Licensed and Verified Packers & Movers in Gurgaon
Now finding the best packers and movers in Delhi won't be difficult while shifting. At UrbanClap,we connect you with the best packers and movers in Delhi providing the best relocation services in delhi. Our cheapest packers and movers in Delhi are quality oriented, time bound and understand your needs. Whether you want the best packer and movers in Delhi for shifting outside Delhi or for shifting within delhi, just book your shifting dates with us and choose from a list of 100+ trained and best professional packers and movers in Delhi. So, get started and find the best packers and movers in Delhi on UrbanClap
- Hiring Guide
113 Packers & Movers in Gurgaon
Packers & Movers at UrbanClap served 2709 requests in Gurgaon in the last 30 days as of 19 Jan, 2018. The providers on-boarded on UrbanClap are approved only after an extensive background scrutiny and customers reference checks.
- priyankaron 15 Jan, 20185.0DLF Safe Packers and Movers are not recommeded at all from me at least for now. While shifting my goods. They DAMAGED THREE of my very important furniture. They did not do the loading and unloading properly as well. I couldn't find my basic necessities of products for at least 3 days. They CAUSED A LOT OF INCONVENIENCE TO ME. I was very dissatisfied with their quality of service. NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL!!sandeepon 12 Jan, 20185.0Hardworking staff with good working
Introduction: Year of Establishment: 2006 Projects Completed: 5000+ Number of Employees: 8+ Fleet In-House: Yes Branches in Other Cities: No Mode of Payment: Cash/Cheque/Card (We take 80% advance payment for In-Line Shifting) Introduction: DLF Safe Packers and Movers Services are recognized as specialists in packing and moving household and office goods Nationwide. With over 25 years experience within the packing and moving industry, we can offer all methods of transportation, either by road, sea or air to virtually any destination in the world. We realize that running nationwide can be a very stressful prospect and to assist you in planning your packers and movers need. We can arrange for one of our expert surveyors to visit you at home to assess the volume of your effects to be moved, free of charge and to discuss and plan your move in greater detail. Grievance Redressal Mechanism: People usually face the problem of the security of their goods which is covered with the help of insurance. We take the responsibility of the Domestic Moving and provide Insurance for the interstate moving @ 3%. In a case of any delay in the service, we request the customer to cooperate, or we make the necessary compensation if there is any.
- rajdeepon 16 Jan, 20185.0Very good and professional team of shifting helpsoma guptaon 15 Jan, 20184.0Very professional, came on time ,did the work neatly
Introduction: A Trans Packers & Movers is a renowned service provider for packing and moving of households, office furniture and equipments, plant and machineries, industrial goods and so on. A Trans Packers & Movers is a leader in the relocation industry and serves its customers country wide. A Trans Packers & Movers is an independent relocation management company and is ranked as one of the country's leading packers and movers specialization in household & corporate goods transportation with facilities for warehousing and storage. Experience: 6 Gender: Male Gender: Male Projects Completed: 7500 Number of Employees: 10 Fleet In-House: Yes Branches in Other Cities: Yes, Present in- Delhi, Mumbai, Pune Mode of Payment: Cash/Cheque Grievance Redressal Mechanism: People usually face the problem of the security of their goods which is covered with the help of insurance. We take the responsibility of the domestic moving and provide insurance for the interstate moving @ 3% supported by all the large insurance giants.
- gurdeepon 1 Oct, 20175.0They were very nice in their work, but my almirah got damaged a little bit but it's okay. I didnt ask for any compensation. They delivered on time and no items were missing. I am happy with their services.sanchit mehtaon 28 Aug, 20175.0No damage during the services for packers and movers by Saraswati Packers. They moved my stuff within the city. Chrages for the service were 8k. I'm satisfied with their service. Nice and on timw ork given to me.
