Staircase Designs Ideas & Photos
Filter photos by
268 Ideas & Photos Found
Staircase With Marble FlooringBy Dhruv
Staircase With Patterned Panel And False CeilingBy Dhananjay Ramdas
Staircase with Marble Flooring and Traditional Wall ArtsBy Monnaie Architects
Wooden based StaircaseBy Viraf Laskari
Beige shade living roomBy K D Mistry Interior
Staircase with vibrant lighting and display peiceBy Leena Mehar
Step Down Staircase With Beige WallpaperBy GC Design Studio
Wooden Staircase With Candle Style ChandelierBy HOC Designarch
White Staircase With Hanging LampBy HOC Designarch
Dark Walnut Wooden StaircaseBy HOC Designarch
Simple Wooden Bohemian StaircaseBy narayan moorthy
The Modern Bohemian StaircaseBy HOC Designarch
Staircase With Wooden StepsBy Anil Patil
Royal living room stairwayBy Blue Arch Interiors
Staircase with Marble Flooring and Glass PanelBy Reginald Adams
Staircase with Yellow Lighting and Marble FlooringBy Sumita Mehra
Black Marble Flooring Staircase with Wooden Hand RestBy Monnaie Architects
Staircase With Marble FlooringBy Ramana Rao P V
Marble flooring staircase with wall decorBy Ramana Rao P V
Marble Flooring StaircaseBy Ramana Rao P V
Simple Wooden Staircase with Bright Colored WallsBy Viraf Laskari
Round Staircase with red ceiling lightBy K D Mistry Interior
Spiral Staircase with White FlooringBy Viraf Laskari
Staircase With Wall ArtBy JS Interior Decorator & Designer
Find the top vendors in your locality
Staircase Design Ideas
With houses getting smaller and growing vertically, staircases have become a vital feature of Indian home design. Whether it is a duplex or simply a multi-story building, staircases are not paid much heed to and are planned at the last moment. But every part of your house is important and so is the stairway area. Immediately after the entrance comes the staircases and it can surely be used to enhance your existing home decor. Make sure that the design of your staircases matches the overall decor of your house so that it does not look out of place.
Why Is Staircase Design So Important?
Designing or even renovating a home can be a cumbersome and tedious task which consumes a lot of time. It is also very crucial for the overall home décor. The right professional has to be identified and trusted with the job. It is very difficult to manage different types of people, and supervise every process that is taking place. Hiring an architect or a designer helps, but most people don’t really trust their contractors to execute the work. UrbanClap gives you a platform to hire your own contractors based on the work you want them to do. Here, you can hire a trustworthy contractor to give your staircase design a glam makeover that complements the overall beauty of your house.
What Should You Consider When You Go Ahead With The Designing Process?
To get started on your renovation ideas, make a note of the things that need to be focused on to get a clear idea of where to begin. You start off with the shape, color scheme and the overall style of stairway. Walls and flooring in the hallway containing the staircase come next in the process. Personalise as much as you can try to incorporate your ideas and individuality in your hallway.
How Can You Get Started With The Staircase Designing?
A staircase comes after the main door inside the hallway. Interior designing is all about attention to detail and hence your hallway should look beautiful to match the vibe of your house. Keeping in mind the space you have in the hallway, basically determining whether it is big or small, spacious or compact, you can begin by optimizing the space in hand that is choosing the elements of the room that are space appropriate. Your hallway should contain the basic decor elements but it should never look cluttered or simply like a museum. Our team of trusted professionals will help you style your staircase design in a way that it both stands out and matches the overall ambience of your house.
- First things first, start out with the basics and the essentials. Decide on a color palette that compliments your staircase design given its size, shape and structure.
- Then come the walls and the flooring options. There is a plethora of options available in the market. It totally depends on how you want your staircase design to look like and what vibe you want it to give out.
- After the bigger elements have been decided upon, you can take to the relatively smaller elements such as the furniture, lighting etc.
- Before going ahead with the purchase of the furniture and accessories for your hallway, keep in mind the size, shape and structure of the hallway.
- If your hallway is on the smaller side, keep furniture to a bare minimum for a clean and organized look. As a rule of thumb, measure the actual square footage of the hallway and only then purchase the furniture. You don’t want to end up with furniture that does not fit and looks odd and out of place.
