Best Nutritionists and Dietitians for your health in New Delhi
Need dietician's help with:
2,120 Dieticians and Nutritionists in New Delhi
- Subhash Nagar, Delhi, Indiaperveen singh30 May, 20185.0Feeling light and good. Services are really good. A good variety is given my dietician and she makes me eat everything. Staff is very good and helpfull.bhavneet singh bindra24 May, 20185.0Thankyou Raminder Ma'am as I had lost 5Kgs in one month with such a easy & healthy diet plans. Your diet plans are amazing. I didnot feel that I am on diet. You are a magician because I can't believe that I can lose weight so much easily. Hats off to you & Journey To Health Team...
I Have been a dietitian since 1992. I completed my post-graduation in dietetics and public health nutrition from Institute of home economics, Delhi university. From that time, I have served as a consultant dietitian and nutritionist in more than 25 different hospitals, primarily working as a therapeutic nutritionist (diet treatment and nutrition during illness and also as hospital dietary services advisor and manager. During this time, I gained a lot of experience and insights into the problem faced by patients and their families in regard to the diet management during and after illness. After spending more than 20 years in hospitals and therapeutic nutrition I have been an advisor to various nutritional programs for infants, children and expecting mothers. During all these experiences, I found that we as a society lack in nutritional literacy.I Believe in 100% home cooked diets with no starvation. My diet aims at overall nutritional correction and healthy lifestyle change.
- Delhisaumyta chaudhary22 April, 20185.0It was realy amazing to go with godiet ,Dr.ekta jain was really very helpful she always provide what we eat nd not forced to eat which we don't like.I m pcod patient and try hard to loose my weight but fail to do it...Meanwhile I come across godiet and by dr ekta jain healthy diet my life changed I loose 4 kg in 1month which was very tough task for me....DrEkta jain was always their for my unstopable queries and she alwys satisfied me by her genuine explanation....Plz go for godiet and change ur lifeaakriti15 April, 20184.0Dr. Jain’s diet was amazing Before starting I thought dieting is all about eating boiled vegetables n fruits and was not sure how long will I be able to continue this. But after joining I was surprisedto see the diet and many a times I had a question in my mind to ask if the diet given to me was correct as it included maggie as well. I never imagined eating maggie to loose weight. Thanks a lot Dr. Jain....
Go Diets brings you a Weight Management Program. It consists of a group of Dieticians, Nutritionists, and Wellness experts, which helps customize your program that suits your individual requirements & preferences. We have worked hard as a team to develop a scientific approach to our weight management services. The motto of Team is to provide its weight management services to the common man at affordable price and not to keep it restricted to the richer class.
- Mayur Vihar, Delhi, Indiaruchika dugal11 June, 20185.0She is very friendly and highly aproachable. Her diets have variety which comes with different recepies. She is a lifestyle modifier who does complete justice to her work.pulkit maharishi8 June, 20184.5Well it is very early for a review but still i would say.... I am happy to have dietitian like Ina
As a dietitian I have the desired skills and expertise . I believe in the concept of natural health care and proper BODY N MIND BALANCING through DIETARY NUTRIENTS & VEDIC SCIENCE to revamp your body channels. I treat every patient according to his/her body type or prakurti VATA PITA KAPHA so that they can avail the best suited out of the given nutrients.
- New Delhimanvi30 May, 20185.0Very helpful diet plans and very particular in sending the plans In time..manvi30 May, 20185.0Very helpful diet plans..and cery particular woth sending her plans in time
I have worked as a nutritionist and weight loss consultant with famous organisations. I have been providing online diet consultation for the past 5 years. Weight loss is a lifestyle change which comes gradually. Along with weight loss I educate the client as to which food is good or bad for health according to their body needs. You can visit me at my clinic located in VASANT KUNJ, KAROL BAGH , PUNJABI BAGHand RAJINDER NAGAR.
- New Delhiparidhi garg7 February, 20185.0She is very friendly and understand each and every problem and give the diet accordingly. I lost 2.5 kgs in 3 weeks and still continuing the diet. Will recommend to people to go for it without any second thought.himani bagga23 January, 20185.0Nice professional nutritionist was Ms Iqbal Kaur I hired from urbanclap for fitness concern as she was friendly and provided great diet palns which were customised accordingly and easy to manage . She charged me R2,000 for the service and was well behaved nature . Overall I was satisfied by her treatment and thanks a lot to the urbanclap for suggesting such talented professionals for the service !!