Introduction: Welcome to Saraswati Cargo We are one of the most reliable companies in the field of cargo packing and moving. After spending long years in this industry we are today one of the most established name. We serve our clients with the respect and concern. A renowned name in the packing and moving industry providing fast, reliable and professional packing and moving services worldwide. Grievance Redressal Mechanism: We take the full fledge responsibility of the Theft/Brokage of the goods in transit for the local move, and we provide Insurance for the Interstate move 3%. We also ensure timely delivery of the goods. We have tie-ups with all big Insurance giants providing the hassle free paperwork. Year of Establishment: 2008 Number of Employees: 8 Fleet In-House: Yes Projects Completed: 3000+ Branches in Other Cities: Yes, Present in- PAN India Mode of Payment: Cheque, Cash
- geetuon 1 Nov, 20175.0Satisfied with the services of AOne cargo.Nice and decent staff.satyanarayanon 14 Jan, 20185.0Very good experience with a One Cargo thanks Mr Govind sharma
Introduction: A One Cargo Packers Movers proffering finest packing, moving and logistics solutions ,with years of experience in handling different domestic as well as international moves of our clients. We, at A One Cargo Packers Movers, have indeed etched our presence in the international market among our counterparts. We house a team of experienced professionals who deal with different sorts of household as well as commercial moving requirements of our clients. Experience: 7 Gender: Male Gender: Male Projects Completed: 6500 Number of Employees: 15 Fleet In-House: Yes Branches in Other Cities: Yes, Present in- Delhi, Mumbai. Mode of Payment: Cash/Cheque Grievance Redressal Mechanism: People usually face the problem of the security of their goods which is covered with the help of insurance. We take the responsibility of the domestic moving and provide insurance for the interstate moving @ 3% supported by all the large insurance giants.
- juhi agarwalon 8 Jan, 20185.0My experience was not very good. They promised 4 labours at 7oclock but sent 9oclock only 3 people, that too aged and not very good at packing. Also, promised to pack clothes and all in cartons but didnt. Overall a very bad experience, didnt unpack at all. I kept following up with them but no response form Rajneesh. It took us so much time and struggle. Had to pay 7000 but they took 6000 earlier only. Not satisfied!sumit rohillaon 18 Dec, 20175.0Very professional and on time service. 5 of them came and packed the entire house in less than 4 hours with utmost care of things. I had actually missed one item and the team was very courteous to return ut back by searching it in there transport and giving it back to me at my address. Keep up the good work!!
Introduction: Welcome to corporate movers and packers Gurgaon office we are best packers and movers services provider we deals in local moving, domestic shifting, international moving. contact us to get a quote. Gender: Male Gender: Male Year of Establishment: 2001 Projects Completed: 8500 Number of Employees: 25 Fleet In-House: Yes Branches in Other Cities: Yes, Present in- Delhi, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Pune Mode of Payment: Cash/Cheque Grievance Redressal Mechanism: People usually face the problem of the security of their goods which is covered with the help of insurance. We take the responsibility of the domestic moving and provide insurance for the interstate moving @ 3% supported by all the large insurance giants.
- apoorv bhanoton 24 Oct, 20175.0It was pretty smooth. Mr. Prabhat is an excellent person to be dealing with in this case as you want to be updated and clear about all the minute details. Thanx team Arya!!saranon 10 Sep, 20175.0The professionals were really good and did an excellent job at their end that too in short notice. the staff was punctual and was courtious. i had a good experience. the prices were also reasonably charged. Very satisfied with the work.
Introduction: Year of Establishment: 2007 Number Of Employees: 50+ Completed Projects: 7000+ Fleet In-House: Yes Branches in Other Cities: -Yes, Present in Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Gujarat and Calcutta. Introduction: Arya India Group is an established, respected and highly professional Moving company. We offer a full range of removal services to suit everyone from individuals and families to business and corporations. Whether you are moving locally, interstate or Country, choosing Arya Packers & Mover is the best move you will ever make. We have helped tens of thousands of people to move home and office every year for over twelve years, Because we know that every single removal is different, we take care to find our your removals needs and provide a service that is personal to you in every detail. Grievance Redressal Mechanism: We have close tie-ups with various insurance agencies like Cholamandalam, Kotak etc where we monitor each and every shifting through these agencies to maintain the security of the goods which the customer wants to shift. Apart from this we take the responsibility of our labour and the issues associated with the shifting.
