Bedroom Designs, Ideas & Pictures
Are you looking to give your bedroom a makeover? Or are simply looking for trendy bedroom designs for your new home? Then your search stops right here. At UrbanClap, you can effortlessly browse through 1,000+ modern bedroom designs and latest bedroom decor ideas! You are surely going to fall in love with the amazing range of choices that UrbanClap Homes professionals have in store for you
Filter photos by
Types of Bedrooms
7,495 Ideas & Photos Found
Beige Cushioned Bed with Accent Wall and wooden flooringBy Mayank Manchanda
Bedroom With Woodwork On Wall and marble flooringBy Dhananjay Ramdas
Bedroom with wooden flooring and false ceilingBy Milind Kapadia
Bedroom with Queen Size Wooden Bed and Abstract Wall Art Hinged to Black WallBy Monnaie Architects
Wooden Nightstand with Edgy Lamp and Brown ChairBy Mayank Manchanda
Commodious Master Bedroom with Wood Flooring and King Size BedBy Monnaie Architects
Spectacular Yellow Master Bedroom with Abstract Wall ArtBy Dhaval Patel
Grey Bedroom Interior With Mirror Side Wall And Orange And Pink CushionsBy Dhaval Patel
Grey Lounge Chairs With Yellow Cushions and Circular Center Table in Master BedroomBy Dhaval Patel
Rustic Elements In Grey Themed Bedroom with Traditional Wall ArtBy Dhaval Patel
Fuchsia Elements In Beige Master Bedroom with Mirror Wall and Hanging LightsBy Dhaval Patel
Bedroom With Black Head Cover And Traditional Window ArtBy narayan moorthy
Traditional Wooden Canopy Bed and colorful pink ottomanBy narayan moorthy
Bed with wardrobe and computer tableBy Regalias Interiors
Wooden flooring bedroom with wall decor and false ceilingBy Regalias Interiors
Wooden Finished Master Bedroom with wall decorBy Regalias Interiors
Bedroom with false ceiling wardrobe and black & white shadeBy Nidhi Rathod
Bedroom with lavishing white color and wall decorBy Vishal Arora
Bedroom Incorporating monotone Patterns on walls lit by LED lightsBy Sakina Azher
Bedroom with wardrobe and study spaceBy Adroit Design - Architectural - interior
Minimalist Bedroom with Buddha Wall PaintingBy Regalias Interiors
Bedroom with modern style structureBy Prashant Mali
Modern style bedroom with wall decor and wardrobeBy Prashant Mali
Modern bedroom with wooden designed wall and wardrobeBy Prashant Mali
Find the top vendors in your locality
Bedroom Design Ideas
What do you love to do after a long day at work? Perhaps climb into your bed with a nice mug of hot chocolate and read an enjoyable novel? Or maybe, putting your feet up and catching the late-night talk show after lighting a scented candle? One’s bedroom, although the most private space in a home, is a place where one goes to recharge themselves, to seek calm, peace and tranquility. For this very purpose of relaxation, everything needs to be balanced and suited to your exclusive needs be it the colours, the décor or even the lighting. Bedrooms are usually characterized by soft furnishings, pleasant colour palettes and appropriate lighting that is neither bothersome nor insufficient for activities other than sleeping.
How Can You Choose The colour Scheme For Your Bedroom?
Depending on the mood that you set for your bedroom design, you can pick out soft, smooth and romantic colour tones that harmonize with the idea of relaxing and lounging. But this in no way means that loud colours are a strict no no. Everything in the right moderation and done tastefully can work its way out for a positive effect. If your bedroom also has a dressing area or a sitting area incorporated into its space, you have to plan the entire space as whole. You can choose the wall colours that complement all the spaces so that the final bedroom design looks ravishing.
How Can You Decorate Your Bedroom Walls?
Plain old white is a thing of the past. Let your bedroom walls express your innate personality by spicing things up a little. You can have a lot of fun playing around with colours and textures on those four walls and give them the very well deserved pick-me-up. Here are some tips for upping your bedroom decor game a few notches.
Accent walls are a sure shot way to bring your bedroom walls alive and also create an illusion of extended space.
- You can be all dramatic and show off your flamboyance (just a little though) by having AN accent wall. Notice that the word ‘an’ is capitalized in the previous sentence. This is to highlight that you must never overdo accent walls. One is more than enough, usually placed behind the headboard of the bed.