A well presented, self motivated and confident dietician with experience of assessment of nutritional needs, development and implementation of nutrition programs, I possess the ability to communicate complex and sensitive information about dietary matters in an understandable form to patients. I have proven track record of successfully promoting healthy eating habits to communities and suggesting diet modifications to individuals.
- manleen shant29 July, 20165.0Awesome results after using her diet plan! Very wholesome approach. Thank you!aparna raj24 July, 20165.0Sandhya is truly the best. She showed me the path of being healthy and to be able to lose weight without starving myself. I feel totally healthy and rejuvinated and credit goes to her. Thanks Sandhya!!
Prescribing not only diets for Weight loss or for any medical conditions but forming better positive habits around mindful eating to make it more sustainable. I believe in a holistic approach to balanced healthy eating rather than starvation or fad diet. I prescribe creative healthy plan with easy to cook recipes with an approach of a lifestyle change with a focus on sustainability.
- Sarita Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi, Indiajatin ashra25 May, 20185.0She was nice in discussion of your daily routine understood it well and made the diet plan basis on that only. Which is not at all difficult to follow.mamta4 February, 20185.0I am availing her session for the past 6 months and now I hired her through urban clap. I really appreciate her dedication and honesty towards her clients. I was suffering from thyroid and low blood pressure but now all of these are well controlled and I lost 15 kg. I recommend all of you to go with her if you really want superb results.
Dt. Shiimpy here, I can promise ,i will be your last search when it comes to the right weight loss or weight gain because we firmly believe in not just weight loss but actual fat loss along with superb inch loss by targeting your balanced diet. Currently i am running my Independent Clinic , earlier I was associated with Gold Gym and Ozone Gyms and Spas as a Visiting Dietician. I have given beautiful results to hundreds of clients across the country along with few international clients too. Some of my articles also got published in leading newspapers like HT City. Join our health programs to shape out your body.. Trust me you’ll not regret..
- Shalimar Bagh, Delhi, Indialovleen kaur8 June, 20185.0Excellent dietician and really helpful.Great results.hitesh24 May, 20185.0She is the best dietician and the reason behind is that she provides a customized diet on daily basis and is always there to help with a ease of message.. I would highly recoomend to others :)
I am the owner of slimera. Our motto is Real Nutrition for Real Life. We help people achieve realistic goals in a realistic way. We work with weight loss, Diabetes, Cardiovascular issues, eating disorders, digestive issues, sports nutrition, pediatric and adolescent nutrition, as well as any other nutritionally related medical issue. Our offices are conveniently located in shalimar Bagh. The chronic dieter at their wits end, to the 50-something's wanting to maximize their health, to the teenager or young mom just beginning to struggle with their weight, to the family who wants to engage their whole crew in good health and fitness behaviors...my practice focuses on individually tailoring strategies to achieve your nutrition, weight and fitness goals to your unique personality and life circumstances. Specialties are: weight management (nutrition, fitness, behavior modification), weight related illnesses (diabetes, heart disease, hypertension).
- Rajouri Garden, New Delhi, Delhi, Indiaravneet kaur23 February, 20175.0Dear shreya, I have been struggling with weight increase since I stepped into my 50’s and the menopause phase.I lead a fairly active life but I started hating whats I was looking like.I always wondered that why women let themselves go,big arms, huge abdominal girths,a swadling duck walk,breathlessness after climbing a flight of stairs. I was scared that soon I would be joining their ranks.Therefore, I decided to take action but food was down to limited choices,fear of weight increase was a “Damaocles swords” . On the other hand there was always the desire to eat normally with the family,the desire to satiate persistent hunger,the desire to be normal an deat out without regrets.I wasn’t succeeding much untill someone introduced me to you shreya.Ours has been a long distance relationship so to say.But you have managed to hit the nail I the head.It’s taken time but I kow everyone has different rate of sucsess.All I know is that I feel good and I am looking good –A FITTER 52 YEAR OLD-Thank you for that.God bless with much love and best wishes.ravneet kaur23 February, 20175.0Dear shreya, I have been struggling with weight increase since I stepped into my 50’s and the menopause phase.I lead a fairly active life but I started hating whats I was looking like.I always wondered that why women let themselves go,big arms, huge abdominal girths,a swadling duck walk,breathlessness after climbing a flight of stairs. I was scared that soon I would be joining their ranks.Therefore, I decided to take action but food was down to limited choices,fear of weight increase was a “Damaocles swords” . On the other hand there was always the desire to eat normally with the family,the desire to satiate persistent hunger,the desire to be normal an deat out without regrets.I wasn’t succeeding much untill someone introduced me to you shreya.Ours has been a long distance relationship so to say.But you have managed to hit the nail I the head.It’s taken time but I kow everyone has different rate of sucsess.All I know is that I feel good and I am looking good –A FITTER 52 YEAR OLD-Thank you for that.God bless with much love and best wishes.