- prattusha chakrabortyon 7 Jan, 20185.0I had a very good experience. They used good packing material and handled all my stuff with care.ashutosh bishton 8 Dec, 20175.0i went with Mahalakshmi relocation services when I was shifting from Gurgaon to Bangalore. The services were alright, just that my delivery got delayed by a few days. Rest everything was fine
Introduction: Year of Establishment: 2004 Number Of Employees: 25+ Completed Projects: 15000+ Fleet In-House: Yes Branches in Other Cities: Yes, In metro cities across India Mode of Payment: Cheque, Cash (We take 80% advance payment for in-line shifting) Introduction: Maha Lakshmi Relocation Services is an established and experienced packers and movers company in India. We are an eminent moving company in the Mumbai region and renowned for our quality services. We take good care of your stuff while moving, right from packing of goods, loading them into the truck with care, transportation of goods from origin to destination point and then unloading of goods from the vehicle, unpacking of goods with safety & finally up to rearrangement of your household or corporate shifting or complete relocation solutions. You can just expect the best from us. Grievance Redressal Mechanism: People usually face the problem of the security of their goods which is covered with the help of insurance. We take the responsibility of the Domestic Moving and provide Insurance for the interstate moving @ 3%. In a case of any delay in the service, we request the customer to cooperate or we make the necessary compensation if there is any. Year of Establishment: 2004 Number Of Employees: 25+ Completed Projects: 15000+ Fleet In-House: Yes Branches in Other Cities: yes in major city's Mode of Payment: Cheque, Cash (We take 80% advance payment for in-line shifting) Introduction: Maha Lakshmi Relocation Services is an established and experienced packers and movers company in India. We are an eminent moving company in the Mumbai region and renowned for our quality services. We take good care of your stuff while moving, right from packing of goods, loading them into the truck with care, transportation of goods from origin to destination point and then unloading of goods from the vehicle, unpacking of goods with safety & finally up to rearrangement of your household or corporate shifting or complete relocation solutions. You can just expect the best from us. Grievance Redressal Mechanism: People usually face the problem of the security of their goods which is covered with the help of insurance. We take the responsibility of the Domestic Moving and provide Insurance for the interstate moving @ 3%. In a case of any delay in the service, we request the customer to cooperate or we make the necessary compensation if there is any.
- ajay sharmaon 31 Aug, 20175.0I hired jubilant movers for house shifting recently. The quoted me ok-ok rates, so I finalised the deal. The service from their end was pretty decent. staff was helpful and hardworking. Shifting was done smoothly and safely. nice job!nimalan muthukumaron 8 Jan, 20185.0I have used for my vehicle transport from Delhi to chennai. The vehicle was moved without damage and the price was reasonable. There were some prob in vehicle delivery due to manpower unavailability but dinesh contacted me well in advance. Thankyou for all the support. I'll recommend your service and use in future.
Introduction: Jubilant Cargo Packers & Movers is a premier service providing firm that deals with the Packing and Moving of household items. We are a professionally managed company with a team of highly dedicated, specially trained, experienced and competent staff who religiously work for the satisfaction of your needs. We shift and relocate household goods to your destination, as required. Year of Establishment: 2013 Projects Completed: 400+ Number of Employees: 15+ Fleet In-House: No Branches in Other Cities: Yes, Present in- Mumbai, Vadodara,Pune,Kolkata,Bangalore,Chennai,Hyderabad Mode of Payment: Cash/Cheque Introduction: Jubilant Cargo Packers & Movers is a premier service providing firm that deals with the Packing and Moving of household items. We are a professionally managed company with a team of highly dedicated, specially trained, experienced and competent staff who religiously work for the satisfaction of your needs. We shift and relocate household goods to your destination, as required. Grievance Redressal Mechanism: People usually face the problem of the security of their goods which is covered with the help of insurance. We take the responsibility of the Domestic Moving and provide Insurance for the interstate moving @ 3% supported by all the large insurance giants. Address: B/81, Phase -1, New Palam Vihar,Gurgaon Work Address F/115A,Phase-1,New Palam Vihar,Gurgaon 122017
- raghav kulkarnion 2 Sep, 20175.0I needed to transfer some musical instruments from Delhi to Pune and Vaishno Packers & Movers were hired by me for the same. Since, these were musical instruments, I required some heavy boxes for the transfer to keep them safe during the transition. They helped me with my requirement and provided me with those boxes. Even the prices were competitive as compared to the market rates.kaushtav dason 25 Dec, 20175.0On time delivery, prompt response and no damages, what more can anyone ask for. Cheers and all the best to themkaushtav dason 25 Dec, 20175.0On time delivery, prompt response and no damages, what more can anyone ask for. Cheers and all the best to them
Related Packers & Movers Services
You may also like
Where are you shifting?
Customer Reviews of Packers & Movers in Gurgaon
- tarun kumar hired reliable packers & moverson 18 Jan, 20184.0
Packing and all were good .but they are not on time for packing and pickup the luggage.
- anshuman singh hired dlf safe packers and moverson 18 Jan, 20185.0
NEW DELHI TO KANPUR... one day delivery... superb... affordable... nice service... Service is affordable... But at the time of booking please confirm about the GST and extra charges... read more
- ankit rajora hired d s packers and moverson 16 Jan, 20185.0
Good Work👍 DS PACKERS AND MOVERS. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING.
