Best Nutritionists & Dietitians for your health in New Delhi
Dieting, dieting, dieting! Tired of hearing that everywhere you go? Thanks to UrbanClap that provides the best nutritionists in Delhi for all your demands. Be it about setting up a customized nutrition chart, or about a balanced diet plan for weight loss, or about how much of that delicious cheese you should eat, our experienced nutritionists in Delhi are always there on their toes for everything you need. Since we have the most experienced dieticians in Delhi and the best nutritionists in Delhi with us, we assure you the best. Say yes to UrbanClap!
- Hiring Guide
470 Dieticians & Nutritionists in New Delhi
Dieticians & Nutritionists at UrbanClap served 1040 requests in New Delhi in the last 30 days as of 15 Jan, 2018. An average request in Dieticians & Nutritionists Category costs around Rs. 2783. The providers on-boarded on UrbanClap are approved only after an extensive background scrutiny and customers reference checks.
- Mayur Vihar, Delhi, Indiaswation 22 Oct, 20175.0The diet plans by the nutritionist, Ina didn't work great for me. I was not satisfied with the sessions of hers, therefore , I quit taking her service. Though , the prices were okay but acoording to me the service was not up to the mark.sandeepon 23 Oct, 20175.0Ina was my dietician. I did not take the service. Suffering from dengue so I did not take the services at all. I will take the services from Urbanclap in the coming times no doubt.sandeepon 23 Oct, 20175.0Ina was my dietician. I did not take the service. Suffering from dengue so I did not take the services at all. I will take the services from Urbanclap in the coming times no doubt.
- siddhanton 8 Jan, 20185.0I am still availing the sessions of the nutritionist,Shiimpy Matharu. The diet chart is very effective for me. I am totally satisfied with the service that I took from UrbanClap. The pricing is a little steep but its worth the service taken.siddhanton 8 Jan, 20185.0I am still availing the sessions of the nutritionist,Shiimpy Matharu. The diet chart is very effective for me. I am totally satisfied with the service that I took from UrbanClap. The pricing is a little steep but its worth the service taken.
Introduction: Dt. Shiimpy here, I can promise ,i will be your last search when it comes to the right weight loss or weight gain because we firmly believe in not just weight loss but actual fat loss along with superb inch loss by targeting your balanced diet. Currently, I am associated with Gold Gym and Ozone Gyms and Spas as a Visiting Dietician. I have given beautiful results to hundreds of clients across the country along with few international clients too. My articles also got published in leading newspapers like HT City. Join our health programs to shape out your body.. Professional Experience: 3 Years Organisations Served: -Working as a freelance dietician.. -Working with Gold Gyms as a Visiting Dietician -Also working as Corporate dietician with Ozone Health Clubs and Spas -Served VLCC -Served Rediscover health clinics -Worked as Nutritionist cum Health trainer with Smart Value Qualifications: -Advanced Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics, YMCA, New Delhi -Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics. -Short term course in Sports Nutrition. -Course inNational Diabetes Eductor Programme (Dr. Mohan Diabetes Education Academy) Specializations: -Weight-gain -Weight-loss -Diabetes -PCOD -PCOS -Renal -Cardiac -Sports Nutrition -Pregnancy -Therapeutic Diet -Clinical Nutrition
- Delhisaurav guptaon 22 Oct, 20175.0Go Diets was a very good and professional team. The Diet plan was easy to follow, but my schedule was hectic so it became difficult to follow it. i was paying 3k per month. Yes, they were nice and friendly. The best part is that they they stay in touch daily.robin duttaon 8 Jan, 20185.0My experience was pretty good, I hired her for weight reduction, i was provided a diet chart that was so easy to implement. She is an expert i'd say. They plan the diet chart according to your lifestyle and the price she has charged for the same, i find it very reasonable.