Dt. Shreya Katyal is the founder of online diet consultancy Health & U. Health & U is all about having a healthy lifestyle, to remain fit and young forever We offer Weight Loss, Weight Gain, Pregnancy & Therapeutic Diets. We have delivered great results to our clients related to all kind of issues related to food and nutrition.
- Arjun Garh, Aya Nagar, New Delhi, Gurgaon, Delhi, Indiadhriti modi7 June, 20185.0A new concept of dieting for the modern world. Great concept! I never thought I would stick to a diet or push myself at the gym so much. If you've given everything else a shot, then this will be your final stop in your weight loss and fitness journey for sure!sudeepa basu22 May, 20185.0I was looking to lose weight and gave UC a shot and connected to MHB. Happy with the services seems and feels like the right track. Gaurav the nutritionist is very supportive and available all the time. His approach is holistic and not just on diet. My journey is continued and good experience so far.
MyHealthBuddy is an emerging health and fitness consultancy service. We operate on a unique five point approach, the brainchild of our nutritionist Asheesh Grewal. This includes Nutrition, Exercise, Stress & Sleep Management and Habit Formation. Our services include every aspect of your fitness journey, tailor-made to your body and lifestyle requirements. We consult you in every step of your journey to create a program that perfectly fits into your lifestyle. With a unique blend of scientific approach, compassion and motivation, our esteemed panel of fitness professionals will help you to achieve what you never thought your body could do - all it needs is a logical monitoring with the integral human touch of empathy, accountability and passion.
You may also like
Popular services near you
Need dietician's help with:
Top Recent Customer Reviews of Dieticians and Nutritionists in New Delhi
- kunal aggarwal hired hunar vermaon 19 June, 20185.0
She is the best dietician and the way of treating his patient is too awesome After consulting her i start believing in dietician.. great work read more
- s ghosh hired vedant ayurveda and diet clinicon 18 June, 20185.0
Ms. Reena is very helpful Dietitian. Before going to her i was little worried about the dieting as i have never tried to do this previously, but on my first visit she gave me that enthu and hope that it is very easy to do and not to worry. She first check my BMI and set a target of 14 kg to reduced. She gave me proper/balanced diet and said to do little walking of 15-20 min . Initially i was feeling drousy but after a week i was settled and doing well. My weight constantly reduced by the time, i told to her that i am a non veg lover so please include them in my diet, my Dietitian has planned as accordingly of my food choices which is appreciable. So in my opinion she is very good in her profession. read more
- deepika goel hired av diets and nutritionon 13 June, 20185.0
It has been a great experience working with Anisha. After pregnancy, it was hard for me to get back into shape with a nagging baby. Anisha did not gave me any fancy diets but gave me very simple recipes which can be easily prepared at home. With her help, I lost approx 5 kgs in 1.5 months only by following her diet and without even hitting the gym. I would highly recommend her if somebody is looking for a nutritionist to deal with their weight issues. read more
- ruchika dugal hired ina kulshresthaon 11 June, 20185.0
She is very friendly and highly aproachable. Her diets have variety which comes with different recepies. She is a lifestyle modifier who does complete justice to her work. read more
- anshikka arora hired sakshi salwanon 11 June, 20185.0
She is amazing . Helping me a lot. Gives prompt reply .