- shiwali arora narang hired alakh cargo packers and moverson 16 Jan, 20185.0
Best service in the town.very reliable and supportive team
- saurabh bansal hired bhagwati packers & moverson 15 Jan, 20185.0
Very good service.
- malka chaudhary hired saraswati cargo relocationon 15 Jan, 20185.0
Guys were so good n hardworking....
Recent Projects of Packers & Movers in Gurgaon
Kendriya Vihar, Gurugram, Haryana, IndiaCustomer
M. SinghalBooked on 19 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsRelocation Type
Outside Delhi/NCRWhat is to be moved
HomeSee full request
Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi, IndiaCustomer
P.Booked on 19 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsRelocation Type
Within Delhi/NCRWhat to shift
1 Room/few household items : Rs. 5,000 approxSee full request
Mayfield Garden, Gurugram, Haryana, IndiaCustomer
JgeorgeBooked on 19 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsRelocation Type
Outside Delhi/NCRWhat is to be moved
HomeSee full request
89718, Aam Bagh, Gandhi Colony, Mehrauli, New Delhi, Delhi 110030, IndiaCustomer
S. GuptaBooked on 19 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsRelocation Type
Within Delhi/NCRWhat to shift
1 Room/few household items : Rs. 5,000 approxSee full request
B112, Arjun Park, Nangli Sakrawati, Delhi, 110043, IndiaCustomer
R. SinghBooked on 19 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsRelocation Type
Within Delhi/NCRWhat to shift
2BHK : Rs. 8,500 approxSee full request
Sector 31, Gurugram, Haryana, IndiaCustomer
RajeshBooked on 19 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsRelocation Type
Within Delhi/NCRWhat to shift
3BHK : Rs. 10,500 approxSee full request
684, E 2 Vasant Kunj, Sector E2, Mahipalpur Village, Delhi, IndiaCustomer
S. DsouzaBooked on 19 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsRelocation Type
Outside Delhi/NCRWhat is to be moved
HomeSee full request
Chhatarpur, Street Number 1, Chhatarpur Enclave, New Delhi, Delhi 110074, IndiaCustomer
A. KumarBooked on 19 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsRelocation Type
Within Delhi/NCRWhat to shift
2BHK : Rs. 8,500 approxSee full request
Mandi House, New Delhi, Delhi, IndiaCustomer
KevinBooked on 19 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsRelocation Type
Outside IndiaWhat to shift
Few household items/ Few cartonsSee full request
Sector 62 NoidaCustomer
N. SinhaBooked on 19 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsRelocation Type
Within Delhi/NCRWhat to shift
1BHK : Rs. 6,500 approxSee full request
Tell us your requirements and get custom quotes with profiles within 24 hours from upto 5 interested Packers & Movers.
Table: Details of Truck Size and Cost for Hiring Packers and Movers in Delhi From UrbanClap
Hiring Guide for Packers & Movers in Gurgaon
Packers and Movers in Delhi NCR
Moving requires proper planning whether you are shifting within the city or outside. And no matter how much you plan, it can still be a nerve-wracking experience if you don’t hire the right help, a.k.a. packers and movers. How professional and efficient packers and movers are is what makes the difference. So, how can we at UrbanClap make this a comfortable and memorable experience? Read on to know more.
How To Hire The Best Packers And Movers In Delhi
- Start with the list of items to move: Even before you start looking for the best packers and movers in Delhi, you should make a list of items that will be moved. Start with the number of rooms in your current apartment. Go from room to room and identify which furniture and items in that room will you take along. For example, will you continue with the old bed or buy a new one. Narrowing down the items to be moved will complete the major part of the task.
- Decide the date of relocation: Deciding the date of relocation is important as it will help you know the availability of professional packers and movers in Delhi. Make sure that the date is already conveyed to your current and future landlord if you are staying in and moving to a rented house. Also, try to plan your house shifting during or near the weekend so that you get some time to settle into your new place.
- Log on to UrbanClap.com. Once you have the answers to the above-mentioned points, you are ready to hire packers and movers. When you login, you will have to fill a small questionnaire that will help us find the best packers and movers near you matching your needs. • Vehicle type: Choose this based on the number of rooms in your current accommodation. For example, if you are staying in a 2-bhk apartment, you will need a 14-ft truck to transport your belongings. Check out the table below to know your exact requirements and related costs. • Relocation date: Enter the date you have decided, and you are all set. • Booking accepted: Once you enter all the details, your booking will be accepted. Soon after, you will receive quotations from 3-4 trained and verified packers and movers.
