Kids Bedroom Design Ideas and Photos
Are your kids bored of their same coloured bedroom walls and the furniture? Want to make your kid's bedroom colourful and attractive? We at UrbanClap, come to your rescue and provide you with the best kids bedroom designs which would make your kids go gaga about their rooms. Just sit back and choose from around 800+ kids bedroom ideas on a budget and get cool kids bedroom theme ideas.
Filter photos by
Types of Bedrooms
739 Ideas & Photos Found
Stylish Bedroom With Unique Designed Bed And Wooden FurnishedBy Hoshedaar Eruch Carnac
Colorful BedroomBy Vamsi Alluri
Kids Bedroom Decor With Geometrical Display ShelvesBy Designopedia
Retro kids bedroomBy Studio LP - Interior Design
Kids Bedroom with Single Beds and Yellow and Green Display UnitsBy Madhu Gunisetti
White And Blue Combo Kid Bedroom With Wall ArtBy Furdo.com
Kids Bedroom With Wall Art And Flase CeilingBy Furdo.com
kids Bedroom with Pink Theme and Wooden WardrobeBy Sudeep S Gandhi ID
Wooden Wardrobe with Walnut Brown Study TableBy Viraf Laskari
Kids Bedroom with Interactive Wall Art and Single BedBy Wood Works Club
Wooden Traditional Bed And Green Study TableBy narayan moorthy
Brown Wooden Toddler BedBy Shyama Viswanathan
White Wardrobe with Edgy Design and Yellow Back WallBy Mayank Manchanda
Low Rise Wooden Bed And Study Table with Walnut Brown Wooden FlooringBy Shyama Viswanathan
Vibrant kid's bedroom with two single bed and Mickey shaped false ceilingBy R. Gautam Jain
Pure white innocence:White themed kid's room with a bunk bed with a hint of heartwood, hardboard floor and bright ceiling lightsBy Chaitanya Challa
Small Cushioned Bed And Pink And White Themed Study TableBy Mridul Jain
Kids Bedroom With Wooden Study Table And SelvesBy Furdo.com
The Kid's Bedroom With Wall ArtBy Furdo.com
Kids Bedroom With Wooden WardrobeBy Furdo.com
Modern Kids Bedroom with Study TableBy Pratik Mehra
Kids Bedroom with Pink ThemeBy Pratik Mehra
Amazing Kids Bedroom Design With Wall PosterBy Khyaati Verma
Teen Girl Study Desk With Black WallBy Live Fabulous
Find the top vendors in your locality
Kids Bedroom Design Ideas
Every parents dream to give everything best to their kids and the same goes with their kiddo’s bedroom as well. Parents love to decorate their kids’ bedroom with some of the favorite things that their child may love as their bedroom is the most private place where kids would love to spend more time. It a place where they play, learn and grow. Hence one needs to be very careful while decorating their child’s room. Therefore when it comes to selecting furniture for their childs’ room they need to consider lot of things in mind. Always select furniture which are child friendly as children do not just use the furniture, they give beating to stuffs like chairs, desk, bed, dressers etc. This is one of the reason why parents need to be sure that the furniture they are purchasing are completely designed for kids. Therefore one need to ensure that the sizing is correct, designs should be sturdy, sound and safe. Furniture which are made from flimsy material, those which have loose component or sharp edges can shift unexpectedly which may turn out to be life threatening for young kids. Some of the points which parents need to consider while making a choice for the kids’ furniture are as follows:
- Furniture should have a combination of Beauty and Durability: When you are buying furniture for your kids you need to focus on strength as everything looks beautiful in the display window. One should double check all the nuts, bolts, knobs etc before purchasing.
- Focus on Safety: It is very important to see the furniture carefully and make sure that there are no sharp ends or edges as these may be risky for your child. There may be several fittings which may look beautiful but they may not be safe for the kids.
- Include your kids while shopping furniture for their room: It is always a good idea to include your kids as well when you go shopping for their bedroom. Allow them to give their opinion and make choice of furniture themselves. In case if you plan to shop online then show them whatever you have shortlisted for their room as in this way there would be no grumbling.
- Purchase Furniture which will be useful in Future as well: You may find those toddler beds very attractive but keep in mind that the kids grow fast and hence after some days the cot may become useless and then this would be a complete wastage of money. Therefore parents should buy furniture that would be of appropriate size and the kids can use them later as well.
Types of Material:
Designing your child’s room is not only about looks but also about the quality of the stuff you chose to decorate their bedroom. There are a lot of plastic toys or furnishing items available in the market which may contain toxins and they may be harmful for your kids. So when selecting furniture for your kids’ bedroom then it is an option which needs to be explored. Along with being durable, these furniture should not pose threat to the health of the kids. There are the large variety of shapes, designs, and sizes of furniture available in the market. You can even customize these furniture as per your choice or can even purchase readymade ones. Some of the important items for your kids’ bedroom are beds, wardrobes and dressers. One should keep in mind while making the selection of the furniture is that they can choose few things but they should be of good quality.
Some of the ideas related to décor of your kids’ bedroom are as follows:
- Wallpaper Collages: Wallpapers have again made a comeback in home décor. One can even make a collage of all the leftover wallpapers as they would make your kids’ room more bright and colorful. You can use the wallpaper collage for beautifying some dull looking walls or maybe a bookshelf or even a sliding closet. Selecting the patterns, or colors or layout of these wallpapers are completely dependent on you.
- Washi Tape: Washi tapes can be used to create some colorful wall designs, one can use those various colors and size of washi tapes on the white walls of the bedroom to create a beautiful modern look. Washi tapes are renewable, removable and recyclable. Using washi tape does not leave even those sticky mess like duct tape. Washi tapes are usually made of things like paper mulberry, rice, hemp, wheat or tree bark.
- Fabric Artwork: One can also try making those wall art by stapling and wrapping some of your favorite fabrics around those wooden frames. One can also use the leftover fabrics to make hoops which will again add beauty to the overall room. You can even use those patterned fabrics which would make it look greater.
- Painted Furniture: Painting the room and furniture adds glamour to your decoration, you can try applying color coats on some vintage furniture. The different shades will really make a difference in the overall look of the room.
- Repurpose: One can also think creatively to reuse the things which they already possess, for example, there may be some toys which may be lying incompletely used for quite some time. You can even utilize them to decorate your kid's bedroom. You can even use those vintage paper dolls to decorate as a display in your little girl's room. You can add creativity by grouping these dolls in one place rather than keeping it in a scattered form.
- Window Décor: One of the simplest way to decorate these windows is to add loose swag valance or maybe a scarf valance. This decorative idea mainly softens the harsh corners of window frames visually and this is an easy and affordable process to add some patterns in the room.
So when designing and styling your kid's room you can follow these simple steps to add beauty to their little shed but ensure all the furniture and accessories just do not look good but they should be equally durable and most importantly safe to use.