- anita pahal hired shubha dhyanion 11 June, 20185.0
Amazing dietician.. fully satisfied with her services..attaching my before and after pics....hire her without any second thought..lost 7 kg in just 3 months . read more
Recent Projects of Dieticians and Nutritionists in New Delhi
Chhattarpur New DelhiCustomer
M. BadweBooked on 20 June, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Weight LossCustomer's gender
FemaleSee full request
Geeta Colony DelhiCustomer
K. AroraBooked on 20 June, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Weight LossCustomer's gender
FemaleSee full request
Greater Kailash New DelhiCustomer
A. AhmedBooked on 20 June, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Weight LossCustomer's gender
FemaleSee full request
Patel Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi, IndiaCustomer
S. KaurBooked on 20 June, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Improving medical condition (PCOD, Thyroid, Diabetes etc.)Customer's gender
FemaleSee full request
R. BhadouriaBooked on 20 June, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Weight LossCustomer's gender
FemaleSee full request
Mukherjee Nagar, Delhi, Delhi, IndiaCustomer
A. SinghBooked on 20 June, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Weight LossCustomer's gender
FemaleSee full request
New Aruna Colony, Majnu Ka Tilla, Timarpur, Delhi, Delhi, IndiaCustomer
N. chodenBooked on 19 June, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Weight GainCustomer's gender
MaleSee full request
Rohini Sector 16, Block 7, Pocket 1, Sector 16, Rohini, New Delhi, Delhi, IndiaCustomer
karishmaBooked on 19 June, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Weight LossCustomer's gender
FemaleSee full request
D-2, Pocket 2, Sector D, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, Delhi, IndiaCustomer
S. JhaBooked on 19 June, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Weight LossCustomer's gender
MaleSee full request
Paharganj New DelhiCustomer
A. NagpalBooked on 19 June, 2018Service RequirementsDiet Goal
Weight LossCustomer's gender
FemaleSee full request
Tell us your requirements and get custom quotes with profiles within 24 hours from upto 5 interested Dieticians.
Hiring Guide for Dieticians and Nutritionists
Nutritionists in Delhi NCR
Any Delhite will have noticed a rise in obesity over the past few years among the city’s residents. If you think back to the 1990s of your childhood or the first decade of the 21st century, you will remember most people in the colony being quite fit and healthy. But as time progressed, more and more people seemed to be putting on weight. Binge eating and surviving on junk food now seems to be the norm. The fact that Delhi has some of the tastiest snacks in India also adds to the problem. All these reasons make a nutritionist necessary for us to get back our health. At UrbanClap, we bring to you a selection of some of the best dieticians in Delhi who can help you change your diet plan and revitalise your health. We will look at some of the top reasons why you need a nutritionist, common diet plans, understand how diet can cure health issues and things you ought to keep in mind while working with a nutritionist.
With growing lifestyle diseases and more awareness of healthy eating even at old age, dietitians have become an invaluable part of our efforts to stay healthy and fit. These experts do what we try to do but are mostly unable to because of lack of information and to an extent, sustained effort. Most of us do not have an idea what suits us and end up eating what our family eats at home and what friends or colleagues eat outside. The pervasive presence of tasty junk food also ensures we do not stay on track despite best efforts. Let us look at some top reasons why you need to find a nutritionist in Delhi or elsewhere.
- Get the Right Advice: Adopting a healthy lifestyle is more than just going to the gym regularly. If you have been following a traditional diet, drastic changes may be required. You can go online, ask your friends, or talk to your colleagues at work to find the secret formula that worked wonders for them. More often than not, you are likely to be thoroughly confused once you have read online articles and heard everyone’s advice. The amount of conflicting information is bad enough to give you second thoughts about changing your diet. If you type in ‘nutritionist near me’ you are likely to get dietitians who can help you get the right advice. You can also fill our easy-fill form to get a professional nutritionist to help you out.
- Understand the Concept of Eating Right: A healthy diet is about more than balancing calories. If you do manage to come up with a plan of your own, it will likely have other shortcomings. Further, it is not always possible to buy the kind of food you need at a local market. Popular low-carb diets you may find online will recommend food that you will be hard-pressed to find in India, even in metros like Delhi. And even if you find them, you may not know how to cook or prepare them the ‘right’ way. Most food is edible if you boil it in water long enough though it is unlikely to be palatable even after adding copious amounts of spices. Does adopting a healthy diet mean sacrificing good taste forever? Is adopting a healthy lifestyle really this difficult? Thankfully, the answer to both these questions is ‘No’.
- Analyse Your Current Diet: Consulting a qualified nutritionist can help you get through all the stages of changing your eating habits and even other lifestyle changes. The early period of determining what kind of changes you need to make, and even the realization that a transition is a necessity is usually referred to as the “contemplation” stage by experts. At this junction, a personal dietitian can help you analyse your current diet and figure out what it lacks or contains an excess of.
