Honey has a large number of benefits for your skin and the easiest way to make your skin glow is by using a honey face pack. As it is extremely moisturizing, honey helps your skin retain moisture to combat dryness. Honey is also rich in antioxidants that help in forming new skin cells to fight ageing. Moreover, it is naturally antibacterial so it’s great for acne treatment and prevention. Apart from these, honey also acts as a gentle exfoliator and pore cleanser to give you a clearer complexion. Thus, honey is a powerhouse for skincare and is the answer to all your skincare woes.
In this post, you will learn:
1. The benefits of applying honey on your face.
2. How to prepare homemade face masks with honey for different skin types.
Listed below are some easy homemade honey face pack recipes which use just two ingredients which you can easily find. Additionally, we have also discussed how each ingredient works to make your skin better.
1. Honey Face Pack for Dull Skin
While the lemon juice in this face pack brightens your skin, honey acts as a moisturizer. Apart from those two benefits, this mask also fights acne and diminishes signs of ageing. Thus, this face pack is an all rounder for healthy skin.
1 TBS raw honey , 1 tsp Lemon Juice
• Combine raw honey and lemon juice
• Apply it on your cleansed face.
• Let it sit on your face for 20 minutes.
• After washing the face pack off, apply an oil-free moisturizer.
For best results, use this mask daily.
2. Honey Face Pack For Glowing Skin
Turmeric contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory component which brighten your skin and add a glow to it. And when you add honey to it, you get a powerhouse of nutrients which work together to give you amazing skin. Additionally, this face pack also fights acne and has been proven effective by thousands of women around the world.
1 TBS Raw honey and a pinch of Turmeric
• Mix the ingredients together.
• Put this mix on your cleansed face.
• Rinse it using normal water after 15 minutes.
Use this once or twice a week.
3. Honey Face Pack For Oily Skin
While honey moisturizes your skin, multani mitti helps in absorbing the excess oil and other impurities from the skin. When combined together, these two absorb excess sebum from you skin to leave in soft and glowing. Thus, this pack is very effective for those of you who have oily skin.
1 TBS Raw honey and 2 TBS Multani mitti
• Make a mixture of multani mitti and honey to form a paste. Add a little bit water if required.
• Apply this paste on your cleansed face.
• Let it sit on your face for 20 minutes and rinse with normal water.
• After patting your face dry with a towel, apply moisturizer.
You can use this two to three times a week.
4. Anti-Acne Honey Face Mask
When the anti-inflammatory properties of cinnamon are combined with the anti-microbial properties of honey, you get a potent combination which is great for acne removal. As both of these ingredients are gentle on skin, they soothe inflamed skin while their healing properties help fight acne.
2 TBS Raw honey and 1 tsp Cinnamon
• Mix the cinnamon and honey together in a bowl.
• Apply the paste on your cleansed face.
• Leave it on your face for 10-15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
If you have persisting acne issues, you can use this pack daily.
Click here for more Face Packs For Dry Skin
5. Honey Face Mask for Dry Skin
Avocado is rich in vitamins and has a high content of Vitamin E, healthy fats and antioxidants which are all essential for healthy skin. Thus, when applied to your face, avocado keeps your skin soft and smooth. When combined with honey, this forms a nourishing and moisturizing acne-fighting mask which will give you vibrant and glowing skin.
2 TBS Raw honey and 1/2 Ripe avocado
• Mash the avocado and add honey to it
• Make a paste and apply this on your cleansed face.
• Wash it off after 10-15 minutes.
This mask is gentle enough to use daily
6. Honey For Sensitive Skin
Yogurt has the properties to tighten the pores and remove dead skin cells while the lactic acid present in it gently exfoliates dead skin cells and brightens the complexion. In addition to this, it also helps in removing fine lines to fight signs of ageing. Thus, when yogurt is combined with honey, you have a foolproof formula for better skin.
1 TBS Honey and 2 TBS Yogurt
• Combine yogurt and honey for a mask like consistency.
• Apply the mask on your cleansed face.
• Leave this for 20 minutes and then rinse it.
This can be done once or twice a week.