- Choose the best packer and mover in Delhi: When you start receiving quotes from the leading packers and movers in Delhi, check their UrbanClap profiles in detail. Look for their years of experience, customer reviews, number of services completed. You can ask the professionals to come to your house to do a quick review of the items to be shipped. This will also help them assess how many days prior to moving day should they come and start packing. Note, it is important that all items be packed before moving day to ensure your belongings reach their destination timely and can be assembled.
- Confirm your professional: Once you have met all the pros and compared their quotations, finalize the one that best fits your requirements.
Being the national capital and perhaps the most important city of India, Delhi witnesses regular inflow and outflow of people. Right from the time it was established as a capital and even before, in the years after independence, and even now in the 21st century, people in the city move to far-flung places across the country to work or to explore new opportunities. With so much movement to and from Delhi, the packers and movers industry in the city has emerged to become one of the most developed and professional ones in the country.
This has also resulted in increased competition and price has been the key bargaining chip. If you ask around you are likely to hear quite a variation in prices. Not many will tell you that they can offer very low prices because they do not guarantee your items arriving in the same state in which they were packed or being a few weeks late, especially if you are moving to a remote part of the country.
This is why we at UrbanClap offer you vetted and trustworthy movers and packers in Delhi who are as good as their word. We are so sure of our professionals, that we even give you a Rs 10,000 insurance to cover for any losses. Whether you want to move within the city or outside, we can vouch for our movers and packers to do the job better than how you would have thought they would.
Planning is the most important part of undertaking any major activity, and moving is no different. Instead of opting for a we’ll-decide-on-the-last-day approach, it makes sense to plan ahead, weeks ahead and not just days! So, here’s our recommendation on how you should plan your move:
- Find the best packer and mover service after vetting at least 3 pros: Given the number of packing and moving companies offering this service nowadays, it’s important that you have a solid vetting process. To know more on this, read: If you are opting for the do-it-yourself way, keep in mind the following points: a) Call your friends or family 2-4 weeks in advance: Packing is not a one-man job. Some extra pair of hands will help you wrap up faster and more efficiently. But, make sure you call only those who can actually help you with the task ahead and not those who might end up wanting a pajama party. The less mess and more actual work the better. b) Get boxes and other packing supplies: If you are planning to pack stuff on your own, you would have to buy the following items: Boxes Tapes Clear plastic bags Ziploc bags Labels or Post-its Permanent markers Stickers Masking tape for glass frames and mirrors Scissors Towels, thermocol and bubble wrap for fragile items Packing ropes to tie the boxes Cardboard covers for beds and almirahs Note, we say “buy” as opposed to the common practice of getting them from your neighbourhood grocery or kirana shop. The reason is simple, the free boxes that get offered from these stores are worn out and usually in a very bad shape. You will end up using most of your tape in fixing up these boxes rather than in packing your belongings. Better to buy durable and sturdy packing boxes than jeopardize your valuables.
- Purge your home: One of the advantages of moving houses is the cleaning up part. We don’t mean the sweeping and dusting kind but more specifically the one where you rid your house of unwanted objects. From the clothes you no longer fit in or haven’t worn in ages to broken furniture that’s barely keeping it together, relocation gives you an opportunity to clean up. Take a look: a. Donate old and unused clothing b. Donate old toys, games and books c. Throw or shred old office files or other unimportant paperwork d. Get rid of furniture you no longer need, better still put it up on sale on OLX e. Donate old utensils f. Throw away worn out or broken display items By doing this, you will be able to reduce your belongings and make space for new stuff. So, go to each room and inspect which items you need and which you don’t.
- Inform the utilities and phone companies: To avoid doing everything at the last minute, it’s better to discontinue some of the utility services. For example, your broadband services. In the case of TV operators, such as Tata Sky, Airtel or DishTV, you can let them know in advance about your relocation and new address to streamline the transition.
Top 5 Packing Tips while relocating
- Keep that camera handy: Take photos of furniture, appliances and other valuables that you are going to get shipped.
- Take photos of your electronic setups: These photos will act as reference for you or the electrician to set up your equipment (e.g. TV, computers, stereos and more) in the new house exactly the way it was earlier.
- Don’t overstuff boxes: While it is important that you fill the boxes right to the top to avoid the items from being crushed but don’t overstuff them either. By adding more content than the box can hold, chances are it will tear up, leaving your items in disarray and probably damaged.
- Pack heavy items first: While this may seem like a very obvious tip, we still want to put it out here. Pack your heavy items in the bottom and then place your lightweight items.
- Use small boxes for books: As books fall in the heavyweight category, it is better to pack them in multiple small boxes. This will ensure the books don’t fall out and will also split the heavy lifting involved.