- According to colour theory, warm colours like red, yellow and orange, tend to pill the wall closer to the T thus, making the space look smaller. Choose a wall that can afford to be shortened. On the other hand, cool colours like blue and green, tend to pull away from the eye which makes the bedroom space appear larger.
- You can paint your ceiling with a different colour and make it an accent ceiling. Make use of cool colours like blue and green to give an illusion of a higher ceiling for a majestic effect.
Stripes and stencils
You can make use of stripes to give your bedroom decor the ultimate modern edge or stencils that are readily available to utilize ‘the one of a kind’ look. It is time to get a little crafty and show off those artistic chops.
- You can make use of vibrant colours and even stripes of alternating widths to achieve maximum effect.
- You can use a wall stencil on the wall behind the headboard of the bed as well. Stencils are an extremely time saving, cost-effective solution to wall décor and are very practical.
- For relatively small bedrooms, stencils come in handy in a way that you can make a headboard out of a stencil to save space and consequently the whole thing looks very edgy.
- Similar to the earlier point, you can amp up your ceiling by making use of stencils too.
Wallpapers are touted as the winning ingredient in bedroom designs. They are convenient to put up and remove and you get them in a variety of designs and prints such as floral, checks, stripes and other beautiful prints. They can make an ordinary space, extraordinary and the feasibility of it all make them a hit among homeowners and stylists alike.
- Bold wallpaper in a small bedroom? Fret not. A cleverly chosen wallpaper can create an illusion of space thus justifying our premise that there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to home décor.
- You can put a wallpaper on that one accent wall to achieve a chic and sophisticated look or even go all out with bold prints and patterns.
- You can once again use it on your ceiling for that extravagant ‘fifth wall’.
How Should You Choose The Flooring For Your Bedroom Decor?
The overall feel of the bedroom comes from its flooring. The energy radiated by the floor can either say cozy or cold. Special care must be taken while choosing the right flooring to jazz up your bedroom design . Mentioned below are few flooring options that you can consider for your bedroom decor.
What automatically springs to mind when we think of grace? Wooden flooring. Words like timeless, ethereal, sophisticated and warm are directly associated with hardwood floors. The fact that they are both beautiful to look at and are superbly practical, make them an extremely popular choice among homeowners.
Hardwood floors provide an elegant look and feel and that is precisely the reason behind greater values of houses with wooden flooring. They are also known to last for a hundred years (read timeless). Though costly, they prove to be a real value for money simply because of their extremely high shelf life.
Wood is organic and attracts less dust, thus making it a healthier alternative, especially in polluted areas. They are versatile in this way and can never look out of place. By versatility, we mean that they complement every style and type of décor.
To give your bedroom decor a touch of warmth and familiarity, you can most certainly opt either for a full end to end carpet or a large carpet that allows your room to breathe. Apart from the aesthetic appeal of a carpeted bedroom, their ability to absorb sound, can help you get that perfect beauty sleep.
They are an economical option for those on a budget and are available in a wide variety of colours, textures and patterns. If budget is not too much of a constraint, opt for a natural wool fiber or silk and wool blend carpet, for it is beautiful to look at and is relatively more durable than its counterparts.
Going by the colour scheme of your room, you can decide the colour that compliments everything else. You can choose from a variety of fabrics and dabble around with numerous patterns. Maintenance wise carpets are an easy target. They just need regular vacuuming and are good to go soon after that.
Cork is an up and coming trend in the flooring scene. It is a soft and spongy material that can give your bedroom a luxurious and palatial feel. Cork is filled with tiny air bubbles which provide that relaxing cushion like effect and insulates the room against both heat and noise. Even if you are walking in heels, little to noise is made on a cork floor.
Environmentally speaking, cork is a natural, organic product that emerges from the bark of the Cork Oaks tree and is completely biodegradable and renewable, hence making it an eco-friendly resource. Cork is generally available in natural colours like pale honey, dark brown and is sometimes stained in colours like red, blue, green and charcoal.
Maintenance of this material is relatively hassle free and the anti-microbial, anti-static qualities are an added bonus to the already amazing flooring alternative. One downside is that cork can be relatively expensive when compared with other options and can be prone to scratching.