Introduction: Go Diets brings you a Weight Management Program. It consists of a group of Dieticians, Nutritionists, and Wellness experts, which helps customize your program that suits your individual requirements & preferences. We have worked hard as a team to develop a scientific approach to our weight management services. The motto of Team Go diets is to provide its weight management services to the common man at affordable price and not to keep it restricted to the richer class. Professional Experience: 10 Years Organizations Served: -Worked with reputed hospitals and health centers across Delhi Qualifications: -M.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics (Delhi University) Specializations: -Weight-loss -Therapeutic-diet
- gurnam sachdevaon 25 Sep, 20175.0Awsum dietician Got 5 kgs weight loss in one monthshallu sachdevaon 25 Sep, 20175.0Got 7 kgs weight loss in one month ... Very nice and professional dietician
Introduction: Introduction: A well-presented, self-motivated and confident dietician with experience of assessment of nutritional needs, development and implementation of nutrition programs, I possess the ability to communicate complex and sensitive information about dietary matters in an understandable form to patients. I have proven track record of successfully promoting healthy eating habits to communities and suggesting diet modifications to individuals. Professional Experience: 2 Years Organisations Served: -Divine Wellness Clinic, Delhi (Dietician) -Body Care, New Delhi (Dietician) Qualifications: Diploma in Nutrition and Health Management, YMCA Delhi Specialization: -Weight-gain -Weight-loss -Diabetes -PCOD -PCOS -Renal -Cardiac -Sports Nutrition -Pregnancy -Therapeutic Diet -Clinical Nutrition
- kuljeet maanon 7 Jan, 20185.0Dear Monika.. I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the change u brought in my lifestyle by ur tips and guidance… I lost almost 6 kg in less than 1 months all thanks to your diet plans and guidance… The biggest change u have made is in my outlook towards food… I am glad that I made the decision of consulting you and this 1 month have changed d way I eat food… Thanks for making me a healthier person …. I have not only lost those extra kilos but I am able to maintain d weight loss through your tips… Thanks a ton and best wishes to u…. BCZ OF U I DONT NEED MY DIABETES MEDICINES ANY MORE I am not taking it from a month and my sugar levels are stable thanks to u the best part of u is u always available to provide immidiate reply and guidence just a message away and me and my wife will follow you further and need your more help to reduce more and stay fit in life . wishing u good luck for the hard job you are doing by heartlydharamvir singhon 30 Dec, 20175.0Mokina is Excellent & Superb, I am very busy person with very less time as I work in oil & gas Operation in remote location in desert in OMAN and eat food from mess hence for me it was impossible to reduce weight due to limited choice of food eating & less time for workout BUT want to thank Monika for all her help & continual support. I have lost over 5 kgs so far, over 2 weeks’ period. I have also lost over 3 inches from my waist. I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful I feel since these changes. I've tried many other diets through Web / Youtube and friends adivce but none has even come close to the success I've had over the past 2 weeks from following your recommendations and from what I've learned using the Personal Diet. At first counseling through Whatsup App, Monika asked about my current life style, food habits, likes/dislikes, medical history etc. & recommended few blood tests. Based on my complete details, she made some changes to my diet. I followed her adivce, and to my complete amazement, I felt better within a week!! I couldn't believe it- it was completely life changing. I continued my sessions with her and continued to follow the plan she put together for me and my crazy life-style. I look and feel amazing!!! Mokina taught me so many tips and tricks for eating healthy in any situation- work events, weddings, traveling, dinner parties etc. She also show how to dissect restaurant menus, read ingredient labels, what to put in your grocery cart, and how to cook delicious healthy meals. Simply, she is the *BEST NUTRITIONIST / DIETICIAN * I ever came across. Her passion, talent and understanding towards nutrition is simply superb. I won't hesitate to say that it will be the best money & time I ever spend. I feel empowered and know how to take care of my body, feeling amazing & look amazing. I would love to thank you in person but realize how many others you have had that have expressed similar request after they have succeeded on your diets. I really feel like I'm on my way now and just thought others should know how wonderful you and your program are." "I have gotten truly expert advice from you as well as quick responses to all my questions. I had no idea just how much difference a diet professional could make and have been truly satisfied with the whole program- from the cost and value of the program. Thank you so much !!
