Our skin needs to be taken care of on a regular basis. During the winters especially, our skin tends to dry faster making it even more important to pamper and nourish it. You may visit the salon once in a month or so. However, that simply doesn’t substitute the daily clean-up regime that you can do at home which can keep your skin soft and supple, apart from making it glow.
Following a difficult and high maintenance daily, clean-up regime is difficult to stick with. So, here are the 5 quick tips you can follow to keep your skin healthy and provide the natural glow from within!
Take a look below at the detailed step-by-step guide to do a face clean-up at home:
- Wash your face: This goes without saying, but the first step towards achieving a flawless skin is to clean and wash it properly. You can use a mild soap or face wash for the purpose. Or you can just rinse it off with plain water. If you want a refreshing, natural cleanser, you can make an easy concoction at home. If you have dry skin, mix one spoon of ground almonds to two spoons of fresh yogurt and apply on your face. For an oily skin, you could make a mixture of equal portions of honey and lemon juice. Apply it on your skin, leave for a couple of minutes and then wipe off with a soft cloth or tissue. And then rinse with some cold water.
- Scrub out the dead cells: Dead cells, blackhead and dirt deep inside the skin pores won’t come out if you merely wash your face. You also need to scrub your face. There are many good scrubbing packs available in the market, but you can quite easily make one at home too. Take three spoons of uncooked oats and mix it with one spoon of honey. Use this to scrub your face. You could also make a facial scrub with two spoons of granulated sugar and one spoon of coconut oil. Massage the scrub on your face in a circular motion for a good five minutes. After that, rinse it off with plain water.
- Use a toner: A toner acts as a medicine and covers up any skin breakages that may happen due to the scrubbing. After scrubbing your face may be susceptible to redness and burning so you need to apply a toner right away. You can buy a readymade toner. But since your carrying out the beauty services at home, try using a very simple and effective homemade toner. All you have to do is add a few drops of rose water to some freshly squeezed aloe gel. Apply this on your face and experience an instant cool and comfortable feeling.
- Use a face pack: The next step is to apply a face pack. You can make a very simple yet effective face pack by mixing one small banana, half a spoon of honey, one spoon of yogurt and a few drops of rosewater. Make a thick paste with these ingredients and apply it evenly all over the face. Leave the pack for at least fifteen minutes. Then, gently rinse it off with cold water. Do not scrub or wipe it too hard. Just keep peeling it off till the whole pack comes off.
- Apply some face cream: The final step of such salon at home services is to moisturise your skin properly. If you do not moisturise your skin after a thorough clean up, the effects won’t last for too long and your face won’t glow as much as you would want it to. So apply a face cream or a moisturiser and gently rub it into your face. This is the final step and will give your face a beautiful look and feel. You must however be careful and select the right kind of face cream. There are many creams available in the market, but choose the one that suits your particular skin type.
This simple step-by-step guide will help you get a clean and glowing face from the comfort of your home!