Laminate is a low cost and low maintenance material that can effectively replicate the look of natural materials like wood and tile. Wood laminate-thin layers of wood hard pressed together-is a common alternative to hardwood floors. It is both cost effective and easier to maintain, but at the fact same time, it cannot be refinished and gives a relatively unnatural feel.
Among the many advantages of laminates, is the also the fact that it is dust-repellent and anti-allergens. You can sweep or vacuum the laminate floor regularly to maintain it well and keep its finish intact. A small disadvantage might be that exposure to excessive sunlight can fade the colours off the laminate which often results in a dulled down appearance.
What Are The Styles In Which You Can Revamp Your Bedroom Design?
You can style your bedroom decor in one of the following standard styles. We have encapsulated these styles and listed some amazing master bedroom design ideas.
Simplicity is the heart of Modern bedroom style. The general concept is that everything must be functional in modern design and even the decoration must have a purpose. You can see straight, clean lines and shapes and simple colour tones, with an abundance of natural light. Never accessorize heavily when you are opting for a Modern décor. A bare concrete wall with shelves on it coupled with a wooden floor is a good way to start. You can place books, vases or some beautiful decoration pieces on these shelves. You can also try a cushioned headboard and vertical panels on the wall behind the headboard for a chic look. Brick walls and a fireplace are another example of how you can style your bedroom design in a modern way.
Why choose one style when you can mix and match and have a ball? This is what contemporary bedroom style is all about. It doesn’t restrict itself to one style in a more fluidic approach. It effectively bends the rule of modern style to achieve a unique and gorgeous look. Akin to modern, lines are clean and streamlined but are not necessarily straight. They can be curved and contemporary has elements of other styles attached to it as well. You can combine different materials like wood and stone with perhaps glass and metal to create playful and fun designs. Consider upholstered headboards and cute little furry rugs for an edgy master bedroom design.
Marked by vibrant colours and wooden furniture, multipurpose cabinets and fabrics in various textures, nothing screams exotic and intricate more than the traditional way of bedroom décor. Traditional Indian bedrooms have a cozy and homely feel attached to them and the belief that simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Hardwood floor with wooden furniture in a contrasting colour with a wooden chest or perhaps a rustic bird cage is one look that you can consider. For the walls, try earthy colour tones and perhaps a chunky mirrored wall art or hanging to complete the traditional look.
Minimalism has elements of a simple and basic space and celebrates the ‘less is more’ way of life. You can go for a pristine all white décor or choose other hues out of the earthy, neutral palette. Browns, greys and beiges are easier to maintain as compared to other shades, so you can have these as the primary shade for your bedroom for that uber minimalistic bedroom look. Minimise the use of accessories and strip your bedroom down to its bare essentials for a clean and decluttered look which agrees with the basic principle of minimalism. In such a setting, you can also make use of unfinished natural textures like mud walls and clay tiles and finally simplify the complexities by bringing the décor down to one or maybe two accessories such as wall art and side tables.
When in doubt, go retro. You can very well go all out and overboard by selecting concentric circles, check patterns, heavy prints and bold colours to give your bedroom a 70s retro makeover. Retro bedrooms designs are fun and comfortable at the same time and have a quirky element of your personality attached to them. Make heavy use of handcrafted rugs, neon lights or perhaps a detailed mural on ceiling to go all retro glam. Channel the Bohemian in you by making heavy use of handcrafted designs. Instead of the traditional headboard, you can have a variety of art behind the bed. You can also match your funky curtains to the throw pillows with the exact same pattern for a better effect.
Remain ‘close to your roots’ by heavily making use of wood and stone in your bedroom decor, taking ideas from lodges from hill stations for a rustic bedroom design. A handcrafted Persian rug thrown on a hardwood floor can do the deed for you. If it’s a kid’s room you can place a bunk bed alongside a large wooden chest with an intricate design. You can also have wooden panels on walls and ceiling with a well detailed chandelier or beautiful hanging lamps to achieve this look. You can opt for poster beds or traditional beds with huge headboards, preferably in wood. You can also have a fireplace installed inside the bedroom to accentuate the cos and warm feeling.