Introduction: I have been working purely on result oriented field of Diet and nutrition. I believe that food and eating is a universal cultural experience and an entirely individual practice. I do not just lay down strict diet but help you making a realistic change in your life style while enjoying your food. I focus on all aspects like balancing diet, mind, body and soul together. Experience: 5 Qualification: Diploma in Dietetics, Health and Nutrition from VLCC, 2011 Gender: Female Organisations Served: -Running my freelance diet consultancy -Holy Family, Dietician -Jaipur Golden Hospital, Dietician -Just for Heart, Dietician Specialisation: -Weight-loss -Weight-gain -Thyroid -Clinical Nutrition -PCOD -Diabetics
- hanisha kapooron 23 Feb, 20175.0Hi shreya, this is purely for you “MAKE YOU LEARN,RATHER TO EARN” is what you believe in. You have taught how to manage my eating habits even after such a busy schedule. I had never had sucha good experience with any dietician in delhi.I think you broke the ice,people like you are ver y few who help to make others fit rather than olny aiming at earning money.I really loved the way ou say “sari zindagi dieting thori karni hai”. Really I am glad to meet you,though I wans’t able to follow complete diet but it was a great journey with you for 3 months.I wil get connected to you again ver soon. Cheers!!!keep smiling!!manish (bangalore)on 23 Feb, 20175.0Hey shreya,sorry for bringing this up late,but the fact is that I can’t thank you enough for the change I have undone.The transition I have gone through is not something I could have ever expected, that too in such a small duration.This is just incredible.Honestly,this is the first time I ever consulted a dietician and I had my own nightmares about dieting,but it was so wonderful with you that even after following up with you for over 3 months.i still feel so motivated.Although, as we have been discussing about my progress and you still think that the job is half done,for me it has come ata point when I really lost hopes,So thank you for everything and yes our follow-ups will continue til I really get to a point I alwayz dream off.You rock and please keep bringing happiness to people’s lives as you are already doing.
Introduction: Dt. Shreya Katyal is the founder of online diet consultancy -Health & U. Health & U is all about having a healthy lifestyle, to remain fit and young forever We offer Weight Loss, Weight Gain, Pregnancy & Therapeutic Diets. We have delivered great results to our clients related to all kind of issues related to food and nutrition. Professional experience: 2 Years Organizations Served: -Having my own freelance diet consultancy -Diet mantra Clinic as a dietitian. (2014 - present) Educational Qualification: Diploma in Dietetics, Health and Nutrition , VLCC ( 2013 ) Specialization Details: -Weight Management -Therapeutic Diet -Sports Nutrition
- reena punjon 8 Jan, 20185.0Excellent service. Lost 8 kgs in 3 months. Diet charts provided are really easy to follow and doesnot leave one starving. Dt. Raminder's always available on call to answer any queries or concerns.harmeet oberoion 3 Jan, 20185.0I m very much satisfied and happy with Mam and plans made by her. Now I can manage my weight with my two small kids. Mam is very soft spoken and speaks very politely.
