Habits are tough to develop. Especially the ones related to feet. How cribbing it is to moisturize your feet, spray a deodorizer for odor, put of foot socks (wash them regularly), and cover your feet up with strong shoes. While you are struggling to pull together the prevention, a pair of flipflops will begin to tempt you to just slip them on and walk away! And with no lying, we all succumb to this terrible temptation.
Why terrible? Because your feet are exposed to close to eight hours of dust, harsh sunlight, garbage and sultry airs. By the time you come home, your feet are replicas of ash cans, toes filled with dirt, heels cracked to make valleys under your feet.
But worry not for here we present to you Top 6 Foot Scrubs to fight tan and reform your feet over night! Read to know how to do natural pedicure at home.
1. Tea Tree and Mint Foot Scrub
A significant ingredient in this scrub is the black lava salt. This can be doubled with a simple sea salt mixture but black lava salt is filled with activated charcoal. Activated charcoal has a magnetic effect towards tan and will suck the darkness off your feet. It also happens to be a strong detoxifier helping your feet to get rid of harmful toxins it is exposed to everyday. Other than that, tea tree oil or essence will add the soothing effect to the scrub and will help your feet muscles relax. Added to this peppermint essence will help you battle feet odour.
- Fill a three-fourths of the jar with salt.
- Add a carrier oil- a base oil of any constituent to fill the salt part of the jar.
- Now add three drops of each essence into the mixture.
2. Brown Sugar Foot Scrub
Sugar too is a well know base material for scrubs. Just like salt, sugar’s coarse surface helps the user to rub along the tan lines and exfoliate the dirt of your feet. A topping to this is brown sugar. Brown sugar is known to have a stronger effect on the feet owing to stronger carbons in its constitution. The other ingredient at hand is baking soda whose sodium bicarbonate substances will react exothermically on the feet and easily alleviate dirt from the feet.
- In a canister, mix brown sugar and baking soda in equal quantities.
- Add carrier oil (preferably olive oil as it can carry the baking soda reaction) to the mixture.
- Wait until baking soda finishes reacting and use it.
3. Rosemary and Peppermint Foot Scrub
Rosemary and peppermint are the power combination to set your feet afloat. These light essential oils will help you shed down the nervous tension which is mounting up like a weight on your feet. Your feet nerves are relaxed and you will be up for another day of walking around. The soothing yet strong essence emanating from the scrub will help you clear blocks in your nasal cavity. In this scrub, we advise you to incorporate some coconut oil in relation with olive oil for we all know that coconut oil is one beauty hack that is being handed down to us for generations now.
- A fourth of cup of Kosher salt or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 drops of peppermint and rosemary essence
- Put them all in the canister and mix to form a scrub.
4. Camphor and Eucalyptus Honey Foot Soak
Working women swear by honey for with just one application, honey is known to have cleared a layer of tan. If you are a Hindu, you would know that camphor when burnt it will be exothermic but has a very cold fee to it. As usual, sea salt is known to have cleared feet off dirt since time immemorial! Added to all this is eucalyptus oil which can calm the nerves in the feet and comfort it for the day’s walking. Remember that this is not just a scrub but a soak. So, you do not have to rub your foot with anything but you need to keep your feet undisturbed for over half an hour for desired results.
- In 8 cups of hot water add one cup of honey and 2 cups of sea salt
- When it comes to oils, add 6 drops of eucalyptus and camphor oil, both cooling agents.
- Optionally, you can add a tablespoon of almond oil and arnica oil for a sweet fragrance.
5. Sugar Cookie Foot Scrub
What do you need to make a batch of yummy cookies? Some sugar, added to cocoa powder with a dash of vanilla extract and a little oil! What if we tell you that the same recipe with a little tweaking can give your cookie feet too? Replace the cocoa powder with brown sugar and you are good to go! White sugar gives out moisturization while the brown sugar is known to rub against your feet to remove unwanted tan lines. A little olive oil will soften your feet and some vanilla will leave your feet smelling great! Make this as a cute Valentine’s day gift for your friend!
- A cup of both sugars and oil to moisten them and six drops of vanilla extract, all whisked up gives you a great foot scrub.
6. Coconut Salt Scrub
Coconut is a gift to mankind from mother nature. It is a naturally occurring moisturizer that can nourish the roots of our hair, hydrate our skin, clean up the body of toxins when consumed and soften the cracks on hands and legs. Such a power ingredient can make your cracked feet revel in velvety softness too! The salt will do its job to exfoliate the depths of your feet while the oil will sooth the same crevices. For some fragrance, add jasmine essence which is often called a melodious medley when added to coconut.
- Pour in coconut oil to moisten a cup of salt with six drops of jasmine essence.
- Honey and Lemon Foot Bath
- Strawberry Sugar Scrub
- Peppermint Foot Scrub
- Peppermint Honey Feet Treat
Overall, we advise you to store the scrubs in a cold dry place and in sterilized canisters. Let the scrub sit overnight for best results.