- Get the Motivation: Even general discussions about how a healthy diet can help you to achieve your goals can have an impact on your decision about “going healthy.” Perhaps the most important discussion you can have with your nutritionist at this stage is about the kinds of food you are not particularly fond of. This will help you avoid the potential pitfall of adopting a diet you absolutely detest. A diet you do not like to eat will be quickly abandoned which means a lot of wasted effort and sends you back to square one.
- Find the Right Diet and Exercise Plans for Yourself: Next up – the preparation stage. Simple as it sounds, this is where the root cause of most failed diets lie. As we noted earlier, there is simply too much conflicting information floating around. A qualified dietary nutritionist can help you navigate your way through this quagmire and come up with a plan that will suit you perfectly. You will be talking about concrete goals instead of your desires like you did in the previous stage. This will also let you account for the other aspects (aside from dietary changes) that you intend to change or transform in your life. These may include your gym routines or other fitness activities like Yoga, your work-life balance, and ensuring you have time for other pursuits including work. Alone, preparing for such seemingly drastic changes can be overwhelming. With a qualified dietitian to take care of a major part of the work, you will be set up for success.
- Help You Get Started: The next stage comes while you are implementing your new plans. A nutritionist can help you monitor your current achievements and make alterations to your diet plan as required. It is important to be flexible during this implementation stage. Rarely does a plan come together perfectly – you may have underestimated your goals or you may be overachieving. Consequently, changes in your diet will help ensure you get adequate nutrition while embarking on what is most likely a fairly demanding new schedule. After the first few weeks, you will find your groove and your body will adapt to your new, healthier lifestyle. At this point, it is necessary to revisit your initial goals. Check your progress and compare your achievements with your predictions from the original plan. You will find that you need to alter your plans to some degree. Be sure to consult your registered nutritionist to ensure your new diet reflects your new goals.
- Sticking to the Plan: As you grow accustomed to the process, adapting to and adopting minor changes in your lifestyle and diet will come naturally. At this stage, it is about perseverance – you will need to maintain the new healthy lifestyle that you have adopted. This maintenance stage is crucial since it is easy to fall back to old habits and lose months of progress in a matter of days. At some stage, your progress will hit a wall and not show any improvements. This results in feelings of self-disappointment, lack of trust in your own efforts and disillusionment. Such self-defeating thoughts plague the minds of the best athletes and as they would tell you, one should not feel discouraged. Regular consultations with a personal dietitian to track your progress will help you stay motivated and eager. The registered nutritionist may also be able to put you in touch with a support group that can help you weather the ups and downs that come with lifestyle changes.
5 Most Common Diet Plans
What you eat has the largest impact on your health. No amount of exercise can overcome the ill effects of a bad diet. Nor will you be able to get into shape if you eat the wrong kinds of food. People who suffer from various diseases and conditions have to take extra care about what they eat. The quest to find the perfect diet could be quite difficult, as there are a lot of options. Here are the top five diets that are extremely popular among urban Indians intent on finding the best healthy lifestyle. Before you read any further, we would like to make one point very clear – NEVER start any of these diets without consulting a qualified and professional dietician or nutritionist.
Diet Plan # 1: Atkins
One of the earliest standardised nutrition plans, the Atkins diet has been around for decades now and even has its own website. In its original form, it was the centre of much controversy and falsely blamed for many nutrition deficiency diseases and symptoms in developed countries, even anorexia. The diet has been altered over the years and what you hear about now is the “New” Atkins. It works on the principle that lowering the intake of carbohydrates will force the body to burn its fat reserves for energy. On paper, this sounds great and initial results are always encouraging, if you can get past the nausea and constipation. However, this diet promotes eating processed meats, red meats, and a high salt intake. Even the Eco and Vegetarian alternatives have these problems. However, a more balanced version of the Atkins diet and a gradual supervised implementation could help you adopt it for a healthy lifestyle. The ability to include processed foods, which most other diets prohibit completely, does open up a lot of options for city-dwellers, particularly in metros like Delhi, where home-grown produce is a luxury.
