Just like any other spa treatment, a hair spa is also a rejuvenating treatment with its own benefits. In this case, there are two. Firstly, it relaxes you and secondly, it helps to make your hair soft and lustrous. In the past, mothers and grandmothers used to give hair oil massages, known as champi, to keep your hair healthy and stimulate hair growth. That era is long gone but you can now opt for a hair spa to get the same benefits.
Modern hair spa treatments are a great help in reducing the effects of pollution, dirt and sun, and strengthening your hair. If you visit a salon for a hair spa treatment, they will first check the condition of your hair along with your hair type and suggest a suitable hair spa treatment. Some of the hair and scalp issues that you can get rid of by opting for hair spa treatments regularly are:
- Hair prone to breakage
- Thinning hair
- Hair fall
- Dry and dull hair
- Rough hair
- Dry and itchy scalp
- Slow hair growth
- Oily scalp
If you have undergone a strong hair treatment such as re-bonding, bleaching, colouring, smoothening, perming or curling, your hair needs extra care in the form of hair spa treatment to stay healthy.
6 Types of Hair Spa Treatments
Which hair spa treatment to opt for depends on your hair type as well as the hair or scalp issues you are facing. Some hair spa treatments will strengthen your hair while others will address your hair concerns, such as hair thinning, dandruff and itchy scalp. Some of the popular hair spa treatments include:
- Anti-dandruff Hair Spa Treatment: This treatment is meant to deal with unsightly dandruff that can impact the self-confidence of an individual. The products used to add lustre to the hair and make the scalp clear and fresh.
- Calming Treatment: Dry and itchy scalp can be a cause of discomfort and embarrassment for many people which is why most salons offer a calming hair spa treatment. The products used in this spa treatment soothe the scalp and reduce the itchy sensation.
- Anti-hair Fall Treatment: Hair fall can cause stress and anxiety among the best of us. Different hair products containing Omega-3 fatty acids and other ingredients help stimulate hair follicles and promote hair growth. Undergoing this hair spa treatment for a few months can help deal with hair fall effectively.
- Balancing Treatment: An oily scalp can lead to lack of volume in hair as well as dandruff. A specialised hair spa treatment helps balance the oily scalp and refreshes it completely. It is not harsh on the hair and helps keep it smooth and lustrous.
- Hair Spa for Coloured Hair: Coloured hair needs extra protection and care since they are fragile and prone to breaking because of the colouring treatments. Salons offer a colour radiance hair spa treatment that protects the colour against sun and pollution damage and also adds potent filters to help maintain your hair colour with no fading.
- Smoothing Treatment: Irrespective of your hair type, a smoothing hair spa treatment can help manage your hair properly. Infused with rich oils and antioxidants, the products used in this spa treatment smooth out unruly hair and make it more manageable.
After the in-salon hair spa treatment, you can ask the salon professional from UrbanClap to suggest suitable hair care products for your hair. You can use them to maintain your hair until your next hair spa appointment. Over time, your hair will become stronger and smoother than ever before and be the envy of everyone around you.
Top 6 Hair Spa Benefits
Some people do not know how good hair spa can be for their hair and even assume that hair spa treatments are expensive. This is simply not true since there are different types of hair spa treatments for different hair types as well as budgets. You can go for a simple treatment regularly and choose an advanced treatment for special occasions or if you are dealing with hair problems.
Here are some of the benefits of hair spa treatments:
- It deep conditions the hair. One of the main benefits of hair spa treatments is that it deep conditions the hair. The products used for hair spa at the salon or home are meant to add hydration to the hair so that it becomes smooth and shiny.
- It normalises oil secretion. Whether you have oily or dry scalp, regular hair spa treatments can help normalise oil secretion in your scalp. If you have an oily scalp, the salon professionals will use a product that removes excess oil from the scalp and refreshes it. Whereas, if you have a dry scalp, they will use a nourishing product that promotes oil secretion in your scalp.
- It promotes blood circulation. Any kind of hair massage promotes blood circulation in the scalp and help promote hair growth. If you want to grow your hair faster, going for hair spa treatments regularly may help you immensely.
- It repairs damaged hair. Your hair may get damaged because of frequent hair colouring, bleaching, usage of hot styling tools, pollution, stress, bad diet, etc. Hair spa treatments can help repair the damage to your hair so that it is soft, healthy and lustrous.
- It helps deal with hair and scalp issues. People suffer from plenty of hair problems including hair fall, premature greying, hair breakage, dandruff, etc. Different types of hair spa treatments are available to deal with each of these issues.
- It is relaxing to the mind. Hair spa can help you relax and keep stress at bay. Different techniques used in hair spa to massage the scalp can reduce the tension in your neck and shoulders and also help you feel calm.
[Also read: Top 10 Advantages And Disadvantages Of Hair Spa]
How To Do Hair Spa at Home
If you think that spa treatment at the salon is too expensive then you can get hair spa at home by booking a service at UrbanClap mobile app. You can also go for a simple hair spa treatment at home by doing it yourself. All you need are a few hair care products meant for your hair type. Here are the hair spa steps you need to follow:
Step 1: Apply hair oil to your hair and scalp properly. Massage it thoroughly and relax while it seeps into your hair.
Step 2: Apply a nourishing hair mask to your hair based on your hair type. Spread it to the length of your hair making sure that you cover each and every strand.
Step 3: Take a hot towel and wrap it around your head to help open the pores. This will also enable your hair to absorb the nourishment from the oil and hair mask completely.
Step 4: Put on a hair cap and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Your hair will absorb the hair mask well.
Step 5: Massage your hair once again to distribute the remaining hair mask to your hair. If you feel that your hair is really dry, you can apply another layer of hair mask and then let it sit for another 10-15 minutes.
Step 6: Wash your hair with a gentle shampoo and apply a conditioner to your hair.
Step 7: Remove the excess water from your hair and finish off with a serum. Leave your hair open to let it dry naturally.
Your hair will feel soft and nourished after just one hair spa treatment even if you do it at home. One of the main benefits of going to a salon for hair spa is that they will use the products meant to suit your hair type and address your hair concerns. You can book UrbanClap’s hair spa also use our hair care experts to get a hair spa done right at your home.
[Recommended Reading: The ULTIMATE Guide on How to Maintain Long Hair]
Hair spa treatments are fast becoming an important part of hair care in the modern world. However, you also need to pay attention to your diet and lifestyle to maintain a healthy body and hair. A balanced diet is ideal to ensure that your hair receives maximum nutrition from the body and stays beautiful for years. Also, try to avoid heat styling your hair often or drying it with a dryer every time you wash it since heat can damage your hair and make it dull and prone to breakage.
With a good diet and strong hair care routine, your luscious hair will bring you compliments from one and all when you step out of the house.