Introduction: I'm one of the top Dietitians you'll find in Delhi. I am having a vast experience of more than 20 years in this field. My diet plans are appreciated, Extremely accurate and efficient. You can get in touch with me for all sorts of Diet/Nutrition based concerns. Professional Experience: 20 Years Organizations Served: -Jeewan Mala Hospital (Consultant dietitian) -Maharaja Agrasen Hospital (Consultant Dietitian) -Jankidas Kapoor Hospital (Consultant Dietitian) -Currently running her freelance diet consultancy Qualification: -Diploma in Dietetics Public Health and Nutrition from Delhi University Membership: Indian Dietetic Association (IDA) Specialization: -Weight-gain -Weight-loss -Diabetes -PCOD -PCOS -Renal -Cardiac -Pregnancy -Therapeutic Diet -Clinical Nutrition
- neha bhardwajon 4 Jun, 20165.0she is an amazing dietitian. Had followed her diet for 4months and lost 4kgs.She was really good in communicating things and was very helpfull. i am very satisfied with her plans.akash jainon 15 Sep, 20165.0I have been very happy with the results of suggestions provided to me by Shrishti! Looking forward to a healthy life because of her :)
Introduction: I specialize in online and telephonic diet counseling program in order to reach out to people who need direction towards good health and weight management ( medical / non-medical). I have given consultation to many people with successful results. Experience: 2+ Years Organizations Served: -VLCC 2012-2013 -Also running her own freelance diet clinic Qualification: -B.Sc. Home Science (Lady Irwin College), 2009 -M.Sc. Food and Nutrition (Amity University), 2012 Specialization: -Weight Management -Therapeutic Diet
- fatima mahdi karanon 8 Dec, 20175.0Poonam is a gem. She is so amazing, completely loved her.Everyone should hire her. She got my concerns at once and focussed on each and every detail I gave. Super amazing attitude and very heplful lady. She is surely a 5/5.niketa shokeenon 8 Dec, 20175.0i have taken few sessions from her it was really helpfull but after some time it was not making me slim and for me it was wastage of money so i dropped the idea
Introduction: I give immense attention to my clients. I educate and empower my clients to the extent that are able to look after themselves for a lifetime. Moreover after the program is over I answer to my ex-clients queries and stay in touch with them. I have given consultation to many clients with different issues ie. lifestyle-related diseases, weight management etc. I give immense attention to my clients. I educate and empower my clients to the extent that are able to look after themselves for a lifetime. Moreover after the program is over I answer to my ex-clients queries and stay in touch with them. I have given consultation to many clients with different issues ie. lifestyle-related diseases, weight management etc. Professional Experience: 3 years Organizations Served: -VLCC ( 2013 - 2014 ) -Diet studio ( 2014 -2015 ) -Palam airport station as a dietitian ( 2014 - Present ) -Also providing diet consultation on freelance basis Educational Qualifications: -Certification as an aerobic instructor, Reebok ( 2009 ) -Diploma Nutrition and Health Education, VLCC ( 2012 ) -Certification in Child nutrition, VLCC ( 2013 ) -Diploma in Nutrition and health education, IGNOU ( 2014 ) -Bachelor of alternate medicine, Indian board of alternative medicine ( 2015 ) Specialization Details: -Lifestyle counselling -Weight Management -Weight loss -Weight gain -Diets for diabetes, PCOD, Thyroid. Heart related, Gout etc. Counselling for lifestyle management.
You may also like
Need dietician's help with:
Customer Reviews of Dieticians & Nutritionists in New Delhi
- manju singh hired dr. poojaon 15 Jan, 20185.0
I have hired for my mom and the results r very fast ,easy diet, she feels energetic & happy, lost 3 kg in 2 weeks only, thanks a lot. read more
- himani saini hired dr. poojaon 15 Jan, 20185.0
I am very satisfied with this experience. I lost 3 kg weight in around 1week withall healthy deit plan shared by Pooja. I recommend everyone to try once. read more
- umar malik hired afrah naazon 11 Jan, 20185.0
Best dietician, best counselling, God bless you
- pankaj hired divyaon 8 Jan, 20185.0
Excellent Dietician. She gives effective diet plans as per body requirements. Helps in staying motivated throughout. Thanks Divya for your interesting and effective diet plans . Lost 2 kgs in one week! Hope to reach the desired weight soon. read more
- anurag hired divyaon 20 Dec, 20175.0
I've been to a few nutritionists in the past and nothing has ever worked for me. Thankfully I found Divya. She was amazing. Totally understood and listened to what I needed and was looking for. She gave me a clear and comprehensive meal plan. Have already recommended her to others! read more
- ankit bhardwaj hired mansha bhardwajon 20 Dec, 20175.0
I was trying to reduce my belly fat for last 7 months but some how I was not getting my desired result. Then I got to know about her in a seminar conducted by her and her team in our Gym. I must say I start seeing the difference and the good part is my strength and the size of my upper body is not reducing. Diet plan given by her help me in reducing my belly fat only not my biceps or chest size. My strength also increase and I can see that in weight lifting and while doing cardio. Totally worth it. read more
