Hotels are the most important part of a city. They are not just structures with numerous rooms, they have a life of their own filled with various experiences of people arriving and leaving daily. In such a scenario, it is very important to guarantee the safety and security of people visiting. And, with so many visitors, it also becomes equally important to ensure the safety of hotel premises. To create the safe and secure atmosphere all around the hotel, it is very necessary to have CCTV cameras installed in the hotel premises. Presence of CCTV cameras not only increases the trust of customers, the recorded footage from them also act as an evidence in case of any unexpected activity.
There are various benefits of installing CCTV cameras in hotel premises. Some of them are discussed below:
- Beside rooms, there are various facilities that hotels provide such as spa, gym, swimming pool, etc. Presence of CCTV at these places helps to identify intruders and management can take quick action to restrict them from entering the place.
- CCTV when installed in storage or maintenance rooms of hotels helps in preventing a possible theft by employees. Employees also hesitate to do any unethical activities when they see a CCTV camera is installed and realizes they are being monitored.
- Presence of CCTV cameras in hotel’s building and especially in parking area gives mental peace and satisfaction to guests.
- There are some unexpected activities such as slips, falls or fights that happen with guests. In such cases, the customer files a lawsuit against the hotel and demands alimony. To bring the truth out, management should analyse CCTV recording and if they find that it happened because of negligence of hotel, they should quickly resolve the matter with client. If they see that hotel is not responsible for whatever happened, they can counter the allegation and can use CCTV footage as evidence.
- The hotel industry is a very competitive industry. Every hotel owner implements new technologies to gain competitive advantage and attract more and more customers. One such latest tech practice is CCTV surveillance. The management of hotels choose from various CCTV packages available in the market and makes their premise safe and secure.
- There are some guests who harm the property such as damaging furniture in common area or the decorations and when they are fined, they deny. In such cases, CCTV footage acts as an evidence and strengthens the hotel’s viewpoint.
Maintaining a CCTV surveillance system in your hotel is very easy nowadays. For live viewing, you can install one without DVR and can easily monitor everything live and if you want a recording of all the activities then you can go for CCTV systems that come with DVR or can be attached to your computer. With technological advancement, wireless CCTV cameras are also available in the market and CCTV installation has become a very easy task.
When CCTV cameras are installed in your hotel premise, you and your guests can remain tension free and focus on the event. While installing the cameras, the management should consider that the cameras does not invade the privacy of guests in any manner, the only purpose of installing the cameras should be safety and security of the guests and hotel premise.