Best Divorce Lawyers for legal advice in Chennai
What is your gender?
What to expect from a Divorce Lawyer
- Qualified and reputed professionals
- Professional guidance and assistance
- Timely resolution of issue
- Best in class service
How it works
Tell us your needs
Answer a few questions
Get quote from pros
Compare quotes from best matching professionals
Hire the right pro
Check profiles and reviews, message pro and hire
143 Divorce Lawyers in Chennai
You will receive free quotes from experienced, background-checked professionals
Recent bookings of Divorce Lawyers in Chennai
- Gerugambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India5.0
Female, Hinduism, Hinduism
Very friendly and helpful. Guides you in the right wayreviewed on November 23, 2016
- Korattur Chennai5.0
Korattur Chennai , Male, Yes
We have been working with Prakash on a legal issue for the past f...read morereviewed on November 8, 2016
- Jagannatha Puram5.0
Female, Hinduism, Hinduism
Mr. Vasu is a very understanding and efficient counsellor when it...read morereviewed on August 14, 2016
- Perungalathur New, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India5.0
Female, Hinduism, Hinduism
Very Helpful , Cooperative & Highly Approachable. Thank you !reviewed on July 18, 2016
I am a photographer, and a drone operator. While coming from abroad, customs held my drone. I tried with top notch advocates and wandered around HC. Consul...read more
padma ranganathanused DivorcelawyersRATED:5.0
I had an opportunity to take his service in formation of a company and his guidance was good and we had done with the job with all legal compliances in a h...read more
He is an interesting lawyer who had settled a real estate issue in a short span of time without making me to appear for all hearings. Hard to have such a l...read more
Excellent advocate. Very patient in listening. Explains the remedy as even a layman can understand. Positive approach is his strength. Prompt in updating t...read more
dinesh r.pused DivorcelawyersRATED:5.0
One of the great good talletented person in A to Z... Many people's roll model.. His junior's and learner's will be a great in future.. And he is best ...read more
Hiring Guide for a Divorce Lawyer
Divorce proceedings in India can take long, and at the same time spoil your peace of mind. The best way to deal with that is to hire experienced divorce lawyers who can help you with the proceedings. There may be numerous reasons behind filing for a divorce, so you need a platform where you can consult lawyers whose services encompass a broad legal spectrum. Considering the importance and sensitivity of divorce cases, UrbanClap provides you with a way to get in touch with the best divorce lawyers in Delhi to file or defend your mutual divorce petition, contested divorce, alimony, domestic violence, interim maintenance and other related matters.
How it works?
You just need to search Divorce lawyer in the search bar on the website or App to get to a questionnaire designed to help us understand your situation and requirement better. This questionnaire covers questions like duration of the marriage, mutual divorce or contested divorce, grounds for divorce, a new case or running, etc. Answer these questions honestly and with full information to guide us through the situation well and help us determine best divorce lawyers suited for you. Among all the suggestions you get, we strongly recommend you to go with someone you are most comfortable communicating with, not the one with less consultation charges.
Things to keep in mind:
- Decide whether you need an attorney: Before hiring an attorney, it is very important to consider whether you need an attorney or you are making an impulse decision.
- Quality and Experience count: When you are involved in legal actions, you would always want to be represented by an experienced divorce attorney in all the court proceedings.
- Comfort Level: This, in particular, is very crucial as you may have to open highly personal information about you and your marriage. While dealing with divorce, an honest flow of communication is highly important for the accuracy of the information to take proceedings further. You should feel free to talk to several divorce attorneys to decide with whom you are most comfortable.
- The first step – hire a lawyer: As an impulse action, most of the people end up filing a FIR before hiring a lawyer which makes the case even more complex. But it is extremely important that a lawyer accompanies you when you file a FIR. This is why hiring a lawyer is certainly the first step in all the legal proceedings. Make sure your divorce lawyer goes with you everywhere.
- Experienced Professionals: We at UrbanClap understand the unfortunate consequences of not working with the right legal professionals. This is why we only hire certified divorce lawyers with a good courtroom experience.
- Practical and Balanced advice: The best divorce lawyers on board with UrbanClap will always give you balanced advice without wanting you to avail his/her services if not necessary.
- Confidentiality: UrbanClap professionals are well aware of the detrimental consequences a confidentiality breach can bring to their client. This is why confidentiality remains a core deliverable of the divorce lawyer service of UrbanClap.
Scenario in Chennai
Chennai has seen a rise in the numbers of divorces filed in the family courts in past 5-10 years. The evolution of gender roles has no doubt increased a need of more egalitarian society, which also sometimes involves marital separation if the couple is not compatible.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is contested divorce different from mutual divorce?
Contested divorce is when spouses don’t agree with one or more key issues such as child custody, marital property, alimony (spousal support), in order to conclusively terminate the marriage. Whereas mutual divorce occurs when spouses agree on all the issues and effectively terminate their marriage.
How many times do I need to attend the court in a mutual divorce?
In case, of mutual divorce, you will have to appear in court at least twice for the purpose of recording your statement. But it also depends on the circumstances of the divorce.
I belong to the Parsi community. Do you provide lawyers for divorces under the Parsi law?
Yes, we do have lawyers who have experience with the Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act, 1936. Also, our professionals always ask for the scope of the service you require during the first contact to make the service hassle free.
- Divorce Lawyers in Periyamet
- Divorce Lawyers in Chintadripet
- Divorce Lawyers in Egmore
- Divorce Lawyers in George Town
- Divorce Lawyers in Fort Saint George
- Chartered Accountants for Tax Registration in Chennai
- CCTV Camera Installation in Chennai
- Property Lawyers in Chennai
- Company Registration in Chennai
- Chartered Accountants for Small Businesses in Chennai