Diet Plan # 2: Ketogenic
The Keto diet is similar to the Atkins in some ways. It relies on a high-fat, high-protein, low-carb plan. But consuming fat to lose weight? This seemingly paradoxical idea works by pushing the body to burn off its stored sugars and use the consumed proteins and fat for energy. This causes the digestive system to produce ketones and the body enters a state of ketosis. As long as you do not consume more calories than you can burn off, the diet will sustain your current weight. A slightly negative calorie balance can see you rapidly lose the weight from the excess fat in your body. Adapting to this diet is the single biggest challenge. In the first few weeks, nausea and indigestion are very common. Once your body gets accustomed, this diet is one of the easier ones to maintain. Going back to “normal” unhealthy food (aside from occasional indulgence) may actually make you sick so it becomes easier to continue with it. However, the Ketogenic diet was not designed keeping Indian foods in mind. Adapting the Keto diet to Indian cuisine can be a difficult prospect, particularly for vegetarians. However, with help from a qualified dietician or nutritionist, it is very much possible. Desi-Keto diets have been successfully adopted by many health enthusiasts.
Diet Plan # 3: Gluten-Free
More of a lifestyle choice than a diet plan, the gluten-free diet will cut out gluten containing products from your diet. This is a commonly prescribed diet for treating various diseases and conditions of the digestive system. Gluten is actually a “plant protein” that is found in grains like wheat, barley, rice, and rye, and the food made from them like bread and chappatis. Gluten is what makes most grains “sticky.” Gluten has been associated with a lot of digestive and nutrition related problems which made this diet very popular within a few years. However, adopting this diet can be a hassle for Indians since most of our staple foods naturally contain lots of gluten. However, cutting out gluten also reduces the amount of carbs while increase your fibre intake. This is the major beneficial aspect of the gluten-free diet. However, there are a few downsides. Self-planned Gluten-free diets could lack essential mineral nutrients like iron and calcium and important components of vitamin B like thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), folates (B9), etc. A professional dietary nutritionist could design a gluten-free diet that ensures that you do not miss out on any of the essential components of a healthy diet.
Diet Plan # 4: Alkaline
The alkaline diet is founded on the philosophy that most of our day-to-day foods produce too many acids in our body and must be replaced with alkaline foods instead to help restore its pH balance. However, experts will tell you that the body can regulate its own pH balance. Nonetheless, despite a somewhat questionable foundation, in practice, an alkaline diet does produce good results. This is largely because the diet forces you to cut down heavily on meats, processed wheat and other grains, dairy products, alcohol, caffeine, etc. It recommends that up to 80% of your diet consist of vegetables and fruits. The remaining is to be filled with nuts, legumes, and seeds. This is not just an abundance of ‘alkaline’ food but simply good eating advice. Even if you do not go the extremes suggested by the diet, adopting a more balanced alkaline diet prepared by a professional nutritionist or dietician will help you sustain your nutritional needs without the need for supplements.
Diet Plan # 5: Paleo
Palaeolithic means of or relating to the Old Stone Age, a period when humans had first started using stones and sticks as tools. The Paleo or Palaeolithic diet focuses on eating unprocessed and raw foods that early humans of that age ate. The diet has a lot of very loyal supporters though some argue that man’s eating habits have changed considerably over the last few thousand years, and can no longer support that diet. Despite these doubts, the Paleo diet does have some merits with its focus on unprocessed foods. A modified Paleo diet could work for you but you may have to depend on supplements to fill in essential gaps in your nutrition. A qualified dietician could help such prepare a custom Paleo diet for you.
As you learn more about the different types of diets, you may wonder if dietary changes can actually help cure diseases. This is a valid question since you probably hear a lot about it but much of that sounds too good to be true. We have tried to cut through the foggy information and bring you some facts about how diet can impact an existing condition, illness or disease.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy is a relatively new concept that analyses a person’s lifestyle and their nutritional health. This is followed by a personalized nutrition treatment plan. A registered dietitian could set the entire plan in motion and have you on the path to a healthy life within days.
- Diabetics have major restrictions on what they can and cannot eat. But the condition does not have to mean that you are incapable of leading a healthy lifestyle. With the appropriate diet designed by a professional dietitian, diabetics can lead an active, full life.
- Autism and related disorders create problems for the person’s nutritional needs, particularly in young children. Parents can consult a nutritionist to help create a diet plan that can alleviate the problems while providing sufficient nutrition. A good diet itself can help with many of the symptoms of the condition.
- Some relatively common conditions like constipation can be addressed with a high-fibre diet.