Recent Projects of Dieticians & Nutritionists in New Delhi
Huda, Sector 23, Gurugram, Haryana, IndiaCustomer
K. DhimanBooked on 15 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
MaleSee full request
Sector 54, Gurugram, Haryana, IndiaCustomer
R. GuptaBooked on 15 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Weight LossCustomer's gender
FemaleSee full request
Mandi House, New Delhi, Delhi, IndiaCustomer
A. K.Booked on 15 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Weight LossCustomer's gender
FemaleSee full request
Mansarover Garden New DelhiCustomer
JyotiBooked on 15 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Weight LossCustomer's gender
FemaleSee full request
Moti Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi, IndiaCustomer
G. K. RainaBooked on 15 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Weight LossCustomer's gender
FemaleSee full request
Sector Omega 1, Omega IV, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201310, IndiaCustomer
M. SinghBooked on 15 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Weight LossCustomer's gender
FemaleSee full request
Noida Sector 15 Bus Station, Sector 15, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, IndiaCustomer
V. SaxenaBooked on 15 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Weight LossCustomer's gender
FemaleSee full request
Kabool Nagar, Shahdara, Delhi, Delhi, IndiaCustomer
R. SharmaBooked on 15 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Improving medical condition (PCOD, Thyroid, Diabetes etc.)Customer's gender
MaleSee full request
Sector 49, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, IndiaCustomer
A. SinghBooked on 15 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Weight LossCustomer's gender
FemaleSee full request
DLF Phase 3, Gurgaon, Haryana, IndiaCustomer
G. SainiBooked on 15 Jan, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Weight LossCustomer's gender
MaleSee full request
Tell us your requirements and get custom quotes with profiles within 24 hours from upto 5 interested dieticians.
Hiring Guide for Dieticians & Nutritionists in New Delhi
Nutritionists in Delhi NCR
Any Delhite will have noticed a rise in obesity over the past few years among the city’s residents. If you think back to the 1990s of your childhood or the first decade of the 21st century, you will remember most people in the colony being quite fit and healthy. But as time progressed, more and more people seemed to be putting on weight. Binge eating and surviving on junk food now seems to be the norm. The fact that Delhi has some of the tastiest snacks in India also adds to the problem. All these reasons make a nutritionist necessary for us to get back our health. At UrbanClap, we bring to you a selection of some of the best dieticians in Delhi who can help you change your diet plan and revitalise your health. We will look at some of the top reasons why you need a nutritionist, common diet plans, understand how diet can cure health issues and things you ought to keep in mind while working with a nutritionist.
With growing lifestyle diseases and more awareness of healthy eating even at old age, dietitians have become an invaluable part of our efforts to stay healthy and fit. These experts do what we try to do but are mostly unable to because of lack of information and to an extent, sustained effort. Most of us do not have an idea what suits us and end up eating what our family eats at home and what friends or colleagues eat outside. The pervasive presence of tasty junk food also ensures we do not stay on track despite best efforts. Let us look at some top reasons why you need to find a nutritionist in Delhi or elsewhere.
- Get the Right Advice: Adopting a healthy lifestyle is more than just going to the gym regularly. If you have been following a traditional diet, drastic changes may be required. You can go online, ask your friends, or talk to your colleagues at work to find the secret formula that worked wonders for them. More often than not, you are likely to be thoroughly confused once you have read online articles and heard everyone’s advice. The amount of conflicting information is bad enough to give you second thoughts about changing your diet. If you type in ‘nutritionist near me’ you are likely to get dietitians who can help you get the right advice. You can also fill our easy-fill form to get a professional nutritionist to help you out.
- Understand the Concept of Eating Right: A healthy diet is about more than balancing calories. If you do manage to come up with a plan of your own, it will likely have other shortcomings. Further, it is not always possible to buy the kind of food you need at a local market. Popular low-carb diets you may find online will recommend food that you will be hard-pressed to find in India, even in metros like Delhi. And even if you find them, you may not know how to cook or prepare them the ‘right’ way. Most food is edible if you boil it in water long enough though it is unlikely to be palatable even after adding copious amounts of spices. Does adopting a healthy diet mean sacrificing good taste forever? Is adopting a healthy lifestyle really this difficult? Thankfully, the answer to both these questions is ‘No’.
