Shifting to a new home is exciting. However, the process of packing up, moving and unpacking is anything but easy. So much so that hiring professional packers and movers is a viable and effective alternative to doing it yourself. Hence, in this article, we tell you the top 6 benefits of hiring professional packers and movers.
Advantages of Hiring Packers and Movers
- Efficient and Safe Packing and Unpacking: Benefits of hiring professional packers and movers are many! More than the move itself, it is the packing to move that can drive the wind out of you. Professional packers and movers on UrbanClap will ensure that they use appropriate cushioning and soft wrapping material for packing your furniture, appliances, decorative items, etc. They will also pack it such that it takes up the least possible space. More importantly, any delicate items will be packed and transported more carefully than you can ever handle them yourself. Once at your destination, the crew will unload all your items and help you unpack. You can get your heavy furniture and large appliances set up right away and not have to worry about hiring more help later.
- Stress Free: Packing to move to a new home can drastically affect your daily schedule. Professional Packers and movers can help you eliminate a lot of that headache. You will save days, if not weeks, that you would have otherwise spent packing and transporting your stuff. If you are moving within the same city, you may only need a couple of hours off to supervise the entire process. On the day of the move, you can afford to relax and not sweat thinking about the safety of your belongings. When moving to a different city, you can arrive with a fresh mind before you need to worry about unpacking. You can provide a date that will ensure you can get your new home ready before the truck with all your goods arrives. Once everything is professionally unpacked and in their appropriate place, you can get settled quickly. This will also mean you can go back to your regular work schedule promptly.
- Economical: If you add up the moving costs of handling the move yourself versus hiring professional packers and movers, you will immediately realise that it is actually cheaper to hire a trusted packing and moving service like the ones from UrbanClap. Alone, you will have to spend a lot of time packing all your stuff – physically tiring and mentally stressful hours and days that you would have to take off your work. You would also have to hire a truck or use other cargo carriers. They do not take responsibility for the safety of your belongings and will not be careful with them. They are simply trying to get to a destination on time. On the other hand, a packing and moving service places greater emphasis on the safety of the goods being transported. The time savings alone makes hiring professional packers and movers the better option. When you add the cost of potential damaged items, it is readily apparent that hiring professionals will make your moving costs much less – both financially and mentally.
- Insurance and Claims: Professional packers and movers provide transit insurance that covers all the goods being moved by them. You can rest easy knowing your precious belongings are covered. They also settle any claims within a matter of days if there is any accidental damage, which rarely ever happens. For example, UrbanClap offers a Rs 10,000- guarantee in case of damages caused during relocation. The fact that your belongings are insured is reason enough to opt for professionals. They will always pack your goods such that they do not move around and get dislodged, even on Indian roads (and in Indian traffic). This ensures they do not have to hand out avoidable claims. For you, it means transportation safety.
[Also read: Tips On How To Pack Up And Move With Kids]
- Warehousing: This applies mostly when moving to a different city. Usually, such a move means that there is a time gap between when you physically leave your current house and move in to your new address in the new city. If you were to move your stuff by yourself, arranging for warehousing services can be quite a hassle. Safety is a concern too. With professional packers and movers, all your goods will be packed into a single container that can be off-loaded and attached to a different truck. The professional movers you hire will have their own warehousing arrangements where the container (and your belongings) will be stored safely until you are ready to receive it.
- Partial Packing: Sometimes, you make a move in stages. You may go and get a new home ready before your family follows. In some cases, you may shift alone while your family stays behind at the current address. This is quite common when a move might disrupt your children’s school or college schedule. Professional movers offer the option for partial packing and transport of your belongings without disrupting the rest of your belongings. This makes a partial move stress-free and safe.
If you have to shift to a new address soon or are planning one shortly, contact us to find out what options we can provide. Our Packers and Movers are trained and professional crews who can handle all your needs and ensure a hassle-free move.