Health benefits aside, turmeric is wonderful for your skin too! Using turmeric for dry skin can help you reduce flakiness and dryness, while increasing radiance and glow. In this post, you will learn:
- Why use turmeric face packs for dry skin
- Simple turmeric face packs for dry skin
Why use turmeric face packs for dry skin
For centuries people around the world have linked turmeric to healing properties and cosmetic benefits. Turmeric gets its health benefits primarily because of curcumin, which is a bioactive component. Curcumin has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Modern scientific research has proved the positive impact of turmeric on skin-related issues. It has several benefits for the skin, such as:
- It can work wonders on various skin conditions.
- The anti-inflammatory qualities can target your pores and calm the skin.
- It also reduces scarring.
5 easy ways to make turmeric face packs for dry skin
#1 Cream, gram flour and turmeric face pack
- Step 1- Mix 1 teaspoon of cream, 1 tablespoon of sandalwood, 2 tablespoons of gram flour, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and a pinch of turmeric to form a paste. The turmeric is for skin whitening and the cream helps in adding back moisture to the skin.
- Step 2- Make sure that no lumps are formed while you make the paste. Apply this pack all over your face, including your neck.
- Step 3- Keep it on for 15 minutes.
- Step 4- Rinse with warm water. Use this pack 2-3 times a week.
#2 Honey and turmeric face pack
- Step 1 – Mix 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon of milk cream, and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Step 2 – After the paste is ready, apply this pack all over your face and neck.
- Step 3 – Keep it on for 10- 15 minutes.
- Step 4 – Rinse with warm water. Use this pack 2-3 times a week.
Also Read: Turmeric For Oily Skin
#3 Turmeric, milk, and olive, coconut or argan oil
- Step 1- Mix 1 teaspoon of milk, two drops of olive oil and a pinch of turmeric powder. You can also use coconut or argan oil instead of olive oil.
- Step 2- Apply the mixture all over your face and neck. The milk and oil will hydrate your skin.
- Step 3- Keep it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Step 4- Rinse with warm water. Follow up with a moisturizer of your choice and you’re good to go! Use this pack 2-3 times a week.
#4 Egg white and turmeric face mask
- Step 1 – Mix the egg white with a few drops of olive oil or almond oil. Add rose water, lemon juice, and a pinch of turmeric to it. Eggs work as astringents and help relieve itchy and irritable skin.
- Step 2 – Apply this to all the dry areas of your body, especially the face, elbows, and knees. Rose water contains anti-inflammatory properties that soothe irritated and dry skin.
- Step 3 – Keep it on until the pack dries off completely and then rinse with warm water. Use this three to four times a week. Olive oil contains antioxidants, which is great for the skin. It also hydrates the skin.
#5 Milk, almond and turmeric face pack
- Step 1 – Mix 1 teaspoon of milk, 1 teaspoon of almond powder, and a pinch of turmeric until you get a paste. In case, the mixture is too thick, add some more milk. Turmeric and milk for the face are a good combination because they protect the skin from premature aging.
- Step 2 – Apply evenly on the clean skin over the entire face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Step 3 – Wipe away with a clean, warm cloth. Finish it with a splash of cold water.
- Step 4 – Don’t forget to moisturise! Use it once a week.
Precautions to take when applying turmeric face packs:
- Use turmeric in little quantity. When applied to the skin, turmeric can temporarily stain the skin or leave a yellowish residue.
- If you are allergic, direct skin contact can cause irritation, redness, and swelling.