Moving in India, where no two states seem to be alike, can be a daunting task. From a new address to adjusting to new regional cuisine and new city vibes, moving can be tough. As it is, packing and moving houses takes a lot out of us, add to it the thought of moving to a different state and one can feel helpless. But don’t worry, we at UrbanClap understand your concerns and have, therefore, compiled this relocation checklist for you to ease your stress. You can also hire professional packers and movers.
Things to keep in mind when shifting to a new state
- Visit the new city/state in advance: By visiting before actually moving, you will know what to expect. If you haven’t already decided on a place to stay, then this trip will be even more beneficial. You can look for places on rent where you can move in. If your move is owing to a job change, then look for a place that is closer to your office so you can avoid the snarling traffic jams.
- Choose a school for your kids: If you have kids then you know how difficult it can be to get admission during a school year. So, prepare a list of potential schools in advance and visit them when you go to the state as mentioned in step 1. At the same time, request your child’s current school to provide all necessary paperwork as soon as possible.
- Find inter-state packers and movers: Not every packer and mover offers inter-state services, so you will have to be extra careful about whom you hire.
- Decide on the items to be transported: Packer and mover rates depend on the quantity and overall weight of the goods you want to get shipped. So, it’s important that you decide the items you would really need and only get those shipped. For instance, if you have a car that you don’t really drive and may not find of much use in the new city as well, then better to sell it off. Once you have decided on the items to be shipped, talk to packers and movers and understand the pricing.
- Make a plan for shipping fragile or atypical items: If you happen to have a piano, exquisite paintings, statues, or a pool table in your house, then you would have to be extra careful. Ask your packer and mover if they have experience of delivering such items. If not, then look for a more specialised professional packer and mover near you.
- Create a binder: Make a folder of all the moving-related documents, such as receipts, agreements (in case of transportation of vehicle) and agreements (for the new place, if any).
- Label the boxes: It is important that you label the boxes properly. For example, clothes, books, utensils and more. Note, in your want to be extra cautious, do not mark everything fragile but the actual items. Similarly, don’t be so carefree as to mention valuables on the box that is carrying them.
- Create videos of valuables: In the case of appliances or expensive items that are to be transported by packers and movers, make sure that you keep “before and after” pictures or videos. These will be help you file for claims in case the professionals damage the items.
- Disconnect non-transferable services and memberships: This becomes important as you don’t want to be charged for services you are no longer availing. For example, your daily newspaper or car cleaner, you should inform them a month or a fortnight in advance. Don’t forget to call customer care teams of your TV and broadband service providers. In most cases, you will be able to transfer or relocate these services, so do check if that option is available. If you are a member of any gym, club, or library, make sure to cancel your memberships before moving out.
- Call Your Health & Car Insurance Companies: Insurance is the tricky bit. Most insurance plans, especially with health insurance, change the amount of sum you can avail in case of medical emergency when you change cities. For example, if you are moving from a tier 1 city (say Delhi) to another tier 1 city (say Mumbai), your insurance conditions will stay put but when you move to a tier 2 city (say Patna), the amount might reduce. Check with your insurance provider how the change in cities impacts your insurance and migrate to another plan if need be.
Moving overseas is a very big step and one that requires careful planning. Apart from the pointers mentioned above in Checklist For Moving To A New State, you would also need to keep in mind the following:
- Check your (and your family’s) passport: If your passport is nearing expiry (say just a year left), it’s better to get it renewed beforehand. Doing this will help you avoid the extra trip later.
- Close or migrate bank accounts and insurance plans: When moving overseas for a considerably long time, you would either have to open an NRO/NRE account or convert an existing savings account into one. An NRO (Non-Resident Ordinary Rupee) account will help you keep your India-based earnings in India while an NRE (Non-Resident Rupee) account will allow you to send your overseas earning to India in Indian Rupees. Also, your insurance plans may not work overseas, so check if you want to close them or continue paying premium to keep them running.
- Get transcripts from children’s schools: If you are moving with your family, make sure that you ask you children’s school to give you transcripts and transfer certificates. These documents will ease the school admission process for your children.
- Look for professional packers and movers: In this case, it is very important that you opt for professional packers and movers who have experience in shipping goods to overseas locations.
- Apply for international driving licence: If you intend to live abroad for a long time, it would make sense to get an international driving licence as well. Getting one before leaving will make the process hassle-free and save time.
- Get your medical records: Make sure that you and your family members get all the tests done and have all the medical reports. If you will be taking your pet along, then get them checked by a vet as well.