- You can add a nice table with a couple of chairs placed on the sides.
- You can keep freshly cut flowers placed in a vase on the table for a minimalistic and clean look.
- If you don't want chairs in the hallway, you can opt for a beautiful, small couch where the guests can wait.
- The hallway is also the perfect place to hang crafty artwork.
How Can You Style Your Staircase Design So That It Complies With Vastu Shastra?
Vastu Shastra, a science deeply ingrained in the Indian fabric, pays great aphasia on staircases. It is strongly believed that a staircase which does not follow the rules off vast shastras can lead to frequent and major accidents, loss of wealth and excessive stress. The reverse is also true in a way that if the staircase, whose primary role is to take you upwards, complies with Vastu Shastra, it can provide the family with health, wealth and mental peace, stability and harmony.
The best location to build a staircase in a home is in the South-West corner. However – due to any reason – if the South-West corner of the home is unavailable to make a staircase, then the next best place to place the stairs is in the South or West portion of home.
We have listed some dos and don’ts so that your home is healthy and radiating with good and positive energies.
- The external staircase design can be constructed in the South-East facing East, South-West facing West, North-West facing North and South-West facing South.
- The stairs should be kept in a clockwise direction as far as possible.
- The area under the stairs can be used as storage place.
- In case of broken stairs repair them immediately or else it may cause accident and conflict in family due to mental tensions.
- Use light and soothing colors for a staircase. The colours red and black must be avoided for staircases.
- The staircase must never be in the North-East side of the home.
- Don’t design the staircase in a way that it encircles the building. It can lead to calamities.
- The first step of any staircase should never be round or circular.
- An almirah or a cash locker must never be placed under a staircase.
- Do not have the Pooja Room, toilet or Cash/Strong room under any staircase in any case.
What Are Some Stairway Design Ideas?
After deciding the shape and structure the staircase post taking a note of the area that is available in your hallway, you can plan other details like the material used and embellishments on the stairs.
- Instead of the traditional staircase railings or banister, you can use glass panels for the same. This gives away a sophisticated look and also makes the hallway appear larger than it is. You can pair this with the steps and the railing made out of hardwood for a cozy and warm feeling.
- In case of a smaller house, you can get creative and artistic with the staircase design and turn it according to the rest of the space available for a curvy, twisted, fun shape.
- Spiral staircases have always been in fashion but make sure that the material used is sturdy and durable otherwise it can lead to bad accidents and injuries.
- Staircase still perform their function of taking people to the next story without occupying a lot of width. Go as narrow as possible to save precious space, in case you are running low on it.
- If you are feeling quirky and non-traditional, instead of the regular brick staircase go for a ladder style. Ladders will remind of your childhood days and fill you up with sweet nostalgia.
- Another way to turn things around is to add just the steps and no connection in between them. This style of floating steps makes the whole area surrounding the staircase design much bigger. But choose this only if there are no children in your house.
- After you have finalized the shape and the staircase design of the staircase, try to jazz up the wall next to the staircase. You can hang beautiful artwork, crafty handcrafted statement pieces, a beautiful and vintage wall clock etc.
- You can also go for the traditional photo gallery method wherein you showcase the pictures of your family and loved ones on this wall.
- This wall can be an accent wall in a way that it can be wallpaper, textured or even have a beautiful pattern on it.
- Mirrors are also an old but classy trick. They look chic, exotic and make the area look bigger than it actually is by creating an illusion of added space. All of this depends on the size and structure of the hallway, staircase design and that shape of the wall.
Where Can You Find Staircase Designs?
Our dedicated team of professionals (Architects, Interior Designers, Contractors and Wall Painters) which are a part of the UrbanClap family will make sure that you always have a solution to all your queries about your humble abode. The professionals that we have onboard are pre verified i.e. a quality check has been done prior to getting them to work with us. We have also curated a specialised UrbanClap Homes portal showcasing nearly 5000 projects which you can browse for inspiration and finding tailor-made stairway design ideas for you.
(https://www.urbanclap.com/homes). Think of UrbanClap Homes as a one stop solution for all things related to housing plans and house designs.