- IBS and its variants can hamper one’s life to the point that it becomes impossible to lead a normal one. A well-planned diet is crucial to maintaining a full and healthy lifestyle for such patients.
- While it is not a full cure, people suffering from haemorrhoids (piles) can receive a lot of relief from a change in their diet. This may help to the point that the patient may not require other forms of treatment.
- Pre and post surgery nutrition is crucial for a full recovery. Dieticians will always plan out a diet that suits the patient’s needs and helps them regain their strength quickly.
- Celiac disease was rare in India but is now slowly appearing in large sections of the population. People who have the condition should adopt a gluten-free diet.
- Several hormonal disorders require you to follow a strict diet. A nutritionist can help plan out a diet for you that gives you enough variety so that you are not eating the same things regularly.
To get the most benefit from a nutrition consultant, it is essential to know what is expected of you as well as what you must expect of them. Keep the following points in mind when you set up your appointment.
- Before your actual visit, you may be asked to keep a record of everything you eat. Do not forget to add any small snacks that you may have during this period. Also, do not simply estimate quantities. Be as precise as possible. Buy a kitchen scale if you must.
- Like with any physician, be completely honest when answering questions about your food habits. You may feel guilty about eating a full tub of ice cream when you were trying to lose weight, but it should not stop you from disclosing it to the nutritionist.
- If you plan to start exercising (or already do) along with making changes to your diet, do let the nutrition consultant know. They should be able to account for your additional needs.
- Inform the nutritionist if you are allergic to some foods or dislike some particularly. They will be able to find alternatives that give you the same nutrients that you can still enjoy.
- It is important to follow-up as you adapt to a new healthy lifestyle. As we had noted earlier, monitoring progress and making necessary changes to a plan is crucial for its long-term success.
Why Should You Hire a Nutritionist from UrbanClap in Delhi?
- Experienced and Verified Nutritionists: UrbanClap ensures that our partners are not just experienced but also highly skilled with a track record to prove it. We aim to provide you with the best advice possible.
- Comprehensive Packages: When you book an appointment through us, you are getting a comprehensive package that covers all aspects of your diet and allied lifestyle changes. At UrbanClap, we have you covered with two packages: the Standard Package that connects you to dieticians with at least 2 years of experience and the Progressive Package where you get very experienced nutrition consultant to help you.
- Competitive Prices: Our prices are very competitive. As we mentioned, we offer two packages: the Standard Package with a dietician & nutrition specialist having 2 or more years of experience and the Progressive Package with very experienced dieticians. The former comes at a price of Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 3,000 per month, while the Progressive Package is priced at Rs. 3,000 to Rs. 4,000 per month.
To start the process, simply visit our website and click on the link for ’Dietitian’ under the heading ‘Health and Wellness.’ This will open up a small form after you select your region (city). Here are the steps to proceed.
Once you submit all the information (and depending on your choices), one or more of our qualified and registered dieticians will contact you within the next 24 hours. Transforming your life is easier than you may think. Do not let the magnitude of your eventual goal deter you from taking the first steps. Changing your diet and adopting healthy eating habits is the most substantial decision you can for your life.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a dietician?
A dietician is an expert in human nutrition and regulation of diet. A dietician alters the food intake of a person to achieve the desirable result. Whether it is for a medical condition or for losing weight.
Why do I need a dietician?
Food acts as a fuel for the body. With the right fuel, your body can function in a healthy manner and you can live a comfortable life. A dietician keeps the food intake in check. Here are some reasons to hire an expert dietician: You have digestive issues You need to lose or gain weight Pregnancy You are getting old and need a diet check If you are suffering from diseases- cardiovascular, thyroid, blood pressure etc. If you are about to/or have undergone a surgery You want to lead a healthy lifestyle
What are the packages available if I book a dietician from UrbanClap?
UrbanClap has many registered expert dieticians available at your convenience. We understand that a healthy lifestyle should not be too hard on your pocket. Here are some packages you can go for: New Year Special Package (for a limited period)- A dietician with two years of experience at just Rs.1,999 a month. You will be saving 35%! Progressive package- A highly experienced dietician with multiple diet plans comes at just Rs.3,000-Rs.4,000 a month.
What is the UrbanClap assurance?
