Hair spa therapy has become an important part of hair care routine these days. It is a procedure that is designed to deal with major hair issues such as dandruff, hair fall, hair thinning and frizziness while making your hair bouncy and smooth. There are different types of hair spa treatments that you can choose from based on your hair type and the hair issue you are dealing with.
If you are skeptical about going to the parlor for a hair spa therapy, you can very well start off by using some homemade hair spa packs. They are not only easy to make but also help tackle the problem of hair thinning which seems to be a concern for many these days. Read on to find out more.
How to Do Hair Spa at Home
If you cannot visit a salon for a hair spa because of time and budget constraints, you can easily get an affordable and relaxing hair spa done at home from UrbanClap. You can also do a simple hair spa all by yourself. Here is a step-by-step tutorial to help you achieve salon-like hair:
- Wet your hair using a moisturising hairspray and then apply a nourishing hair oil to your scalp and the length of your hair. You can use olive oil or coconut oil, or even a rich oil such as almond oil or Argan oil for this massage.
- Apply a deep conditioning hair mask suitable for your hair type and massage it into your hair.
- Cover your hair with a hair cap and leave it for at least 15-20 minutes. This will help your hair in absorbing all the moisture from the hair mask and hair oil.
- Remove the cap and wrap a hot towel around your head. The heat will help the moisture to penetrate deeper into your hair shaft.
- If you have dry hair, you can apply another layer of hair mask and massage it to your hair.
- Wash your hair with a gentle shampoo. Condition it with a hydrating conditioner.
- Squeeze out excess water from your hair and then apply a leave-in conditioner to your hair. Let it air dry.
Hair Spa Benefits for Thin Hair
People fighting hair loss problems can hugely benefit from hair spa. Listed below are 4 major benefits of hair spa for thin hair:
Benefit #1: Deep Conditions the Hair
If you use styling tools to tame your mane frequently, there are chances that the heat can damage your hair over time. Even if you use a heat protectant, regular use of styling tools such as flat irons, curling wands and hair dryers can lead to hair breakage and hair thinning. If you do not take remedial measures to deal with these issues, your hair gets damaged immensely. A hair spa treatment deep conditions the hair and repairs the damage done by these tools.
Also read: Hair Spa: What, Why and How — Answered
Benefit #2: Normalises Oil Secretion
Some people have an oily scalp that secretes a lot of oil and makes the hair appear flat, lifeless and thin. Qualified salon professionals suggest a hair spa treatment that can help normalise oil secretion in your scalp and add some life to your hair. After a few regular hair spa sessions, your hair will surely have a healthy shine and will appear healthy. If you have dry and lifeless hair, a suitable hair spa treatment will promote oil secretion in your scalp and help it regain its lustre and bounce.
Benefit #3: Stimulates Hair GrowthHair thinning can be triggered by stress, bad lifestyle, as a side effect of medicines, diseases, etc. If you used to have strong and healthy hair that is thinning fast, regular hair spa treatments can save your hair. Hair spa can promote blood circulation in your scalp and stimulate hair growth. It is recommended to go for hair spa treatments at least twice a month for visible results.
Benefit #4: Repairs Damage
It is pretty exciting to colour your hair often. However, this can have a bad effect on the health of your hair and lead to various issues including thinning of hair. A hair spa treatment can help repair damaged hair and assist you in dealing with hair thinning. Coupled with a good diet, hair spa treatments can do wonders for your thin hair.
Hair spa treatments are also helpful in dealing with stress since head massage with oil or a deep conditioning mask done as a part of the treatment can help you relax. It gives you an opportunity to take a break from your busy schedule and have a little “me time” to breathe and relax. Once you get hooked, you will start looking forward to your hair spa treatments every month for a chance to pamper yourself and take care of your hair.