- Analyse Your Current Diet: Consulting a qualified nutritionist can help you get through all the stages of changing your eating habits and even other lifestyle changes. The early period of determining what kind of changes you need to make, and even the realization that a transition is a necessity is usually referred to as the “contemplation” stage by experts. At this junction, a personal dietitian can help you analyse your current diet and figure out what it lacks or contains an excess of.
- Get the Motivation: Even general discussions about how a healthy diet can help you to achieve your goals can have an impact on your decision about “going healthy.” Perhaps the most important discussion you can have with your nutritionist at this stage is about the kinds of food you are not particularly fond of. This will help you avoid the potential pitfall of adopting a diet you absolutely detest. A diet you do not like to eat will be quickly abandoned which means a lot of wasted effort and sends you back to square one.
- Find the Right Diet and Exercise Plans for Yourself: Next up – the preparation stage. Simple as it sounds, this is where the root cause of most failed diets lie. As we noted earlier, there is simply too much conflicting information floating around. A qualified dietary nutritionist can help you navigate your way through this quagmire and come up with a plan that will suit you perfectly. You will be talking about concrete goals instead of your desires like you did in the previous stage. This will also let you account for the other aspects (aside from dietary changes) that you intend to change or transform in your life. These may include your gym routines or other fitness activities like Yoga, your work-life balance, and ensuring you have time for other pursuits including work. Alone, preparing for such seemingly drastic changes can be overwhelming. With a qualified dietitian to take care of a major part of the work, you will be set up for success.
- Help You Get Started: The next stage comes while you are implementing your new plans. A nutritionist can help you monitor your current achievements and make alterations to your diet plan as required. It is important to be flexible during this implementation stage. Rarely does a plan come together perfectly – you may have underestimated your goals or you may be overachieving. Consequently, changes in your diet will help ensure you get adequate nutrition while embarking on what is most likely a fairly demanding new schedule. After the first few weeks, you will find your groove and your body will adapt to your new, healthier lifestyle. At this point, it is necessary to revisit your initial goals. Check your progress and compare your achievements with your predictions from the original plan. You will find that you need to alter your plans to some degree. Be sure to consult your registered nutritionist to ensure your new diet reflects your new goals.
- Sticking to the Plan: As you grow accustomed to the process, adapting to and adopting minor changes in your lifestyle and diet will come naturally. At this stage, it is about perseverance – you will need to maintain the new healthy lifestyle that you have adopted. This maintenance stage is crucial since it is easy to fall back to old habits and lose months of progress in a matter of days. At some stage, your progress will hit a wall and not show any improvements. This results in feelings of self-disappointment, lack of trust in your own efforts and disillusionment. Such self-defeating thoughts plague the minds of the best athletes and as they would tell you, one should not feel discouraged. Regular consultations with a personal dietitian to track your progress will help you stay motivated and eager. The registered nutritionist may also be able to put you in touch with a support group that can help you weather the ups and downs that come with lifestyle changes.
5 Most Common Diet Plans
What you eat has the largest impact on your health. No amount of exercise can overcome the ill effects of a bad diet. Nor will you be able to get into shape if you eat the wrong kinds of food. People who suffer from various diseases and conditions have to take extra care about what they eat. The quest to find the perfect diet could be quite difficult, as there are a lot of options. Here are the top five diets that are extremely popular among urban Indians intent on finding the best healthy lifestyle. Before you read any further, we would like to make one point very clear – NEVER start any of these diets without consulting a qualified and professional dietician or nutritionist.
Diet Plan # 1: Atkins
One of the earliest standardised nutrition plans, the Atkins diet has been around for decades now and even has its own website. In its original form, it was the centre of much controversy and falsely blamed for many nutrition deficiency diseases and symptoms in developed countries, even anorexia. The diet has been altered over the years and what you hear about now is the “New” Atkins. It works on the principle that lowering the intake of carbohydrates will force the body to burn its fat reserves for energy. On paper, this sounds great and initial results are always encouraging, if you can get past the nausea and constipation. However, this diet promotes eating processed meats, red meats, and a high salt intake. Even the Eco and Vegetarian alternatives have these problems. However, a more balanced version of the Atkins diet and a gradual supervised implementation could help you adopt it for a healthy lifestyle. The ability to include processed foods, which most other diets prohibit completely, does open up a lot of options for city-dwellers, particularly in metros like Delhi, where home-grown produce is a luxury.
