture should be selected: Small living room designs are not complete without the idea of selecting those furniture which should not overpower the room or one should not select those furniture which may appear to dominate in the space. A sofa which has thin arms and tight upholstered are more preferred compared to the ones which are multi cushioned or with substantial arms. If there is too much scarcity of space then one can even do without the sofa set and on can select a loveseat or can even opt to position chairs around coffee table, even when selecting chairs it is best to go ahead with the ones which are armless as they take up less space compared to the ones which have arms.
- Arrange things in a Linear Position: One can also try styling their small living room by implementing linear and geometric prints. This idea of designing small space gives a sense of structure as well as it gives an illusion of some additional width and length.
- Loosing legs of your Furniture: If someone is looking for adding storage in your living room then you can consider going for furniture which are legs free rather you can opt for attaching these units directly to the walls. Now designing your small living room with this kind of furniture will make the area look still free.
- Try out Working on Weird Angles: If your small living room has those of awkwardly shaped living rooms then turn your weird looking walls into focal point. The owner of this shape apartment converted this space in to something like salon styled gallery walls.
- Using Fabrics: One can also turn their small and cramped living room into a haven using those beautiful fabrics. One can use cotton tapestry and pillows to dress up their budget sofa sets and other furniture. Even using those Turkish Rugs makes sitting on the floor quite inviting. You can even design your living space’s walls with woven and hand crafted wall hangings. Sectional sofas help in converting your small and narrow space in to a great one. You can even decorate your living space using some pretty flowers and plants like Tulips and Daffodils. Leafy Plants like ferns also add beauty to your small living room designs.
Hence designing your living room designs as per your choice irrespective of its size.
Where Can You Find Interior Designer to Style A Small Living Room Design?
The dedicated team of professionals which are a part of the UrbanClap family will make sure that you always have a solution to all your queries related to homes. We have curated an UrbanClap Homes portal showcasing nearly 5000 projects which you can browse for inspiration and find the best interior designer for yourself.
(https://www.urbanclap.com/homes). Think of UrbanClap Homes as a one stop solution for all things related to Homes.