Best Divorce Lawyers for legal advice in Chennai
What service do you require?
What to expect from a Divorce Lawyer
- Qualified And Reputed Divorce Lawyers
- Professional guidance and assistance
- Timely Resolution Of All Divorce Cases
- Best in class service
How it works
Tell us your needs
Answer a few questions
Get quote from pros
Compare quotes from best matching professionals
Hire the right pro
Check profiles and reviews, message pro and hire
447 Divorce Lawyers in Chennai
Divorce Lawyers at UrbanClap served 32 requests in Chennai in the last 30 days as of 17 Nov, 2017. An average request in Divorce Lawyers Category costs around Rs.3599. The providers on-boarded on UrbanClap are approved only after an extensive background scrutiny and customers reference checks.
aboutIntroduction: My collaborative and seamless approach ensure that ... read more
aboutAdvocate Sinduja Kamalesh is a lawyer practicing in the Chennai c... read more
aboutIntroduction: A post graduate in law and have about 21 years of ... read more
aboutIntroduction: Mr. Raja Ram is an Advocate regularly practicing in... read more
aboutProfessional Experience: 2 years Place of Practice: Civil Courts... read more
aboutIntroduction Mr. Sathyaseelan T has been practicing independently... read more
aboutProfessional Experience: 5 years Place of Practice: District Cou... read more
aboutIntroduction: Mr. Anil Relwani is currently working as a Senior A... read more
- New on UrbanClapAnna Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IndiaRs. 1,000 /consultation
aboutIntroduction Mr. Karthikeyan Radhakrishnan has been practicing in... read more
Looking to hire a divorce Lawyer in Chennai?
Tell us your requirements and get custom quotes with profiles within 24 hours from upto 5 interested Divorce Lawyers.
Hiring Guide for a Divorce Lawyer
Divorce proceedings in India can take long, and at the same time spoil your peace of mind. The best way to deal with that is to hire experienced divorce lawyers who can help you with the proceedings. There may be numerous reasons behind filing for a divorce, so you need a platform where you can consult lawyers whose services encompass a broad legal spectrum. Considering the importance and sensitivity of divorce cases, UrbanClap provides you with a way to get in touch with the best divorce lawyers in Delhi to file or defend your mutual divorce petition, contested divorce, alimony, domestic violence, interim maintenance and other related matters.
How it works?
You just need to search Divorce lawyer in the search bar on the website or App to get to a questionnaire designed to help us understand your situation and requirement better. This questionnaire covers questions like duration of the marriage, mutual divorce or contested divorce, grounds for divorce, a new case or running, etc. Answer these questions honestly and with full information to guide us through the situation well and help us determine best divorce lawyers suited for you. Among all the suggestions you get, we strongly recommend you to go with someone you are most comfortable communicating with, not the one with less consultation charges.
Things to keep in mind:
- Decide whether you need an attorney: Before hiring an attorney, it is very important to consider whether you need an attorney or you are making an impulse decision.
- Quality and Experience count: When you are involved in legal actions, you would always want to be represented by an experienced divorce attorney in all the court proceedings.
- Comfort Level: This, in particular, is very crucial as you may have to open highly personal information about you and your marriage. While dealing with divorce, an honest flow of communication is highly important for the accuracy of the information to take proceedings further. You should feel free to talk to several divorce attorneys to decide with whom you are most comfortable.
- The first step – hire a lawyer: As an impulse action, most of the people end up filing a FIR before hiring a lawyer which makes the case even more complex. But it is extremely important that a lawyer accompanies you when you file a FIR. This is why hiring a lawyer is certainly the first step in all the legal proceedings. Make sure your divorce lawyer goes with you everywhere.
- Experienced Professionals: We at UrbanClap understand the unfortunate consequences of not working with the right legal professionals. This is why we only hire certified divorce lawyers with a good courtroom experience.
- Practical and Balanced advice: The best divorce lawyers on board with UrbanClap will always give you balanced advice without wanting you to avail his/her services if not necessary.
- Confidentiality: UrbanClap professionals are well aware of the detrimental consequences a confidentiality breach can bring to their client. This is why confidentiality remains a core deliverable of the divorce lawyer service of UrbanClap.
Scenario in Chennai
Chennai has seen a rise in the numbers of divorces filed in the family courts in past 5-10 years. The evolution of gender roles has no doubt increased a need of more egalitarian society, which also sometimes involves marital separation if the couple is not compatible.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is contested divorce different from mutual divorce?
Contested divorce is when spouses don’t agree with one or more key issues such as child custody, marital property, alimony (spousal support), in order to conclusively terminate the marriage. Whereas mutual divorce occurs when spouses agree on all the issues and effectively terminate their marriage.
How many times do I need to attend the court in a mutual divorce?
In case, of mutual divorce, you will have to appear in court at least twice for the purpose of recording your statement. But it also depends on the circumstances of the divorce.
I belong to the Parsi community. Do you provide lawyers for divorces under the Parsi law?
Yes, we do have lawyers who have experience with the Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act, 1936. Also, our professionals always ask for the scope of the service you require during the first contact to make the service hassle free.