Our skin needs to be taken care of on a regular basis. Especially during winters when our skin tends to dry faster making it even more important to pamper and nourish it. Even if you visit a salon or call an at-home beautician regularly, it doesn’t substitute the daily face clean-up at home regime that you can do. Face cleanup at home keeps your skin soft, supple and naturally nourished.
Following a high maintenance regime for face cleanup at home is difficult to stick with. So, here are face cleanup steps you can follow to keep your face glowing and nourished.
Face Cleanup At Home In 5 Steps
Take a look below at the detailed face cleanup steps you can follow at home:
- Wash your face: This goes without saying, but the first step towards achieving a flawless skin is to clean and wash it properly. You can use a mild soap or face wash for the purpose. Or you can just rinse it off with plain water. If you want a refreshing, natural cleanser, you can make an easy concoction at home.For face cleanup for dry skin, mix one spoon of ground almonds to two spoons of fresh yogurt and apply on your face.For face cleanup at home for oily skin, make a mixture of equal portions of honey and lemon juice. Apply it on your skin, leave for a couple of minutes and then wipe off with a soft cloth or tissue. And then rinse with some cold water. You should also consider applying face pack for oily skin to get the most out of your face clean up.
- Scrub out the dead cells: Dead cells, blackheads and dirt deep inside the skin pores won’t come out if you merely wash your face. You also need to scrub your face. There are many good scrubbing packs available in the market, but you can quite easily make one at home too. Take three spoons of uncooked oats and mix it with one spoon of honey. Use this to scrub your face. You could also make a facial scrub with two spoons of granulated sugar and one spoon of coconut oil. Massage the scrub on your face in a circular motion for a good five minutes. After that, rinse it off with plain water.However, if you are doing face cleanup for acne prone skin, avoid this scrubbing as it will worsen your acne. If you still want to scrub, go for an extremely mild face scrub.
- Use a toner: A toner acts as a medicine and covers up any skin breakages that may happen due to the scrubbing. After scrubbing your face may be susceptible to redness and burning so you need to apply a toner right away. You can buy a ready-made toner. But since your carrying out beauty services at home, try using a very simple and effective homemade toner. All you have to do is add a few drops of rose water to some freshly squeezed aloe gel. Apply this on your face and experience an instant cool and comfortable feeling. This can be done irrespective of your skin type, dry, oily or acne prone.
- Use a face pack: The next step is to apply a face pack. You can make a very simple yet effective face pack by mixing one small banana, half a spoon of honey, one spoon of yogurt and a few drops of rosewater. Make a thick paste with these ingredients and apply it evenly all over the face. Leave the pack for at least fifteen minutes. Then, gently rinse it off with cold water. Do not scrub or wipe it too hard. Just keep peeling it off till the whole pack comes off.
[Also read- 2 Minute Guide to Finding the Best Face Mask for Your Skin Type]
- Apply face cream: The final step is to moisturize your skin properly. If you do not moisturize your skin after a thorough face clean up, the effects won’t last for too long and your face won’t glow as much as you would want it to. So apply a face cream or a moisturizer and gently massage it across your face. This is the final step and will give your face a beautiful look and feel. You must, however, be careful when choosing the face cream. There are many creams available in the market, but choose the one that suits your particular skin type.
This simple step-by-step face clean up guide will help you get a glowing and refreshed face from the comfort of your home!