‘Old is gold’ indeed. Vintage bedroom design is unapologetically ‘old fashioned’ and the same time flirty and romantic. Scope for creativity is huge, under this style along with versatility. Painting your room in a shade of the 1940s, is the essence of vintage decor. There is no specific colour scheme used in accordance with vintage style, but the colours are usually soft and less dramatic. Heavy drapes, chandeliers, tassels and heavy furniture from the heart of vintage decor. Think of tasseled curtains and large ornate picture frames and a nice vintage rug that feels soft under those feet.
Anything goes and with no hard and fast rules, eclectic bedroom design can be defined as a blend of various styles but that doesn’t mean that you make a mess out of it by haphazardly arranging your things. All the styles must complement each other at all times. Hang some artwork on a black background, for example. Mix and match furniture pieces across styles to channel the ‘anything goes with anything’ vibe. Go crazy on patterns but in a way that they play well together but then to balance it all out, be lighter on the walls, opting either for an all-white or neutral colour shades. In the end don’t forget to make your room look airy and breezy and avoid the cramped and cluttered look.
What Are The Elements of A Typical Indian Bedroom design?
Exotic and ethnic are the words that are synonymous with India. With a multitude of culture, the science of Indian interior design is both vast and interesting. Given below are some elements of a typical Indian bedroom design .
- Bright, vibrant colours define Indian décor. India is a land of colours and the presence of various vivid colours in the Indian decor scene is a clear no brainer. Go for earthy tones like brown, orange and yellow for the primary colour of your bedroom and loud colours like red and pink can be used for secondary, smaller elements and accessories like the cushions and throw pillows.
- Wood is organic in nature and is as close to our motherland as it can be. Wooden flooring, wooden ceiling and wood panels on the walls are substantial components of the Indian décor. Why stick to just walls and flooring? We can also combine accessories like intricately crafted wooden pieces like arm chairs and chests give off a beautiful and authentic look.
- Storage cabinets that are beautifully decorated with stone, mirrors or other embellishments are a welcome change and an essential part of a traditional Indian bedroom. They are both aesthetically pleasing and are a utility item too. Hang your curtains way above the window to give an appearance of additional height, thus making the room look bigger. You can also go for curtains and drapes in lighter colours for this very purpose.
- Indianized furniture and accessories like charpoys, diwans, jallis, low set floor beds, footstools, vintage wooden arm chairs are some examples of pieces that you can use to amp up that desi and royal look of your bedroom décor.
- Ethnic paintings, wall hangings and handicrafts among other artwork with a traditional feel to it, also give away an ethnic vibe to the bedroom design. Intricacy in fabrics, textures, motifs and patterns is commonplace in Indian décor.
How To Style A Small Bedroom Design?
Small does not have to bad. Undoubtedly, decorating a comparatively small bedroom design comes up with its own set of challenges but we at UrbanClap are here to offer you the best possible ways to live your dream of a perfect bedroom space. With some of our A-grade tips, you can style your bedroom like a pro, space no bar.
- Create depth with mirrors. Mirrors are not only extremely beautiful to look at but also add another dimension to your living space and can create a perception of space, thus making your bedroom look more spacious than it already is.
- Smart lighting choices can help making the room look beautiful and bigger all at the same time. Go for track lighting instead of free standing lamps to save space. Also, direct the natural source of light towards the ceiling to give the room a larger, breezier look and feel.
- Light colours create an illusion of space and hence, they should be used for the walls, curtains, shades and the bed to make the room appear spacious and airy, although an accent wall never hurt anybody. Remember, loud colours can be used on the accent walls and not as the main primary colour. You can also make your room pop by making use of colourful furnishings and embellishments.
- Hang your curtains way above the window to give an appearance of additional height, thus making the room look bigger. You can also go for curtains and drapes in lighter colours for this very purpose.
- Make use of beds with built in storage. Small bedrooms come with limited space and this should be taken care of by making use of beds with built in storage space. Similarly, you can also place stools and couches with a similar ‘already there’ storage area under them.
- Repurpose your old things into new ones. You can use your old wooden chest as a nightstand or perhaps a wooden door as a beautiful headboard. When space is limited you can draw in a headboard using foam rollers and stencils behind the bed. Looks crafty and is very feasible.
How Should You Style Your Bedroom Decor On A Budget?
Being on tight budget does not mean that you can’t bring out your bedroom A-game. Given below are some pointers that you can keep in mind to jazz up your bedroom design like never before with great tips on bedroom decor.
