About One Page Website
There are many standard and popular web-page designs. Web designing styles have many trends that come and go. One-page websites or single-page websites started around 2010, and ever since, have created their own niche.
Pros of One-Page Websites
One-page websites are trendy and immediately grab a visitor’s attention for the following reasons:
- Creativity – There are many well-designed one-page websites – creative, unique and visually appealing. They can be used by web designers to showcase their designing talent. Many designers take part in one-page website challenges on the web. The challenge lies in the fact that one-page websites go against the basics of traditional web design.
- Concise and business friendly – These become useful for business purposes as the website visitor would have a well-defined view of the page. These single-page websites enable users to subscribe, buy, or get updated newsletters through easy navigation.
- Cellphone friendly – Single-page websites are great for people who access the internet from their cellphones. The size of the content does not become smaller, enabling a user-friendly experience. Also, visitors do not need to click on icons, or scroll down or up.
- Image friendly – Single-page websites can have a lot of images on them. They can be a great tool to keep visitors occupied – images manage to remain in the mind for longer periods than words.
- Maintenance friendly – Single-page websites are easier to maintain than multi-page websites.
- Control – The website’s owner can control the flow of information by arranging articles or photos accordingly, as one-page websites have a linear flow.
Cons of One-Page Websites
- Not SEO friendly – Single-page websites cannot be optimised for SEO content that contains a lot of keywords. It becomes counterproductive for websites that have one-page content to follow the recent trends in web designing.
- Not for people with short attention spans – One-page websites are not great for visitors who multitask or are in a hurry. With unique designs, a visitor might not know where to click to get the information he/she needs.
- Not ideal for small business owners – Single-page websites are developed by web designers who have enough programming language. One needs to be completely dependent on web designers. Many times, they are difficult to code. A coding team of web designers is needed for a website to run efficiently.
- No proper diagnostic feature – Unlike multi-page websites, it is impossible to strategize a single-page website. The owner of a single-page website would not be able to know what content is diverting visitors away from the website. It also becomes difficult for website owners to know what visitors find interesting.
- Not ideal for sharing specific articles – When single-page websites have lot of different content, it can become hard to find a particular piece. Even if the links are provided on other multi-page websites, it will be difficult to scroll through to find the specific article.
- More time to load – If there are too many images on a single-page website, it will take more time to load. This will distract visitors and the website owner would not be able to analyse the traffic properly.
- Endless scrolling – Many single-page websites have great content and great photos. But it becomes difficult to find a dated article or an image – one has to endlessly scroll through the website. [Also Read: Top 7 Reasons Why Your Small Business Needs a Website]
Now that you know what advantages and disadvantages an one-page website provides you, go ahead and book a professional from UrbanClap. Here we provide the most reliable and knowledgeable professional website designers who can assist you in making your own website. Whether it is a multi-page or a one-page website, UrbanClap connects you with the best in your city, at the comfort of your own home.