UrbanClap ensures that we get you the best service experts who cater to your specific needs. With the registered expert dietician on the app you can get: The best prices in the market and you can save a minimum of 20% on a monthly basis compared to the market prices Handpicked professionals- Only 1 in 20 dieticians who register on the UrbanClap make the cut of getting to you. All our dieticians have at least two years of experience
How much would a dietician cost me?
Hiring an expert dietician from UrbanClap costs you much less than any other place. We also offer multiple price brackets which you can select while booking a dietician from the app.
If I want a dietician for myself and one other person. Will it cost me less?
No it would not. Every individual has personal considerations and needs that need to be looked at. An expert has a detailed discussion with the person booking the service to understand their requirements, likes, preferences of a plan, tastes, allergies etc. Every individual will have a unique requirement which needs to be looked at. We recommend you follow your own diet plan which the expert has created exclusively for you.
How do professional dietician consult on UrbanClap?
A professional dietician will give you consultation as per your preference. Whether it is online, over the phone or a one on one meeting followed by telephonic consultation. We do advise you to keep an open mind and take into consideration what the dietician suggests as well.
What is the difference between a nutritionist and a dietician?
Both of them advice them on the matters of food and diet. In many countries it is treated as different terms. A dietician is a trained and licensed practitioner, while a nutritionist may just be self taught.
What are the benefits of eating healthy?
We spend a significant amount of time feeding ourselves. It is needless to say that food governs a lot of how healthy our lifestyle is. Here are some benefits: Keep diseases at bay or in check Helps to maintain a healthy heart Keeps the bones and muscles healthy Keeps teeth healthy General fitness Keeps our skin, hair and general appearance at its best Keep us in shape
Does the dietician track my exercise?
Yes. Part of the diet plan that a dietician customises for you also involves some amount of exercise. Whether it is in the form of walking, running or hitting the gym. If you are already into fitness, the dietician helps to achieve the desired results faster.
Why is tracking of sleep important as part of a diet plan?
Planning a diet is all about a healthy lifestyle. A person can not be living healthy if the sleep pattern is disturbed. Sleeping for 7-9 hours a night can lessen the occurence of health risks and obesity. Sleep deprivation leads to increase in appetite which can make it difficult to keep the food you eat in check.
How soon can I expect positive results with an expert dietician?
Depending on your health, plan and requirements, a dietician also lets you know quantifiable goals that you can track periodically. In a month’s time, you can start noticing the positive impact of going on a diet plan. The dietician also tracks the progress of your diet plan regularly.
Is dieting the best way to lose weight?
Dieting does not mean starving oneself. It just keeps the food you intake i check. A diet plan recommended by an expert dietician is indeed one of the best ways to lose weight. It is definitely not the only way as getting a sound sleep and some form of exercise is also important.
What is the difference between fat free, non fat and low fat?
Fat free and nonfat mean the same while low fat contains fat content higher than those labelled fat free. However, care should be taken in reading labels as fat free food also contains a little amount of fat. Understanding what the good fat and bad is from your dietician is important to know what is good for you to consume.
What are the medical conditions that can be addressed by a dietician?
A dietician is not just important to lose weight but also prevents or keeps many diseases in check. The medical conditions that call for a dietician are: Hormonal disorders such as PCOD, thyroid etc Diabetes Obesity and cardiovascular diseases Digestive problems such as severe heartburn etc. Allergy or intolerance to food such as being lactose intolerant You are recovering from a surgery and have been advised a diet expert by the doctor
I only want a dietician for a month. Can that be done?
Yes it can be done. The amount of time you need a dietician for, is your discretion. We do advise taking suggestions from the expert if you have not achieved your desired goals within a month.
What do I need to know before hiring a dietician?
All our dieticians are certified, experienced and come with stringent quality checks. Here are a few things that can help you zero in on one: What certifications they have What is the experience they have Why do I need a dietician What are the allergies you have What medical conditions do you have
What are the certifications/accreditations that a dietician needs in India?
There are courses available in graduation that are specific qualifications for a dietician. One can also have a postgraduate degree in it. To become a practicing dietician one has to get registered with the Indian Dietetic Association (IDA).
Do you also provide dieticians for children?
Yes we do. We have an expert dietician for all age groups.
Is it true that we should have a light dinner to stay healthy?
It helps. It is always better to have a light dinner and finish up your meal by 8pm. Having an early dinner is a healthy way of life because our metabolism is the least in the night as a result of which the food does not burn as fast as you would it to.
Are you a Dietician looking for customers ?join now