- Check if your appliances will work overseas: The voltage in most countries is not the same as in India. For example, in Europe and the UK it is 220-240 Volts at 50 Hertz while in the US it is 110 Volts and 60 Hertz. Therefore, for bigger appliances, it would be better to buy new ones in your destination country rather than forcibly making them function via transformers.
While packing and shifting homes might seem like a huge task, the more tedious part of it is the waiting! Waiting until your valuables are delivered safely. While we all go for a trusted packer and mover service to handle our belongings with care, it’s always wise to take some extra precautions while packing and moving your possessions. Being extra careful will keep your precious bone china gifted by mom or the vintage art pieces you so painstakingly collected, intact. 😊
Keep the following points in mind when moving your valuables:
- Create a list of inventory: List down the items you want to be handled with extra care. Listing down things and taking their pictures as well is very important because in case something goes wrong you can make a claim against the company. It’s important that you keep all your important documents stapled and filed together as well.
- Make space for the smaller items in your car/bag: Small items such as your jewellery, laptop and tablets can be safely packed in proper packages and carried with you. You can avoid the risk of losing them this way.
- Purchase the right kind of boxes: Packing valuables like bone china and precious wall arts or costly chandeliers should always be done in tough boxes specifically meant for packing. Doing them in loose crates or cartons will only double your efforts and tension. Purchase special foams and bubble wraps to pack items such as your TV, dinner sets and other works of art. Don’t forget to label your boxes on all sides after you have packed them.
- Get insurance: Make sure your home insurance covers your valuables as well. In case you lose or break any of the valuables, you can get a cover against them.
- Pack your dishes sideways: It’s always safer to pack your dishes sideways after covering them in bubble wraps and brown paper. This will ensure they don’t break as the pressure won’t fall directly on them.
- Buy painter’s tape: Use painter’s tape to mark boxes with extra fragile items so that the workers can handle them with care. Packing and moving places is a big task but if you pack them right, half of your burden is reduced. Also choose a trusted and experienced Packer and Mover to do this work. With UrbanClap, you can never go wrong as all the Packers and Movers listed with us are verified and approved.
Moving houses can be a real task especially when it involves packing all your household items and moving to an entirely new city. Shifting inter-city is a huge responsibility too, given that you must pack everything correctly to avoid confusion and mess later. Most of the time, we decide to pack up and move on our own, i.e. without the help of a packer and mover. During such times, we underestimate the effort required and end up working double time. Hence, to make the process simpler for you, we have compiled a list of packing mistakes you should avoid while relocating, to make your movement into a now house or city a comfortable one.
- Doing it yourself: Most of the people, specially bachelors who have to shift because of a recent change in the job, try to pack things themselves to avoid extra expenses. What we fail to contemplate upon is the fact that packing things require a proper planning and execution. It’s always recommended that you hire a trusted packer and mover for the same. But if you are on a limited budget and want to do it yourself, we would suggest you plan it out well in advance. You can also ask your generous neighbour and a couple of good friends to lend you a helping hand.
- Avoid last-minute packing: As mentioned above, postponing your packing to the last minute will make it even more difficult. Trust us when we say this, packing a single carton a day will help you organize your stuff better and by the time you are ready to move, almost all your packing will be done. Before shifting to a new place, you also need to settle any pending things like settling your bill with the grocery store or paying off your rent or electricity bill. A lot of small but urgent work might come up and therefore it’s advisable you take time while packing and complete it well in advance.
- Comparing solely on pricing: We generally tend to go for a packer and mover service because we know that they have the requisite equipment. But, how can we be so sure of their loyalty to handle our valuable goods with care? While packers and movers offering to shift our houses at much cheaper rates appeal to us, we end up compromising on the quality of packing and in some cases, the safety of our valuable things as well. Hence, it is very important that we do a thorough background check before banking on a P&M and not solely choosing one, based on their pricing.
- Not taking customer feedback seriously Online packer and mover services should be hired after doing a thorough research on the customer feedback. These reviews or testimonials reveal a lot about the packer and mover – their quality of service, efficiency and professionalism. While hiring a packer and mover, it’s important to do a professional check-up of the provider. The following points should be kept in mind: • Do they have a valid license? • Do they have a valid service tax registration number? • Do they use bubble wraps or any other method to cover your fragile items? • Do they have proper dismantling and fixing equipment for your furniture? • What payment model do they follow, i.e., only cash or digital payment is acceptable?