- Repaint your bedroom walls to a fresh new coat of pure awesomeness. You can make use of stencils, wallpapers or regular paint, but changing the colour of your walls will dramatically transform the way your bedroom decor.
- Showcasing your family portraits not only speaks volumes of your love for your loved ones but is also lighter on your pocket. Depending on the theme of your house, you can make a photo gallery on one of the walls. Solid proof that only love needs to be extravagant and not your expenditure.
- Replace all your door and drawer handles with new ones. This is a subtle and small but very noticeable change that you can make in your bedroom.
- Place a brand new nightshade or a bedside lamp on your bedside table. They are cost effective and look really lovely. You can also drape a string of LEDs around the table or you can also put it around the headboard of your bed for a vintage look. Neon lights are also our favorite pick for bedroom design ideas on a budget.
- Make way for a reading corner in your room by arranging a chair, a lamp and a couple of shelves where you can put your books, journals and magazines to give a sophisticated feel to your bedroom interior. What can be more inexpensive, in money terms of course, than some well laid out books. Human’s best friends indeed.
- Shake things up a bit and rearrange all the furniture in your room to give your bedroom a breath of fresh air. Rather than going all extravagantly spend thrifty and simply hurting your pocket in the meanwhile, simply rearrange the existing layout of your bedroom to kick that boredom away.
- Plants are cost-effective and wonderful alternatives to room décor. Green is the most soothing colour for the human eye in the entire spectrum. Place a lot of plants as they are not only pleasant to look at but also keep the air around you purified. You can also buy a pretty vase and place freshly cut flowers in it for that whiff of fragrant air.
- An accent wall behind the headboard can break the monotony of uniformly coloured walls and wouldn’t pinch your pocket much. Keep in mind the existing colour scheme of your room and the accent wall should actually ‘accentuate’ your room in a way that it makes that particular wall pop.
What Are The Latest Trends In Bedroom Décor?
We at UrbanClap are here to keep you up to date with all that’s trending in home décor.
- Don’t be afraid of deep and dark wall colours and hues such as navy blue, indigo, dark grey etc. while painting your bedroom walls. Bold hues, if done tastefully can give away a serene and soothing vibe to your bedroom. You don’t have to shy away from them at all.
- Minimalism means stripping your living space to its bare essentials. Minimalist bedrooms are very hot right now. We have mentioned some of the ways in the preceding paragraphs, as to how you can channel this look to transform your bedroom into a minimalistic haven.
- Industrial design for the bedroom involves tiled walls, metallic furniture and heavy usage of the brown colour palette. It is a good change from the all-white look, also that it was listed as one of the most trending design ideas by multiple publications. So, saying that it is very hot in the market right now might be bit of an understatement.
- Accentuating the ceiling with chandeliers or other decorative fixtures is an effective way to deck up your bedroom and is in line with the latest trends as well. You can also select a nice false ceiling design for a similar effect. Decking up the ceiling can be done in numerous ways. Choose the one that vibes well with the overall atmosphere of your bedroom.
- Golden bedside nightstands are a rage currently. Akin to a statement necklace with a plain dress, these look sophisticated as well as bright. The design can be chosen in accordance with other furniture and the style in which your bedroom is designed in.
- Colourful art over butter white walls is also an up and coming trend that is just so pristine. The art pops out even more when placed on a subtle and bland background, thus creating an amazing effect.
- Statement light fixtures also give a strong touch to liven up the bedroom space. These fixtures can either be a chandelier, oversize hanging shade, unique sculptural fixture, or something whimsical and fun. They just need to be big enough to catch the eye and make a bold statement.
- Four-poster beds are back in vogue, but the question is did they ever really go out if style? These days they are clean and simple and without a canopy. They give a warm and cozy feeling and go very well with the romantic bedroom vibe.
How Can You Find Bedroom Design Ideas?
The dedicated team of professionals (Architects, Interior Designers, Contractors and Wall Painters) which are a part of the UrbanClap family will make sure that you always have a solution to all your queries about your humble abode. We have curated an UrbanClap Homes portal showcasing nearly 5000 projects and bedroom design ideas among others which you can browse for inspiration and finding tailor-made bedroom design ideas for you.
(https://www.urbanclap.com/homes). Think of UrbanClap Homes as a one stop solution for all things related to house plans and designs and you are never alone in your quest for finding the perfect bedroom makeover solutions and bedroom interior design ideas.