Diet Plan # 2: Ketogenic
The Keto diet is similar to the Atkins in some ways. It relies on a high-fat, high-protein, low-carb plan. But consuming fat to lose weight? This seemingly paradoxical idea works by pushing the body to burn off its stored sugars and use the consumed proteins and fat for energy. This causes the digestive system to produce ketones and the body enters a state of ketosis. As long as you do not consume more calories than you can burn off, the diet will sustain your current weight. A slightly negative calorie balance can see you rapidly lose the weight from the excess fat in your body. Adapting to this diet is the single biggest challenge. In the first few weeks, nausea and indigestion are very common. Once your body gets accustomed, this diet is one of the easier ones to maintain. Going back to “normal” unhealthy food (aside from occasional indulgence) may actually make you sick so it becomes easier to continue with it. However, the Ketogenic diet was not designed keeping Indian foods in mind. Adapting the Keto diet to Indian cuisine can be a difficult prospect, particularly for vegetarians. However, with help from a qualified dietician or nutritionist, it is very much possible. Desi-Keto diets have been successfully adopted by many health enthusiasts.
Diet Plan # 3: Gluten-Free
More of a lifestyle choice than a diet plan, the gluten-free diet will cut out gluten containing products from your diet. This is a commonly prescribed diet for treating various diseases and conditions of the digestive system. Gluten is actually a “plant protein” that is found in grains like wheat, barley, rice, and rye, and the food made from them like bread and chappatis. Gluten is what makes most grains “sticky.” Gluten has been associated with a lot of digestive and nutrition related problems which made this diet very popular within a few years. However, adopting this diet can be a hassle for Indians since most of our staple foods naturally contain lots of gluten. However, cutting out gluten also reduces the amount of carbs while increase your fibre intake. This is the major beneficial aspect of the gluten-free diet. However, there are a few downsides. Self-planned Gluten-free diets could lack essential mineral nutrients like iron and calcium and important components of vitamin B like thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), folates (B9), etc. A professional dietary nutritionist could design a gluten-free diet that ensures that you do not miss out on any of the essential components of a healthy diet.
Diet Plan # 4: Alkaline
The alkaline diet is founded on the philosophy that most of our day-to-day foods produce too many acids in our body and must be replaced with alkaline foods instead to help restore its pH balance. However, experts will tell you that the body can regulate its own pH balance. Nonetheless, despite a somewhat questionable foundation, in practice, an alkaline diet does produce good results. This is largely because the diet forces you to cut down heavily on meats, processed wheat and other grains, dairy products, alcohol, caffeine, etc. It recommends that up to 80% of your diet consist of vegetables and fruits. The remaining is to be filled with nuts, legumes, and seeds. This is not just an abundance of ‘alkaline’ food but simply good eating advice. Even if you do not go the extremes suggested by the diet, adopting a more balanced alkaline diet prepared by a professional nutritionist or dietician will help you sustain your nutritional needs without the need for supplements.
Diet Plan # 5: Paleo
Palaeolithic means of or relating to the Old Stone Age, a period when humans had first started using stones and sticks as tools. The Paleo or Palaeolithic diet focuses on eating unprocessed and raw foods that early humans of that age ate. The diet has a lot of very loyal supporters though some argue that man’s eating habits have changed considerably over the last few thousand years, and can no longer support that diet. Despite these doubts, the Paleo diet does have some merits with its focus on unprocessed foods. A modified Paleo diet could work for you but you may have to depend on supplements to fill in essential gaps in your nutrition. A qualified dietician could help such prepare a custom Paleo diet for you.
