Winter can be especially harsh. From dry, itchy skin to rough and dull hair, winter brings about its own share of skin problems. It is, therefore, necessary for you to take ample care of yourself during this time. Ayurveda is known to help immensely with this problem of dry skin. In this article, we list some very effective ayurvedic beauty care tips to help you take care of your skin and hair this winter.
Also Read : Winter Care Essentials For Your Skin
Ayurvedic skin care for winters
Let us begin with the skin care measures that you can try. Ayurveda is one of the oldest forms of medicine and has been around for ages. Even when the cosmetics, the shampoos or the creams and lotions weren’t around, people turned to Ayurveda for relief from skin problems. And now even with the advent of the supplements, you can benefit greatly by using an ayurvedic skin remedy this winter. Listed below are the best ayurvedic beauty care tips for winter. Take a look.
- Eating right: It is very important to eat right during the winters. Ayurveda promotes healthy eating as it is believed that the therapeutic properties of the various foods help supply the nutrition to your skin. This keeps the skin healthy and gives you a beautiful look all throughout the season. This winter try eating milk products, pulses, nuts and olives. All these foods are rich sources of good fats. These fats get distributed across the body and reach the skin too. Start off with this and you will see some great results soon.
- Ayurvedic beauty tips for face: If you are looking for some sure-shot ayurvedic face packs, then you would be happy to know that there indeed are many options. Ayurveda is a treasure chest and the many herbs inside it work very well to provide your skin with the nutrition it needs to stay healthy in winter. You can apply face packs made out of Anantamool, Ashvagandha, Shatavari, Amla, Yashtimadhu, Rose petals or Nagarmotha. These herbs are all medicated and help replenish your skin of the lost moisture during winter. You can buy the herbs from any ayurvedic store or you can walk into an ayurvedic healing centre and try out the Ayurveda for skin options.
Also Read : Step By Step Guide To Do Face Clean Up At Home
- Ayurvedic massages for winter: Massages are another way in which Ayurveda immensely helps in winter. You can get an ayurvedic massage for your full body, your feet, your face or even your hair. Every single massage rejuvenates your skin and also helps your joints and muscles. This has a directly effect on your appearance and helps enhance your looks even more. Ayurveda relies on the natural oils and herbs for relief. When these oils and herbs are massaged into the body, a lot of healing takes place. An ayurvedic massage every now and then is therefore essential for the winters.
Also Read : 8 Best Winter Spa Treatments To Warm You Up
- Vitamin D: It is a vital vitamin; it makes your joints strong. But did you know that this particular vitamin is also responsible for giving your skin a distinctive glow? Unfortunately, due to the low intensity of the sun during winters, we don’t get a lot of Vitamin D from the sun. But don’t worry – a very simple ayurvedic skin care routine can take care of this problem. All you have to do is increase your intake of foods rich in Vitamin D. These foods include soy products, eggs, fish like tuna and salmon, milk products, yogurt and tomato. You can also make face masks out of certain foods like tomato and yogurt and apply them on your face. These are the secret ayurvedic beauty tips for face that no one will tell you about!
- Ghee and coconut oil: Ayurveda believes in the balance of the Vata Dosha in the body. Vata governs the overall wellness of the human mind, body as well as the skin. And since winter naturally brings about an imbalance, rely on the ayurvedic remedies to balance the oils of the body. Ghee and coconut oil help a lot in bringing about this balance. Both ghee and coconut oil have natural fats that get absorbed by the skin. This removes the many skin blemishes and helps you combat the dry skin problems in winter.
Ayurveda for skin
As you can clearly see from the points mentioned above, there are many effective ayurvedic beauty tips for face and as well as the entire body. Your skin reflects the overall health of your body. You therefore need to care for your skin inside-out. Keep the tips mentioned above in mind and you will see how easy it is to pamper your skin even amid the harshness of winter. The ayurvedic medicines are completely natural and free of all kinds of chemicals. They do not have any side-effects either. With so many benefits, you should definitely not delay beginning your ayurvedic skin care any further.
Also Read : The Journey of Spa and Its Evolution