Applying simple basic makeup to put on a natural everyday look does not require much of a skill. As we already know, makeup not only enhances our features but also boosts our confidence to kick-start the day. Beginners can also try out their hands at makeup and have fun creating different everyday looks. With these 9 basic makeup tips and tricks on makeup, you can become a pro. As a beginner, it will be easy for you to nail this makeup routine if you know just the basics. Let’s go step-by-step and understand how you can apply simple makeup to get a natural yet gorgeous look! As a beginner, you might need an advice on everything from choosing the right product to the right brush and the right way of applying makeup products and that’s we at UrbanClap are here for. Let’s get started with the basics!
The Pre-Makeup Routine: What to apply on face before makeup
Hydrating your skin before makeup is really important to make your skin feel soft and supple Before putting on makeup, ensure that you prepare your skin! This makes it easy for you to do your makeup!
1. Start with a clean slate!
- Cleanse your face:The first of many basic makeup tips in your skincare and makeup routine is cleansing your skin gently. Wash it with cold to remove any dirt or excess oil. A squeaky-clean skin instantly brightens up your look and mood for the day! For this, identify your skin type and choose a cleanser that suits your skin type. For example, if your skin is extremely dry, then go with a cream-based cleanser as it leaves oil residue post-cleansing. If your skin type is oily, then go with a gel-based cleanser which helps remove dirt and keeps the natural moisture of your skin intact.
- Use a toner:Skin toners can be very useful and a great adjunct to your skincare regimen. Especially, for those who have oily skin and acne-prone skin a basic makeup tip is to use toners. toners can do wonders by shrinking the appearance of a plugged pore. Just dab some toner on a cotton pad and damp it all over your face and neck. It will protect your skin and restore its natural look!
- Apply moisturizer:A moisturizer is a vital part of your skincare regimen. Whatever be your skin type, one of the basic makeup tips is keeping it hydrated which is essential to keep your skin healthy and supple. It also helps in getting a smooth finish of makeup. Choosing the right type of moisturizer for your skin type is equally important. For example, go for creamy and gentle moisturizer for sensitive skin. If your skin is dry, go with moisturizers offering long-lasting hydrating benefits.
- Put on sunscreen:UVA rays can be harmful to your skin, resulting in hyperpigmentation and early aging. Wearing SPF lotions is a real necessity to keep your skin safe from UVA risk. Protection is needed throughout the year for your skin even if it’s not a sunny day! Make sure you pick the sunscreen with the right SPH level for our skin.
The Makeup Routine: What goes first
2. Start with primer application:
Once you are done with your premake-up routine, start with applying a primer. It sets the base for your makeup by making your skin smoother and it makes sure that your makeup lasts longer. It’s a life saver for a bright sunny day Primers are available in power, gel and cream-based formulas for you to choose the most suitable for your skin type.
3. Apply foundation:
When it comes to applying foundation, choosing the right shade is really important to achieve the desired look. For this, match the shade with your chest to get the perfect one for your skin tone. Every beauty brand offers shades in mega numbers to choose from. There are some shades that can give you a really natural look. You need to put some foundation on your hand and apply it on your face using a brush. Ensure that you blend the foundation evenly on your face.
Tip: Use duo fiber brush as it can apply the liquid product with more precision and gives you subtle airbrushed look.
[Also read: Eye Makeup Brush Guide For Beginners]
4. Apply highlighter:
Highlighter makes your face look luminous and brightens up your features. It adds that extra drama to your regular makeup routine. Apply the highlighter on your cheekbones, bridge of your nose and inner corner of your eyes. If you are using a liquid highlighter, ensure that you blend it with a blending sponge. If you are using a powder highlighter, you can apply it using an angled powder brush. Blending it nicely gives a natural and subtle look.
5. Time to cover up with concealer:
Typically, a concealer is used to make color corrections and mask any spots, dark circles, blemishes and large pores. Put on an under-eye concealer to hide the dark circles. Always ensure to go with the concealer shade that is slightly lighter than your skin tone to get the perfect look. Apply concealer in upside down triangular way under your eyes, blending it well Dab some concealer on spots or large pores and blend it well you cover up the blemishes. Use a concealer brush to reach out to all the areas.
Eye makeup done right
6. Enhance your eyes:
Now that your base is ready, it’s time to enhance your features. Start with eyeliners. High-quality eyeliners are best to create any look. Lining the eye can be a bit challenging at the beginning but, with practice, you can master this art too! You can create any look using eyeliners. Keep it simple for your everyday routine. Line your eyes using high-quality eyeliner and lightly dust a matching eyeshadow of a similar shade to ensure that the look lasts longer. Ensure to blend the eyeshadow properly to avoid harsh lines. Now curl your lashes using a curler and add volume to your lashes by applying voluminous mascara.
7. Define your eyebrows:
Defined eyebrows can be an instant eyelift. Choose an eyebrow pencil matching your brow color. Lighter shades are more flattering. First, brush your brows and then feather in your eyebrows from inner corner to the upper arch. Then give a few small strokes using a brow pencil. Soften the strokes using a brow brush.Set it with tinted gel or a normal brow gel to give it a perfect finish. However, setting up the look can be optional.
Final makeup touches
8. Use a blush to get cheeky glow:
A little blush is all that you need to flaunt a flawless and fresh face after putting on your makeup. Go for lighter and soft shades of blush to make look natural and simple. Soft shades stimulate a natural glow and make your face look round. Blush adds more definition to your cheekbones and lets you radiate instantly by brightening your skin.
[Also Read: How To Apply Blush According To Your Face Shape]
9. Add colors to your lips:
Before you start working on your lips, use a lip brush to get rid of any dead skin. Then, moisturize your lips using a lip balm to get a natural look. Choose a lip color that can complement your overall look. You can use a lip liner to create a shape and define your lips if your lips are thin and uneven. Lipsticks are available in many shades and types. There are quite a lot of choices for you to experiment.
That’s all! You are ready to go!