With Christmas and New Year’s hogging all the limelight in December, birthdays tend to take a hit. More so, when you are hosting all the parties at your place and food menus start to overlap. But you wouldn’t want your kid’s birthday party to lack that shine. So, here’s us listing down 5 easy dessert recipes for your child’s birthday party to help you make it a memorable one.
Oh! and did we mention how easy they are? Even a non-cook and a non-baker can churn these recipes with perfection. And we guarantee you will not feel guilty to keep an extra bite for yourself!
1. The No Bake Nutella Cheesecake!
Yes, you read that right. You don’t necessarily need a microwave to bake that super yummy cheese cake. You can bake an equally tasty one without it! The best part about this cake is, it just requires 4-5 ingredients! So, let’s get started.
To prepare this No Bake Nutella Cheesecake you would need the following ingredients:
For the Crust
- Oreo biscuits – 264g
- 4 tbsp. (56g) butter, melted
For the Filling
- 678g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups (470g) Nutella
- 3 tbsp. (21g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (157g) Nutella
- 1/4 cup (60ml) heavy cream
- 6 Ferrero Rocher, chopped
- Mix the Oreo biscuit crumbs and the melted butter
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan and let it set in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours
- Beat the cream cheese, vanilla extract(optional), Cocoa powder and the sugar together until you get a smooth batter.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the batter
- Pour the batter on the crust and let it set in the refrigerator for 4-6 hrs
- For the ganache heat up the Nutella and whip it to get a smooth consistency. Cool it down a bit before pouring it on top of the cheesecake
- Top with crumbles Ferrero rocher!
2. Cake popsicles
This recipe is very interesting and gives a quirky twist to the boring cake! Not only are the little popsicles a delight to the eyes they are equally pleasing to your taste buds! We can assure you that these tiny cakes will be a huge hit with the kids.
- Any cake of your choice (red velvet, vanilla, chocolate). You are free to experiment with any flavor you want!
- Cream cheese (at room temperature)
- Toppings- you can choose from gems, M&Ms, colorful sprinkles, crushed Ferrero rocher, KitKat.
Note: you can measure the ingredients accordingly for a single scoop of cake crumbs
- Crumble the cake of your choice and mix the crumbs with cream cheese until you get a coarse mixture
- shape them into balls and using any topping of your choice roll them on the topping
- Slide in a stick and refrigerate them for an hour or so. (you can consume them directly as well)
3. Jar full of happiness!
This is a simple and a highly innovative dessert that your kid can make himself. You can practically add any ingredient and make a jar for yourself!
Let us look at a very basic recipe of the same.
For this, you would require:
- Freshly cut bananas or strawberries
- Whipped cream
- Oreo cookie crumbles
- Toppings of your choice, such as gems, colorful sprinkles, Chocos, and chocolate shavings
Arrange all these ingredients in layers. You can start with Oreo cookie crumble as the base, followed by some whipped cream, bananas/strawberries, Nutella, bananas/strawberries again, some more of Oreo crumble and then whipped cream again. You can finish it off with the favorite topping of your choice.
4. Rice Krispy Treats!
Rice Krispies are fluffy, crunchy and so yummy! You can add a twist to these Krispies and turn them into your kid’ favorite dessert!
- A packet of store bought rice Krispies
- Dark/ white chocolate or Nutella or peanut butter
On a pot of boiling water gently place a heat-safe bowl with any chocolate of your choice and melt it to reach a smooth consistency. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate in the microwave, but make sure you don’t burn it. Let the liquid chocolate cool for a while and then pour them on the rice Krispy biscuits. That’s it! And you are done!
Enjoy them with a warm cup of milk or as is!
5. Fried ice creams!
Sounds so confusingly yum, right? What’s a dessert without a bit of ice-cream in it! Hence, we have come up with this super too-good-to-be-true fried ice-cream recipe. You would thank us later!
- Ice-cream of your choice
- Bread slices
- Cornflakes (crushed)
- Dark liquid chocolate
- Cinnamon sugar powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Scoop out a generous amount of ice-cream and wrap it up in a piece of aluminum foil and refreeze it for at least 2 hrs.
- Next, take a bread slice and cut off the sides. Using a rolling pin, flatten it out completely
- Take the ice-cream scoop out of the refrigerator and place it on the flatbread slice and roll them into a ball.
- Beat the eggs and keep aside
- Gently roll the bread-ice cream ball in the beaten egg. Take it out and roll it into the crushed cornflakes
- Drop the ball carefully into the heated oil and deep fry until golden brown
- Remove the balls and roll them on the cinnamon sugar powder mix and voila!
So, Mommies, get your aprons and make it a drool-worthy birthday party!