Deepika Padukone is perhaps one of the most beautiful Indian actresses. She is gorgeous, talented and also, very fit. These qualities have played a large role in her success and today she is a household name in the country.Apart from her striking good looks, Deepika is also admired for her fabulously toned body. She is one of the fittest actresses in B-Town and a role model for many.Just like us, life has shown her many ups and downs but she has always been vocal about her fight against depression. She even stated that staying fit and working out, along with eating right helped her see the phase through.
If you too desire a toned body like Deepika’s, you need to start a workout routine like hers. Deepika stresses on complementing fitness exercises with a proper diet and a lot of rest. Read this article to know more about how she achieves her fitness goals.
Deepika has always been an advocate of healthy eating. She strongly discourages crash diets and plans that aim at rapid weight loss through insufficient food intake. According to her, the perfect meal plan should be absolutely balanced. Here are the details about her regular diet plan:
- Deepika starts her day with a glass of water, either with some lime juice or some fenugreek seeds.
- For breakfast, she prefers two egg whites along with a glass of skimmed milk.
- Grilled fish and a serving of mixed vegetables make up her lunch platter.
- For dinner, Deepika avoids non-vegetarian food. She sticks to homemade chapattis and vegetables.
- Deepika often snacks on low-fat south Indian goodies like upma and idli, along with some fresh sambhar.
- She drinks water constantly, throughout the day. She strongly advices everyone to drink more fluids. One can often spot her sipping coconut water, fresh fruit juices and smoothies.
- She snacks on fresh fruits in between her meals. She attributes her glowing skin to the many servings of fresh fruits that she has throughout the day. It helps her detox and supplies her with the right kind of energy and nutrition that she needs.
- She sticks to a timeline and never eats anything unless it is at the right time.
- She does not have any carbs, especially rice, after 7 in the evening.
- Deepika insists on homemade food and avoids all kinds of outside food, including the food served on set. She gets her food cooked at home and delivered hot and fresh wherever she is shooting. This helps her stay away from the unnecessary fats, oils, salt and sugar loaded foods around.
Deepika is not extremely rigid about her diet. While most of the time she sticks to her diet, at times she does cheat. Indulging in street foods such as vada pao and sev puri is one of her favorite things to do. She feels she needs to satisfy her cravings at times or her fitness journey would become too difficult. She does, however, attribute her body structure and her good metabolism rate to her genes.
Deepika has many activities listed under her fitness routine. She is not someone who only sweats it out in the gym. Her workout routine includes the following:
She is an avid dancer and dancing is an important part of her full body workout. She makes it a point to dance in any form every day. The types of dance forms that she practices regularly include Bollywood, Kathak, Jazz, and Bharatnatyam. Dancing is an interesting way to stay fit. It helps you work out while you enjoy the music and the body movements. It is not a challenging fitness exercise, so you too can give it a try like Deepika.
- Yoga and Pilates
Deepika is a big fan of Pilates. She daily practices Pilates, a form of holistic exercise that improves the posture, flexibility and the mental as well as physical strengths of a person. Apart from Pilates, Deepika also swears by Yoga. Her yoga routine comprises of:
- Surya Namaskar – 10 counts
- Marjarisana (cat pose)
- Virabhadrasana (warrior pose)
- Sarvangasana (shoulder stand)
She finishes off her Yoga routine with a compulsory round of meditation as that helps build her mental strength, awareness, and works for her overall wellbeing. You can find many videos of Deepika practicing yoga. Have a look at some and get inspired to start your own fitness routine as well.
Also read: 7 Reasons Why You Should Practice Yoga
- Walking and running
Deepika starts her day with a run. She begins by walking and after her body is warmed up, she goes for a run. This lasts at least half an hour, at times even more. Deepika states that walking and running are two of the most effective and easy fitness exercises and she urges everyone to follow it. She attributes her fitness largely to walking and running on a regular basis. So now you know exactly what you need to do to kick-start your own fitness schedule.
Unlike many of the other Bollywood A-listers, Ms. Padukone is not a huge fan of the gym. She, in fact, doesn’t go to the gym on a regular basis. However, she does enjoy working out at the gym. If she is traveling, she makes it a point to hit the gym every day. She also trains in the gym according to her work schedule. Some of her most preferred gym exercises include:
- Cardio workouts on the treadmill, cycling and elliptical.
- Light to moderate weight training.
- Freehand exercises under the watchful eyes of her trainer include crunches, push-ups, pull-ups squats and planks.
- Stretching exercises are a vital component of her workout plan.
Deepika’s fitness exercises are varied. She does not like to stick to any one type of workout routine as boredom sets in. She, therefore, mixes a variety of exercises and various forms of fitness workouts to shed the flab, maintain her ideal weight and, also to get the physical as well as mental strengths she needs to carry on in her daily life. If you’re also the one who doesn’t like going to gym on a regular basis, you can hire a fitness trainer at home from UrbanClap.
Rest is essential, and this is another thing Deepika swears by. She sleeps for as long as she can at night, given her busy schedule. She also believes in the importance of proper warm-up and warm-down exercises before and after any workout. Unless the muscles are rested, ready and properly healed, no exercise regime will work. So, when you undertake a fitness routine, make sure you get the right amount of rest as only then will you be able to flaunt a body as gorgeous as Deepika’s.
Understand your body type
Different people have different types of bodies. You, therefore, must start from a reasonable point and work your way up. If you have some extra flab, start by shedding those up and then begin a fitness schedule like that of Deepika. This will fetch you the desired results in a methodical manner and will help you to maintain your weight thereafter. You also must keep your own food and nutritional needs in mind and not blindly follow a celebrity diet plan.
For this, is highly advisable for you to consult a professional dietician. After analyzing your health, the dietician will give you an effective diet chart. A dietician can prescribe you with a more adaptable diet that you can include in your fitness schedule. Once you are close to your fitness goals and feel you are ready to follow the actress’s fitness and diet routine, go ahead and give it a try.
Also read: From Fat To Fit: How Aamir Khan Did It!