- Note: UrbanClap provides only verified and trained packers and movers in Delhi. Also, we accept cash and digital payments. Moreover, we provide a Rs 10,000 insurance to cover any damages should any untoward accident happen.
- Using low-quality packing material: A very common mistake we make is, not purchasing proper packaging supplies. While we can pack our articles in a plain cardboard box, it won’t give the required support to your items and they will have a greater tendency to break apart and fall. Hence, it’s important that we categorize our belongings and pack things accordingly. Fragile items should always be covered in bubble wraps and then put inside a strong cardboard packing box.
- Packing EVERYTHING: Packing without a plan can land you in a serious trouble. If you push your packing to the last moment, thinking you have the time, it will only complicate the process further because many things should be kept in mind while packing to ensure it goes smoothly. Packing up everything is never a good idea! You can try discarding clothes and items you won’t be using anymore. Also, you can pack an emergency bag where you can keep a few things handy such as things you might require anytime.
- Over-Stuffed Boxes: Never over-stuff your boxes! Forcibly putting things into a single box will only damage your valuables further. Segregate your items and put them in separate boxes. For example, all glass wares should be bubble wrapped and put in the same box and clothes should be put in separate boxes, kitchen tools can go in another box and likewise other house hold items, all in separate boxes. If you are not sure about doing it yourself, you can always opt for professionally trusted P&M services from UrbanClap.
- Too Many Helpers: You must have heard of the saying, “too many cooks spoil the broth”. It specially holds true when you have too many heads working on the same thing as packing! While it’s good to ask for help from your neighbours or friends, too many people doing the same thing will worsen it. So, seek help from limited people whom you can trust completely with this responsibility.
- Not labelling the boxes: Labelling your boxes is the MOST important part of your packing! Unless you label them, you will be thrown in a pool of confusion later. You must make it a point to label the boxes from all sides clearly mentioning the type of items and handling instructions, as too many unlabelled boxes can confuse the most organized man as well.
- Communicate with your professional: When you have hired a professional Packer and Mover, make it a point to clearly tell them your needs and how you want things to be done. Most of them already are experts and carry all kinds of equipment with them, but you should still communicate with them well in advance. Most importantly verify original papers and understand the process from loading to delivery so that you don’t have to worry about that later.
- Verified Companies : We use only the top-rated, government-licensed and ISO-certified movers. We recruit the best packers and movers in India and make them undergo further extensive training so that you get the best services every single time.
- Competitive Prices: When you book a request to hire packers and movers in Delhi on the UrbanClap app or site, you will get quotes from 3-4 professionals. You can choose from among these based on the cost they are quoting, their experience and customer reviews. Further, to ensure transparent pricing, we have provided an approximate cost estimate so that you know whether what you are being charged is the standard rate.
- Superior Packaging Materials: Your belongings are priceless not only because of their value but also because of the memories they have. From your grandmother’s dining set to your kid’s first school project, they need love and care while moving. Our packers use high quality material and break proof packaging that ensure your stuff reaches you in the same condition in which they were packed.
- UrbanClap Guarantee: We provide you with a guarantee of up to Rs 10,000 against damages caused to your items during relocation by our professionals. While we have the best packers and movers in India on our platform who do their utmost to keep your items intact, unintended mishaps can still happen. Therefore, we provide a Rs 10,000 guarantee against such instances.
When moving to a new home, it’s important to ensure that it’s not just ready-to-move-in but ready to live in. So, how does one ensure that? The following are some of the important services you should get done before moving into your new house:
- Pest Control: The house you move in may have pests such as rodents, termites, etc. which can be a nightmare to deal with later. It is best to use our pest control services and get rid of them before you move in.
- Painting: Sometimes, you may not get a house that has been freshly painted. Nothing can be as depressing as a house whose paint is peeling and flaking. Our painters are here to help you move into a freshly painted home.
- Electrician: It is maddening when switches do not work, lights do not lit up or the fuse is blown. But these are a part of life when you move to a new house in a new city. Use our electricians to tackle all these problems.
- AC & Geyser Installation: From putting up ACs in the living room and bedrooms to ensuring bathrooms and kitchens have their geysers in place, our AC and geyser installation experts take care of it all for your family.
- RO Water Installation: There is nothing as essential as clean drinking water. You can buy water when you move into a new house or simply use our RO water installation services to get fresh drinking water at home.
- Home Deep Cleaning: It is important that you get all your furniture, floors, kitchen, bathrooms, etc. cleaned after the house shifting is complete. We are the go-to experts for these services. Give us a buzz to get everything spick and span.
Are you a Packer & Mover looking for customers ?join now