Oily skin is a challenge. Apart from the sticky feeling, you also have to deal with problems like acne and infections when you have oily skin. It is therefore very important for you to take good care of your skin. Oily skin is actually not too bad. Among all the drawbacks, you also find a few blessings in disguise. The natural oils are found in abundance, something that most people miss having! All you need to do is distribute the oil all over your skin and also take the excess off. Wondering how all this can be done? Well, it’s rather simple – just turn to a few easy homemade face packs and your oily skin will become healthy and glowing in no time.
If you have acne-prone skin, add a 2-3 drops of tea tree oil to each of these packs. Read our post on how to use TEA TREE OIL FOR ACNE.
Face masks for oily skin
There is no single best face pack for oily skin, rather there are many! Now that sure is good news, isn’t it? Take a look at this list and choose your favourite face mask for oily skin.
- Chickpea flour and yogurt: This is a classic Indian face mask that generations of women have sworn by. This is a very good face mask for oily skin and is extremely simple to cook up too. All you have to do is take about two tablespoons of chickpea flour (besan). Add about one heaped tablespoon of yogurt to it and make a smooth paste. If needed, add more yogurt but don’t make it runny. Apply the mask on your face and let it dry. Then, gently massage the face in a circular motion. Finally, rinse your face with cold water. The chickpea flour absorbs the excess oil and the yogurt naturally moistures the skin, leaving it soft, supple and grease-free.
- Mint and honey: Mint is a wonder herb that has many therapeutic properties. The mint and honey mask is the perhaps the best face pack for oily skin, especially for those who suffer from acne and other skin rashes due to the excess oil in their skin. To make this face pack, you have to crush a few mint leaves and mix a sufficient amount of honey to it and make a paste. Apply it to your face and let it dry. Then gently rinse it off with some cold water. Apply this pack regularly and you will notice the acne disappearing from your face.
- Neem face mask: Neem is another natural ingredient that has helped treat skin problems for centuries. Neem is highly therapeutic. It heals skin infections and rashes that happen due to oily skin. It also exfoliates the skin, removes the dead cells and also balances the flow of the natural oils in the skin. Overall, neem works wonders for your skin. To make a neem face pack, you have to crush some need leaves and mix in some lemon juice. Apply this thick paste on the spots where you notice the acne or rashes. You can also smoothly apply the mask on your whole face. Leave it to dry and then rinse it off. This is a very effective face mask that you must try out.
- Onion, honey, and oatmeal: Onion, oatmeal, and honey may seem like an odd combination, but when mixed together, they make the best face mask for oily skin. You just need to tolerate the unpleasant smell of onion juice and your facial skin will become beautiful in no time. Take about four tablespoons of onion juice, one cup of oatmeal and one tablespoon of honey. Mix them thoroughly together and apply the pack to your face. Leave it for about half an hour and rinse with cold water. Try it and you will be really amazed by the results!
- Cucumber face pack: Last but not the least, we have the amazing face mask for oily skin made out of the humble cucumber. Grate some cucumber and refrigerate till it is chilled. Take it out and smear the grated cucumber all over your face. This is a beneficial as well as a tremendously refreshing face pack for oily skin. The cucumber pulls out the excess oil from the skin and opens up the pores too, enabling your skin to breathe easy. This makes the skin healthy, supple and very soft to touch.
As you can see, most of these face masks are very simple to prepare and apply. So without any more delay, start a new beauty regime for your oily skin. You will start noticing the positive differences in no time. These packs are tried and tested, a hundred percent safe and have absolutely no side effects. Surely, you won’t need any more reason to try them out, would you?
[Also Read: 7 Homemade Skin Blotting Face packs For Oily Faces]