All of us would want to have nice and glowing skin, but with so little time on our hands, very few of us manage to make the regular salon trips. As a result, beauty services at home are much sought after. If you too are looking for some salon services at home, you could start by doing the easy bits yourself. Sounds complicated? Well, it actually is very simple to get salon like glow at home. You just need to follow a few simple tips and your skin will become beautiful and glowing in no time.
5 steps to get salon-like glow at home
This step-by-step guide will help you get beautiful and nourished skin from the comforts of your home:
We begin with the basics. You have to first clear your face of sweat, oil, dirt and the makeup you may have on. To do this, you can either use a readymade face wash or you can make a simple cleanser at home.
How to make cleanser at home
- For oily skin: To make the cleanser, combine a spoon of honey, juice from half a lemon and some cold water. Dab this mixture on your face with a soft piece of cotton wool. Leave it for about five minutes.
- For dry skin: If your face is too dry, make a cleanser with 3 spoons of oatmeal, one spoon of milk and one spoon of water. Apply this to your face, keep it for a few minutes and rinse with some cold water.
The next step is to gently scrub your face. Again, it is perfectly alright for you to opt for a store-bought facial scrub. Alternatively, you could make the scrub at home too.
How to make face scrub at home
- Method 1: Just mix two spoons of organic honey and two spoons of granular sugar to make a coarse paste.
- Method 2: Another option is to make a scrub with some crushed coffee beans and poppy seeds.
Apply the mixture on your face and gently scrub to remove dead skin cells, blackheads and tanning as well. Move in a circular manner and keep going for about five minutes. Scrubbing not only removes the unwanted particles from your skin, it opens pores and allows the skin to breathe properly, which has many long-term benefits.
Scrubbing will remove some skin cells and leave your face vulnerable to redness, bumps and even rashes. To prevent this, immediately after scrubbing, apply a toner. Keep the toner ready beforehand.
How to make toner at home
- Boil some neem and mint leaves together. Let the liquid evaporate, till it becomes half of what it was initially. Strain and mix it with some aloe vera gel (you can also use the from your indoor aloe vera plant). Aloe, neem and mint have antibacterial and healing properties and keep your skin protected and fill out any small breakages.
Do not delay in applying the toner, as it is one of the most important components of this entire home beauty routine.
4. Apply face pack
The next step is to apply a face pack. You can get many good readymade face packs in the market.
How to make face pack at home
- For oily skin: Mix some crushed grapes with a beaten egg white and some sandalwood paste.
- For dry skin: Make a pack by blending some apple with a little cold milk. Keep the mask for about fifteen minutes and then gently wipe it off or rinse with cold water.
Salon services at home remain incomplete if you do not hydrate your skin properly. So, after the beauty treatment, make sure you moisturise your face very well. Use a good moisturiser that suits your skin type. Massage the moisturiser (or face cream) into the skin by moving your hands in a circular motion. Massage till the lotion is completely absorbed into your skin. If however you get a burning sensation or you think your face feels too oily, apply a smaller amount of moisturiser and don’t rub it in too much.
With this simple five-step routine, you can see a marked difference in your skin. Follow this routine once or twice a week and you will have a nourished, beautiful skin in no time.