As you learn more about the different types of diets, you may wonder if dietary changes can actually help cure diseases. This is a valid question since you probably hear a lot about it but much of that sounds too good to be true. We have tried to cut through the foggy information and bring you some facts about how diet can impact an existing condition, illness or disease.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy is a relatively new concept that analyses a person’s lifestyle and their nutritional health. This is followed by a personalized nutrition treatment plan. A registered dietitian could set the entire plan in motion and have you on the path to a healthy life within days.
- Diabetics have major restrictions on what they can and cannot eat. But the condition does not have to mean that you are incapable of leading a healthy lifestyle. With the appropriate diet designed by a professional dietitian, diabetics can lead an active, full life.
- Autism and related disorders create problems for the person’s nutritional needs, particularly in young children. Parents can consult a nutritionist to help create a diet plan that can alleviate the problems while providing sufficient nutrition. A good diet itself can help with many of the symptoms of the condition.
- Some relatively common conditions like constipation can be addressed with a high-fibre diet.
- IBS and its variants can hamper one’s life to the point that it becomes impossible to lead a normal one. A well-planned diet is crucial to maintaining a full and healthy lifestyle for such patients.
- While it is not a full cure, people suffering from haemorrhoids (piles) can receive a lot of relief from a change in their diet. This may help to the point that the patient may not require other forms of treatment.
- Pre and post surgery nutrition is crucial for a full recovery. Dieticians will always plan out a diet that suits the patient’s needs and helps them regain their strength quickly.
- Celiac disease was rare in India but is now slowly appearing in large sections of the population. People who have the condition should adopt a gluten-free diet.
- Several hormonal disorders require you to follow a strict diet. A nutritionist can help plan out a diet for you that gives you enough variety so that you are not eating the same things regularly.
To get the most benefit from a nutrition consultant, it is essential to know what is expected of you as well as what you must expect of them. Keep the following points in mind when you set up your appointment.
- Before your actual visit, you may be asked to keep a record of everything you eat. Do not forget to add any small snacks that you may have during this period. Also, do not simply estimate quantities. Be as precise as possible. Buy a kitchen scale if you must.
- Like with any physician, be completely honest when answering questions about your food habits. You may feel guilty about eating a full tub of ice cream when you were trying to lose weight, but it should not stop you from disclosing it to the nutritionist.
- If you plan to start exercising (or already do) along with making changes to your diet, do let the nutrition consultant know. They should be able to account for your additional needs.
- Inform the nutritionist if you are allergic to some foods or dislike some particularly. They will be able to find alternatives that give you the same nutrients that you can still enjoy.
- It is important to follow-up as you adapt to a new healthy lifestyle. As we had noted earlier, monitoring progress and making necessary changes to a plan is crucial for its long-term success.
Why Should You Hire a Nutritionist from UrbanClap in Delhi?
- Experienced and Verified Nutritionists: UrbanClap ensures that our partners are not just experienced but also highly skilled with a track record to prove it. We aim to provide you with the best advice possible.
- Comprehensive Packages: When you book an appointment through us, you are getting a comprehensive package that covers all aspects of your diet and allied lifestyle changes. At UrbanClap, we have you covered with two packages: the Standard Package that connects you to dieticians with at least 2 years of experience and the Progressive Package where you get very experienced nutrition consultant to help you.
- Competitive Prices: Our prices are very competitive. As we mentioned, we offer two packages: the Standard Package with a dietician & nutrition specialist having 2 or more years of experience and the Progressive Package with very experienced dieticians. The former comes at a price of Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 3,000 per month, while the Progressive Package is priced at Rs. 3,000 to Rs. 4,000 per month.
To start the process, simply visit our website and click on the link for ’Dietitian’ under the heading ‘Health and Wellness.’ This will open up a small form after you select your region (city). Here are the steps to proceed.
Once you submit all the information (and depending on your choices), one or more of our qualified and registered dieticians will contact you within the next 24 hours. Transforming your life is easier than you may think. Do not let the magnitude of your eventual goal deter you from taking the first steps. Changing your diet and adopting healthy eating habits is the most substantial decision you can for your life.
Are you a dietician looking for customers ?join now